It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 3:18 pm

Greetings FRENS!
Oh my goodness....it's been so very long since I've stopped by this fluffy place.
I'm very curious to see who checks in and who I'll remember.
A lot has happened, I'm 29yrs old now and today is in fact Mylo's 9th birthday!
He's happy and healthy despite his ongoing struggle with epilepsy.
I don't remember if I ever shared when that started happening at 5yrs old.
Anyway, I took the day off to just spend the whole day with my baby boy.
The weather has finally gotten cooler down here in Houston...so it was a park day!
Mylo knows the weather is nice and wants to do some walking.

As I said, my strong boy has been battling with seizures for 4 years now.
It used to be once a month, slowly the frequency has shortened.
That's something I expected down the line, but it's not easy to stomach.
since June its been every 7-8 days like clockwork. It's bizarre.
The length and intensity of the attacks have remained the same all this time.
1 minute max of stiff movement when he's sleeping.
He just stays laying down as he "loads" back and gets up after like 40 minutes like nothing. I just make sure he's walking normally and test his eyesight.
I describe it as his brain having a faulty cable that shorts out when he's just trying to relax.
He's been on Levetiracetam for 2 years. I finally put him on medicine after one day on July 2021 when he had four attacks on that same day..thats when I knew I had to put him on that.
I was just doing the strongest CBD oil available before that.

He loves to sleep in the living room, so for the past few years I have slept on the couch to be near him and keep an eye on him when he has an attack. Thankfully the couch I sleep on is very comfortable. It's almost instinct now when I'm asleep and I hear him having an attack and I hurry to make sure he doesn't hit himself on something and put a towel by his head and in the middle of him under his legs when he stats to pee himself. He keeps coming back every time, so I'll continue to be there for him.

Every birthday makes it super emotional for me to see him make it yet another year.
I love him so very much. He continues to teach a lot about life.
His skin has always been dry and as he gets older his skin has only gotten worse.
He's so fluffy that you can't tell though, but he has a lot of scabby areas.
I've tried everything from change of diet to oils and it all continues.
I just keep giving him these multi vitamin chews and I do my best with bathing him every other month with special medicated shampoo that really smoothes out his skin like a restart button.

The tradition of getting him a special custom birthday bandana began with his 6th birthday.

ALRIGHT. Here comes a 2023 Mylo photo marathon!

72lbs of fluffy Myloooo
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1210

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0210

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0211

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_5610

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_6010

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 71779110

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 71779111

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_6210

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_8310

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_5811

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_5911

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_5912

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Render10

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_6310
The final *official* 9th birthday pic  sunny

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_6110
aaand to end this photo marathon...here's my little baby bear when he was 8 weeks old.

EDIT: ughh idk why some pics uploaded sideways. oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 4:26 pm

Heya Dave, it has been a long time but I remember you and Mylo well (well,at least Mylo!) Houston has always been something I'd like to forget ... I lived there from 1978 to 2012 (more or less) and from the other side of Texas I can say I don't miss that city at all.

You're looking good (I mean Mylo is, you slipped into a couple of those pictures) and while the news of seizures isn't new, it's good that it's gone well enough that he's still with you.

And ... from the Big Bend of Texas, it's really good to see you again!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Dave! It’s so good to see you and Mylo again! He looks amazing! Sorry you guys are still dealing with his seizures Crying or Very sad you mentioned his dry skin condition, did his vet ever look into it? Like maybe a thyroid issue or zinc deficiency type thing? Both can be connected to seizures. Anyways, he looks great. Seeing him made my eyes tear up. He’s always reminded me so much of Mishka (she passed away January 26th, btw Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad…Kohdi passed away 3 months later) Mishka almost made it to her 9th birthday, she was only a couple months away. So happy Mylo has made it and will continue to beat the seizures and live to be a little old man. Anyways, Happy Birthday to Mylo…and many more!!!! I haven’t been on here hardly at all but I come in once in awhile to go thru Kohdi and Mishka’s scrapbooks and I was surprised, and happy to see a Mylo update 😊
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2023 8:15 am

@aljones
Nice to hear from ya! You had a long living career here! I’m too much of a city boy to ever leave the big H. I’ve been here near downtown all my life.

Yeah, my little strong man has slowed down, but he’s still Mylo. Sometimes I wonder if the medication is working good enough anymore, but Im scared of what a new one would do to him.

I won’t have much news besides this birthday post, but I’ll try to not take such a long hiatus this time !

