It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dog Flipping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aprunyon
Newborn
Newborn
aprunyon

Female Join date : 2013-05-05

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 am

Hey guys!
I'm not sure if this is happening in your area, but I live northern indiana and dog flipping has become a problem. My friend is personally dealing with this with her husky. We have spread the word to every vet, shelter, you name it in Indiana, a lot of them have flyers up. We have even created a Facebook page with almost a thousand likes **CHECK IT OUT (https://www.facebook.com/FindingRocket)** and we have even gone as far as getting the ABC news to do a segment on dog flipping which had Rocket it in. We know that is a long shot but please help us out and spread the word or like the page. any little thing helps.
Rocket was stolen, and then we located him and sent the police, but the police said there was nothing they could do. The next day the lady who stole rocket sold him and now we have no idea where he is at. We are following every lead possible in indiana and even surrounding states and we are not stopping until we FIND ROCKET

Dog Flipping 10140110

Rocket was stolen on May 10, 2013, from his home near the Miami/Cass county line in north central Indiana. He is an all white (no other color or tint on coat) neutered male husky weighing 65 pounds and being one and a half years old.
Rocket is bi-eyed. He was not chipped but family is willing to have DNA testing to prove ownership. When he was taken he was wearing a red Aztec collar with Cass Co. Animal Hospital tags. If you have any information on or about Rocket, please call Deb Clark at 574-739-0046 or message us at Finding Rocket on facebook. There is a $500 reward for his SAFE return with no questions asked. He is loved.
If you can please share this, at this point you are the only hope we have of bring him home.
Back to top Go down
moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 am

Thats sad, best of luck. all the more reason to have your dog chipped though
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 pm

There's a lot of this that happens around where I live. We had a scare with Kenzi over it not that long ago and now we don't let her out of the house without us. She's now chipped, has pictures taken of her from all angles and all distinct markings as well as video of her behavior, and local and county cops have a file on her in case they ever spot her out without me. There are a lot of sick people in the world that don't have a care for other people or the dogs they steal. Rocket has had one of the most wide spread searches of any dog I've ever seen and I hope it works out. So many people just make their little lost dog post on craigslist and leave it at that, somehow expecting that that should be enough.

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Wow Sad... how heartbreaking!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm

moto1087 wrote:
Thats sad, best of luck. all the more reason to have your dog chipped though

I'm not sure if the dog was chipped or not. Even if it was chipped, the new 'owner' can just not bring him to the vet or animal control to be scanned.

I've been following Finding Rocket since day one. I believe the dog was stolen out of her yard. Sad She should try to call all of the pet stores in the local area too. I really hope she finds rocket soon.
Back to top Go down
aprunyon
Newborn
Newborn
aprunyon

Female Join date : 2013-05-05

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Rocket wasn't chipped and is still missing Sad but within the last week Finding Rocket has gotten more likes which means word is still spreading. I hope we can bring him home!
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:43 pm

This makes me sick! I hope Rocket gets home to your friend soon. Our local news just ran a story about dog flipping yesterday. In a case like this, I don't think it would make a difference if the dog was chipped or not unless a new owner that purchased the dog had suspicions/concerns or maybe takes the dog to a vet that has seen his story and they scan him. Maybe it should become custom that vets scan dogs at the beginning of every appointment. Hardly practical, BUT...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 am

Could this be Rocket?

http://chillicothe.craigslist.org/for/3999062841.html

Edit - just noticed Rocket is a boy, darn!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 pm

I live in the Michigan area, I will keep my eyes and ears open for you... I am following the Finding Rocket page on Facebook, I wish you the best of luck, and if I see or hear anything I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog Flipping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Flipping   Dog Flipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Flipping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1