It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Doggie Squabbles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Female Join date : 2009-05-25

Doggie Squabbles Empty
PostSubject: Doggie Squabbles   Doggie Squabbles EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I am having a difficult time with my girls fighting. Usually Dora will get a burr up her butt and play mental games on Neeko, after about a week of this she will stop. Occasionally there will be a fight and Neeko always backs down and once we seperate them she runs away.]

Now she fights back and when we seperate she keeps going after Dora. It is like she has had enough, but Dora is Queen Bee of the house and I do not foresee her losing that title anytime soon.

One thing that Dora does is whine at her and keep getting closer and closer. Neeko practically is in my lap trying to get away and then she gets tired of it and starts growling. Well that sets Dora off and we have to put them in seperate rooms.

I know that Neeko is currently preggers and she is due sometime at the end of the month. But this is not her first time and she has never acted like this. Dora is normally the aggressive one and Neeko is very passive.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try with my girls? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sunshinehuskies
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Doggie Squabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doggie Squabbles   Doggie Squabbles EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks justme.
I do keep them seperate, except for at night and then they sleep in there kennels in our bedroom. The are on opposite ends of the room and my boys sleep on the bed. Everyone but Neeko will get kicked out of the room most likely at the end of next week until the pups are about 4 wks old.

I can not wait until the peace is restored.
Back to top Go down
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Doggie Squabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doggie Squabbles   Doggie Squabbles EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:49 pm

No, this is not a our first litter and I believe in being prepared early. My girl seems to prefer a small place so I place her box in the closet and leave the door open for her. We let the other dogs see the pups on a one on one basis after they are two weeks old. Momma is very protective and gets agitated when the others around when they are that little. I go and sit and do my school work in our room with her, so if she wants company she knows I am there.

When we get to about 4 wks I let the visits get a little bigger and once they are steady on their feet I let them start to explore the house. Of course this is all supervised visitation.

We have about 2 and half weeks togo. sunny
Back to top Go down
The Dentist
Teenager
Teenager
The Dentist

Female Join date : 2009-05-24

Doggie Squabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doggie Squabbles   Doggie Squabbles EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 pm

sunshinehuskies wrote:
No, this is not a our first litter and I believe in being prepared early. My girl seems to prefer a small place so I place her box in the closet and leave the door open for her. We let the other dogs see the pups on a one on one basis after they are two weeks old. Momma is very protective and gets agitated when the others around when they are that little. I go and sit and do my school work in our room with her, so if she wants company she knows I am there.

When we get to about 4 wks I let the visits get a little bigger and once they are steady on their feet I let them start to explore the house. Of course this is all supervised visitation.

We have about 2 and half weeks togo. sunny

Have the camera ready!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doggie Squabbles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doggie Squabbles   Doggie Squabbles Empty

Back to top Go down

Doggie Squabbles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1