@Artic_Wind
How great to hear from you Jim…..but I’m devastated about what you revealed. That is insane….You gave them a wonderful loving life.
I continue to be shocked at how strong my little man is, he keeps coming back. He has so much love from everyone around him, he’s never alone. My living situation is a bit strange, but it all revolves around him. I spend so much money on him, but it makes me happy that I’m able to help him just as I promised I would when he was a baby puppy.
Something I didn’t mention on my initial post about he seizures is that he has one attack 3 days in a row now (9-10 hour gaps). Still the same intensity and length as always just under a minute, He already takes 3 tablets every 12hrs, I’m very afraid to increase dosage or change medication. About his skin…well the vet has ever shown any super critical concern besides describing them as hot spots. As I said, I do give him a bath with a special medicated shampoo and it really smoothes out all the scabby areas, it’s crazy. I don’t bathe him too often though as I know that can cause other issues with him being a husky. I keep it to once every other month.
Anywayyyy, it’s nice you check back over here for activity on the scrapbooks. I don’t have much to share besides this birthday post, but I won’t take such a eternal hiatus this time!

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 9:40 am

Happy birthday (late now), Mylo! Where has the time gone? One of mine has skin struggles. He's allergic to basically everything so it always itchy. I use the Trizchlor shampoo on him and it does fine but with his medication there's just nothing to really do for it as skin issues are a side effect. As one of my others is diabetic now I totally get appreciating every year you get. We've been dealing with the diabetes for 3 years now and every new year is a surprise and a blessing.

Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 11:44 am

Mylo "My Love" Cervantes
10/09/2014 - 03/06/2024 My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 2665

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1211

Dearest Mylo, you were the center of our world for 9 years...we miss you deeply. Even though we are flooded with memories of you, we will learn to live without you someway somehow. We are devastated you are gone, but we are glad your last day with us was a normal usual day up until you naturally took your last final breath at 10:34pm on March 6th.

Mylo was very strong boy that fought epilepsy for the last 5 years until the very end. He always came back from every attack, but he did not come back from it on the night of March 6th. He was otherwise a happy and healthy boy that enjoyed life, going on walks,  lounging outside enjoying a windy day, just enjoyed being around all of us relaxing, was obsessed with red beans, cheese items, and lemon lays chips.

My biggest concern for the last five years was for him to not be alone when he passed. We always did our best around the clock to never let him be alone, he never was. The night of March 6th, he was winding down as usual. He was laying down in the kitchen just hanging out when he started having an attack. It was going as usual, under 1 minute episode, we rush to get towels to put under his head and under his belly/in between his private area. However, this time he didn't load back after the attack was over. He let out one last deep breath, such a deep breath like we've never heard him do before at the end of an attack. I would always make sure his eyes were active by waving my hand, but his eyes were still and his belly wasn't moving from breathing anymore. It was over, he was gone. His body couldn't do it this time. We headed off with his body to his emergency at 11:15pm. Me and his mom stayed in the car with him up until 11:45pm until we got him off and they rolled him into a room.

12:05 midnight
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0814

12:28 midnight
My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0815

The time was 12:30 midnight when his mom and I said our final goodbye to him as he was rolling away. He looked like he was just comfy asleep on his extra bed. His body was beginning to feel very stiff, something I didn't even know happened to bodies after passing. That's when I knew it was time to leave because we didn't want to see how else his body would start to wither further.

This is how we expected him to go one day, but you never want it to happen. His seizures began in 2019. It's amazing he gave us all these extra fluffy years. I always tried my absolute best to provide for him and spend as much time with him. Everyone loved him so much. On the night of his passing, the whole family rushed to the house to come see him one more time before me and Mylo's fur mom took him to his emergency vet to arrange for cremation. We transferred him to his extra bed and carried him over to the back of the car. His ashes should be ready in a week.

He didn't bleed or anything like he would sometimes during an attack from biting his tongue. He had a great normal usual day on March 6th. I happened to be off most of that day and I spent most of my day with him up until 1:30pm when I had to leave. As usual I took a picture of him before I left because for the last 5 years.. everyday could be the day. Here are the last two pictures I took of him alive before I left on Wednesday. My little sleepy head, it was a warm day that day so he wasn't in the mood for a walk. So he felt like hanging out in the room on his 2nd bed that was always stationed in that room for him. As usual I sat down next to him and massaged him for a long time until I laid on the floor for a while before I had to leave.

March 6th 1:28pm - he had been napping in the room with me and then I called his name so he could pick up his head for a quick pic.

