It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Why won't she listen!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titan
Puppy
Puppy
Titan

Why won't she listen!? Empty
PostSubject: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Up until last week Titan has been a little hard to handle, only because she is a puppy. We get that, nothing we couldn't handle. This week she has been peeing all over the house, not responding to what we say when she use to, not eating out of her bowl. Is it something we did!? Is this just a phase? We don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm

How old is Titan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Titan
Puppy
Puppy
Titan

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Almost 10 weeks.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Ok, hmm.

Are you continuing the normal bonding and learning and leadership stuff? Training, play, exercise, positive reinforcement, consistency and calmness??

Would you describe Titan as hyperactive at all or just disobedient? Is it an energy issue or an obedience issue...or both?
Back to top Go down
Titan
Puppy
Puppy
Titan

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:11 pm

We take puppy classes and she learns really well. Every time she goes outside we say yes and good girl followed by praising her. We know she knows her name she just decides not to listen when we want her to. I would say when she is hyper she is worse but other then that I would say she is disobedient. I take her for walks every day, try teaching her new tricks and when we come home She is ecstatic to see us.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 pm

She just sounds like a happy puppy to me then...frustrating, annoying, changing, stubborn, moody, contrary all being normal adjectives Smile
Back to top Go down
Jo
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 am

Ha-ha, I had to chuckle at your post. Welcome to the world of Husky attitude. We have four. We plunged into this with Chloe, we thought there was something wrong with her, she never listened, was horrible about housebreaking, two steps forward, 10 back. At around 10 months old we decided maybe she could use a Husky friend to calm her down. We go to get her brother Jack, while at the breeder, we find that his 8 week old brother did not have a home, she said if you want him take him. So we go home with double the trouble. I thought we would never get through any of this. After observing we realized that they go through stages, before 4 months, they really don't have much of an attention span, it is always hit and miss, I personally think this is the Husky way. they like to build up your confidence then knock you back down, LOL. Six months old, they know what is right and wrong, they just feel like testing you, then when you just about have had all you can take, the one year mark, adolescents, oh I can honestly see why so many Huskies end up in shelters before one year of age. Then boom, right around 1 year 2 months, everything just got better. They knew they were not going to get away with anything, timeouts were crucial, they still test us, but know darn well when they are in deep trouble. Oh and I forgot to mention, that when Jack and Carmine were 7 months old we brought home Hayden. A trial in himself. A whole new attitude. As you can see we love Huskies, and obviously all this is worth it. Just be consistent, it gets better.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:50 am

Why won't she Listen??  Well she is a puppy ,.... and she doesn't really speak the same language as you do. It just takes time to teach a pup...
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 am

Hang in there! I remember wondering if my Evie was deaf at one point. Nope...just selective hearing and the stubborn/independent husky way.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Of course it's a phase....it's a PUPPY phase.
It takes time. You just gotta be patient, and most important....It's A Husky Thing!!
Back to top Go down
Titan
Puppy
Puppy
Titan

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I didn't mean to offend anyone asking why she won't listen. I guess I should have started she listened and knew her name and everything last week and this week she is completely different. I was just asking if this was normal or of it was something I was doing. We love her and would never get rid of her. It's just causing some tension with her being so bad lately.
Back to top Go down
kelly foster ford
Puppy
Puppy
kelly foster ford

Female Join date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Huskies are a breed all by them selves  I have owned many dogs in my life the last three have been huskies, my first two huskies were very obedient, (guess I lucked out)because the one I have now her name is Eska was an awesome puppy but is a holy terror as a teenager. she is a year and a half now and is slowly starting to settle down. I never had to crate my first one and my second one was out of the crate by now. Eska is still in a crate during the day but not at night and she doesnt touch a thing but if I left her out during the day I would have no home left forsure.  Patience has been huge for us with Eska if my thirteen year old daughter and I are "having words" Eska is in there like a dirty shirt ...if we are playing she will want to play but if we are arguing look out !! she will rip up what ever she can get her mouth on... LOL.. They are so smart! So be patient and it will eventually stop and she will be the best dog you have ever owned.Smile
Back to top Go down
katie_walkah
Newborn
Newborn
katie_walkah

Female Join date : 2013-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 pm

My Max is the same way. Sad
It's like it did a complete turn around in his potty training though. He used to very rarely have accidents, and would scratch at the door when he needed out. Now he refuses to go outside! He won't even let us know if he needs to. It's awful. I don't know what to do besides stick it out and hope he catches on every time I drag him on a leash outside when he's trying to do his business in the kitchen, haha.
Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:29 pm

She will be fine with benefits after she hits a year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why won't she listen!?   Why won't she listen!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why won't she listen!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1