It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky Haven in Russia?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

Husky Haven in Russia? Empty
PostSubject: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, does this site seem to say BYB/mill or is this a legitimate breeder? Obviously there are translation issues as they are Russian and so the English text may or may not convey what they want it to. I figure maybe someone who's from Russia or at least has more familiarity with breeders can give a better opinion on this.

http://huskyhaven.net/

and just a note- I'm not getting a dog from them or having the thread turn into a flaming angry rant against this place. My question is fueled by plain curiosity.

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Considering they have dogs from some of the better kennels in the US and importing/exporting is quite a process, I'm guessing they are a good breeder. I know Trillium Blue is quite picky about where their puppies end up and they have several of their dogs. They also have a Huskavarna dog. Although, you never know if it is an accurate representation of their breeding stock. Anyone can download pix and put together a website, but it looks legit to me. I'm not sure about exporting, but for importing, a dna test is required for the puppies to be allowed to register. My pups dam was imported from Spain.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Also, don't you know that any breeder discussion can lead to an angry rant, especially one with innocent intentions. Wink I kid, I kid.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm

yes, ive noticed that most breeder discussions do end up with rants lol. i should just expect it.

My puppy's Sire came from one of their dogs (although i would consider the breeder we got Kiba from to be more of a BYB). At the time, we were dummies and i knew more about the characteristics of the breed and less about selecting a high quality breeder. So there ya have it. The breeder mentioned this is where he got his dogs (he has 5) and its on her pedigree information so i looked them up.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

If you look at some of the pedigrees they also include Karnovanda and Innisfree. Which, are also two very good ones. I don't have any experience with Innisfree, but I've heard they aren't quite what they used to be, but still have beautiful dogs. Plus, most of the dogs on the husky haven site have championship titles in Russia and surrounding countries. I think they look like quality dogs to my untrained eye. Husky Haven doesn't look like a byb to me. Is your puppies sire on the site?
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:26 pm

this is his (kiba's sire) pedigree listed on their site:

http://huskyhaven.net/dog27703

they don't have a picture of him up though. I really can't make heads or tails of international show titles and things like that.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:28 pm

i should clarify too that i have met both the sire and dam in person when i visited the breeders before picking a puppy. the way i had that worded made it sound sketchy like i had never seen him before
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm

That's what I thought you meant, as in they had been imported, or the previous generation had. Smile Wow... Spawn Von Demon lol, what a name
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:33 pm

yeah...i thought it was strange too. and a little funny. probably not what i would name my dog but there ya go. His dogs were named with norse mythology in mind if i remember right. To each their own i guess
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:34 pm

They seem to have a lot of litters, though the pedigrees seem ok.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:45 pm

yes i noticed that as well. i think the thing i questioned was show stuff. i mean, how do i know if that kind of thing is legit or if they are just making up titles and unknowing American's are just impressed with it not knowing its all bogus.

Well, i appreciate someone looking at it. She's the best dog a girl could want and is just a companion (she's spayed) so i suppose info won't impact anything at this point. Its just my curiosity of her lineage that's piqued my interest.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:26 pm

You could always contact trillium blue and ask them if its accurate. They would at the very least know if their dogs listed on the site are legit.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

That's a really good point. If they are indeed trillium dogs then it would give them a lot of credibility. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:12 pm

They do things a little differently in Europe/Asia; They also have a different "type" they expect to see in the show ring.

I don't know what I think about them, but I imagine the dog in your pedigree is one of their older stock and perhaps the new dogs are an attempt to be more legit?

I'm not sure, though, so don't quote me hahaha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:48 pm

I can see that being a possibility. It looks like their dogs now are all show quality but with no pictures it's hard to see what kibas predecessors looked liked. Both dame and sire are working dogs (they do dry land carting) and are handsome but I can't comment on how they stack up to the breed standard. It wouldn't surprise me if their goal was to improve their lines. I had no idea people imported dogs until the breeder talked about where they came from.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:49 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Also, don't you know that any breeder discussion can lead to an angry rant, especially one with innocent intentions. Wink I kid, I kid.

hahaha , i feel like experienced this firsthand .
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:03 am

I just didn't want to personally start an attack on anyone but rather just get educated opinions. sometimes the breeder/going-to-breed threads make for some interesting reading with all the drama! I guess I should remember that I put this thread in motion but I've got no brakes or steering for where it will go from there lol
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah wen I first started I posted about a breeder that I didn't know if I trust or not . That I had bad feelings about that I live near , and had no idea what that it gets like that . And I rode that rollercoaster for a while with like a jillion notifications. The whole time I was like oh dear god , I've created a monster . But it was super informative Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:01 am

That was a really great discussion. I thought it was fairly drama free. Sorta.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:33 am

Well The breeders that got on here and commented weren't drama free but everyone else was . It just turned into something bigger than I expected . WAY bigger . Lol
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:33 am

well at least it wasn't like some of the ones in the "Dog House" section of the forum lol! I did follow that thread though because it always gets interesting when breeders get on here and get defensive. I generally tend to agree with what other members say in those discussions about needing some darn good reasons for breeding and doing hips/eye checks ect. but id rather not facilitate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky Haven in Russia?   Husky Haven in Russia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky Haven in Russia?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Miscellaneous Questions-