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0812

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0813

Mylo is the first loved one I've ever lost. This is a very strange feeling, to learn to live without him. To make life decisions that will no longer involve him. Even today, a Saturday...a day I would spend with him all day doing our usual things. What I'm gonna do today is go to a shelter to donate 90% of his things. He has a ton of leftover foods/treats, sheets/blankets, grooming items, and 2 months worth of sealed seizure medication. I realize one or two of these things might not be able to be accepted, but I don't want these things to go to waste before trying to do something about it first.
We are only keeping a blanket that has his face on it, the last blanket he laid on (the orange white stripped one on his bed), his leash, collar, his bowls, and treat basket.

I just want to do something with him in mind, to honor him. In fact I'd like to get involved with a shelter to feel like I'm doing something for him. Maybe even just donating money every month or something. Mylo changed my life.

This forum was a huge help to me especially during his early younger days. It was necessary for me to make a memorial post on here. So here's a few pics to end this memorial post of my sweet little baby bear.

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_7911

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_8410

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_8610

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_7310

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_7110

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 69198710

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_6912

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_9212

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_7011

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_8110

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_5411

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1711

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_4811

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1311

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0912

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0913

For the last 3 years or so, his favorite spot to sleep overnight was the living room. That's his living room bed. For all those last years, I slept in the living room to be with him just in case he had a seizure to quickly assist him. Mylo was never the snuggly type, but he enjoyed being in the presence of us. Some nights he would feel clingy and give me a look that I knew was for me to move his little bed close to the couch to sleep close to me. Thankfully, the couch is super comfy so that wasn't ever a negative for my sleep. It's the hardest for me when I wake up now because he was the first thing I would see when opening my eyes.

We all miss your presence, your sounds, your fur, caring for you, walking with you.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 2:54 pm

Dave, I’m heartbroken for you. I am so very sorry😢 I’m already emotional right now because I’m living in the time between Mishka passing away and Kohdi’s last days coming up next month, so I cried when I read your post. I’m sure Mishka and Kohdi met Mylo when he arrived up there and after showing him around, are having a blast running around and playing. Your post reminded me a lot of how it played out with my Malukhai. The ONE thing that I felt blessed about was, like Mylo, his last day was a normal day like any other. I can tell you that after seeing Mishka deteriorate as fast as she did and then seeing Kohdi’s last days, having a pup pass not having any pain or suffering and leaving us on a day like any other, truly is a blessing. I know the grief you are experiencing but take some comfort in that. Know too, that you gave Mylo the BEST life, he was a happy, very well taken care of, pup with you. Mylo had 9 years with you because of the love and care you gave him. Always remember that. Mylo left knowing he was loved.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Well, I couldn't reply when I read this this morning and I was doing okay until I read Jimmy's response. It's really hard to type when all you see are tears.

I've laughed with you when you've talked about some of the 'stuff' Mylo did and cried with you when he started having seizures. There are a few dogs who have just looked happy all the time (Your Milo and Jimmy's Mishka and Kohdi)

As Jimmy said and others will say, you gave Mylo the best possible life he could have. Even at the end he was with you and it was quick. I'm sorry that I can't write more of how I feel, but that's never been my strong point, just know that I've been where you are and it hurts like hell, remember the good times and enjoy the memories.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 9:56 pm

Dave - I am so sorry for your loss. I've always loved the pics of Mylo and your stories. I'm so glad you were able to be with him at the end - for Mylo and for you. And I'm glad it was quick. So many IAHT doggy friends lost in the last year of two, we are there with you.

Last edited by amymeme on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:19 am

Mylo was a sweet and vibrant soul and I'm glad that you had each other for the time that you did. So sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and sending soothing vibes while you work your way toward your new normal. They are always with us in our hearts and our memories.

Puppy
Puppy
RAHUSKY

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:25 am

We send respect,
Back to top Go down
http://rahusky.blogspot.com/
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:26 am

@Artic_Wind thank you for your words and I'm sorry my grief is adding to your current emotional state. You had two amazing puppies, I'm happy I got to know them through all the pics here. I know you get the way I feel right now directly. These fluffy angels came and changed our lives. I am also glad Mylo had a normal usual day because he had days when he would be anxious or unsettled or skipped a meal. Those days always made me nervous, but he would have a better day the next day. His last day, nobody had any suspicion of his behavior. It is so strange to learn how to live without him in my life, he was the center of my life and now my decisions don't involve him. I don't remember how life was before him. On a funny note to end, the emergency vet thought Mylo was a girl husk. That's something that people always thought. It's so cute that he was the size of a female husky. I went back to look at pictures of big handsome boy Kohdi and princess angel Mishka. Run on them rainbow fields, little ones.

