It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need some food advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NCSIBE
Newborn
Newborn
NCSIBE

Male Join date : 2013-06-11

Need some food advice Empty
PostSubject: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Ive been feeding my two TOTW Sierra Mountain for quite awhile now and have had generally good luck with TOTW products BUT.. Jax skin has become Ashy and alot more dandruff. We where giving him fish oil tablets to help with his skin but he becomes extremely oily even when we only give the pills a couple times a week. Im trying to find a grain free food with a descent amount of protein and great for skin and coat. Oh and also easy to digest hince why they are on the lamb formula now. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:52 pm

We switched from TOTW to Earthborn when we moved up here in December, mostly because Earthborn was more readily available. It's fairly comparable in price, and we're having great results. Ghost was getting picky with the TOTW anyway, she doesn't with Earthborn. There are several formulas, and we haven't had any issues with any of them. Shadow has issues with potatoes so we won't be able to feed her Earthborn, and I've started doing quite a bit of research since I really don't like the Nature's Variety Instinct that she currently eats. I'm getting ready to try out Nutrisca with her, it's another reasonably priced grain free food. I'll let you know how that one works out for us.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Need some food advice 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
NCSIBE
Newborn
Newborn
NCSIBE

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Been considering Earthborn aswell. We had a sample bag back when we had Milo but his stomach was so sensitive we barely could give him a few pieces. Jax seems to not be nearly so sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

We switched to Earthborn Holisitic a while back on a recommendation from a few forum people and because I was really starting to question the reliability of TOTW (although I would still feed it if I needed to).  We've found similar results-- the price point is practically the same and we have a buy 10 get 1 free with our store, so it's much more affordable.  Koda is very picky and would find a bag of TOTW he didn't like once in a while.  We haven't had that issue with Earthborn and we love that it's grain-free and a reliable company.

Need some food advice Hailey10
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:26 pm

I do The Honest Kitchen and Orijen (it helps off set the cost a little bit) but both of my boys are very sensitive and have to eat grain fee, but they have done great on both of these foods. The Honest Kitchen has done amazing things for both of their coats. I could tell a difference pretty quickly. I don't know how close you are to a store that sells The Honest Kitchen, and its expensive but I think its worth it. I also have store here that sells it a little cheaper then I've seen it online and even their website, so that helps with the expense a lot for me. Orijen for awhile was the only food that I could find that didn't give Siku diarrhea, I swear I tried like every organic brand out there before stumbling across it.
Back to top Go down
NCSIBE
Newborn
Newborn
NCSIBE

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks everyone earthborn seems to be the way we will go. Ill give feedback on results later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some food advice   Need some food advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some food advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1