It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Random quote i found fitting..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

Random quote i found fitting.. Empty
PostSubject: Random quote i found fitting..   Random quote i found fitting.. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 pm

One of my favorite past times is reading - simple fictional books mostly, but any sort of book. And i came across this passage in a dean koontz book many moons ago, and posted it on facebook (before i had a dog), and just reread it today (after having my husky) and i thought that the passage was so true - especially of the intelligent, curious, wonderful huskies we all love. so, i figured i'd share.

"If you are a dog lover, a true dog lover, and not just one who sees them as pets or animals, but are instead one who sees them as one's dear companions, and more than companions - sees them as perhaps being but a step or two down the species ladder from humankind, not sharing human exceptionalism but not an abyss below it, either - you watch them differently from the way other people watch them, with a respect for their born dignity, with a recognition of their capacity to know joy and to suffer melancholy, with the certainty that they suspect the tyranny of time even if they don't fully understand the cruelty of it, that they are not, as self-blinded experts contend, unaware of their own mortality.
If you watch them with this heightened perception, from this more generous perspective, as Amy had long watched them, you see a remarkable complexity in each dog's personality, an individualism uncannily human in its refinement, though with none of the worst of human faults. You see an intelligence and a fundamental ability to reason that sometimes can take your breath away.
And on occasion, when you're not being in the least sentimental, when you're in too skeptical a mood to ascribe to dogs any human qualities they do not possess, you will nevertheless perceive in them that singular yearning that is common to every human heart, even to those who claim to live a faithless existance. For dogs see mystery in the world, in us and in themselves and in all things, and are at key moments particularly alert to it, and more than usually curious."

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Random quote i found fitting..   Random quote i found fitting.. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:56 pm

The Darkest Evening of the Year. It is a fitting quote and reads beautifully. I don't know if Dean owned a Husky but it makes you wonder.

Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Random quote i found fitting..   Random quote i found fitting.. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 pm

He was partial to goldens, and often wrote about them. He had his dog trixie, and i actually remember reading the first book after she passed away, and in the middle of there was a passage that made me flip to the "about the author" section because i just got the feeling that she had passed away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random quote i found fitting..   Random quote i found fitting.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Random quote i found fitting..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1