@aljones thank you for dropping by here for my sweet Mylo's memorial. I can't believe Jim's two fluffy angels and my boy are all gone. I remember the heyday a few years ago when both of us were super active on the forum. I always did try my absolute very best for my little fluffy son. He was my world. It's gonna take a long time for me to learn how to live a life without him now.

@amymeme thank you for your words and yes it was a day we all knew was coming...but you never exact it to actually happen. We were all there for him until his natural last breath.

@TwisterII thank you for stopping by and yes, flooded with grief and also flooded with memories.

@RAHUSKY thanks, with love

Last edited by davecerv on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 am

It's so nice to hear from ya'll that have been here from the very beginning. I appreciate y'all.
Here's little simple video I put together that felt right as a memorial for my little boy.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:25 am

What a beautiful tribute, Dave.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

amymeme wrote:
What a beautiful tribute, Dave.
Can't say it any better a beautiful tribute for a beautiful pup.

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:05 am

Aw Dave, don’t be sorry, it’s going to take me a long long time to get out of my grief, you didn’t add to it. When I first knew Mylo started having seizures, my heart sank. I always felt I “met” Mylo through your pics and stories, so when he started having seizures, I felt your pain/confusion/uncertainty, etc. I’d been through it so I knew what it was like. I also knew, without a doubt, Mylo was extremely fortunate to have you taking care of him and that you’d do your absolute best. And you did. Your tribute is beautiful. Hits close to home for me too, there is one walk Kohdi and I did (ironically it was today…one year ago) that for some reason I’ve never been able to get out of my head. I even took a pic of him on this walk, which just popped up in my FB memories today. Mishka had already passed away and it was just Kohdi and I. Like you, I let Kohdi lead the way, he wanted this walk…a very very long walk through three zip codes. There was nothing spectacular about it, or worriesome, I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head. Anyways, I totally get how you are feeling, especially when you say you forgot how to live without him by your side. That is me. Even though I recently got a new puppy, Kohdi and Mishka are always on my mind. Tears fall daily…lots of tears. Don’t let your grief eat you up, Mylo wouldn’t want that. He’d want you to know he knew you did your absolute best for him and he misses you, but he’s in a place now where he doesn’t need to take meds and can watch over you without worry he will have another seizure. He knows he was loved more than anything. Heck, everyone here even knows that 😊

Watching your video was like I was watching me with Kohdi or Mishka, one thing though made me do a double take when you were panning the camera around and it settled on a clay frog…I thought I was the only one with this ugly frog, lol…here’s mine. So Mylo, Kohdi and Mishka all had this frog in their life 😊

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 6b7c8510
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:36 pm

@davecerv and @Artic_wind Jimmy you have the truth of that but only part of it.  I don't take pictures as a matter of course ... it's odd, when I was in the service and traveling I always had a camera with me but when it comes to people or pets who are always around, I don't.

You two really do make it feel as if 'I “met” Mylo (and Mishka and Kohdi) through your pics and stories' they're so vibrant in the ways you've done that.  Thank you both for letting me share your lives with your pups

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 12:42 am

@ Al…thank you so much.

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 5:07 pm

Mylo's memorial space is finally complete.
I've been doing better, I can finally talk about him without crying.
I only break when someone else brings him up in any way.
I still expect him when arrive home and sometimes I wonder "im gonna go see where he's at because I haven't heard him in a while".

My ex had this wonderful portrait made, it's perfect.
I picked up his ashes yesterday.
I selected over 100+ pics of him to get printed and fill up a whole new photo album with.
I also got 5 little picture magnets with his name, birthday, and date of passing to give out to family.

We always went all in for him when he was alive and we went all in for after his passing.

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0110

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_0111

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1214

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Img_1213
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 1:42 am

So beautiful Dave. When Kohdi and Mishka passed away, I had canvas prints made with the same text as what you have on Mylo’s. It just fits. I used pics that for Mishka, is one of my favorite pics of her, and for Kohdi, the way I remember him in my own way. I like the idea of the urn necklace too.

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 36c66310

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 C5950310
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 10:50 am

Beautiful memorial.

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 2:05 pm

Beautiful memorial, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:45 pm

I am do sorry to come and see this news, i am glad you could all be there for him in the end. So sorry for your loss, Hugs. it is never easy to lose your best friend and it does not get easier when you lose more after that first, they all hurt. looks like you have made a great tribute to Milo, may all your happy memories bring you peace and know he is still by your side.

PostSubject: Re: My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.    My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

My dearest Mylo was strong until the very end. A memorial.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9