|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2013-08-05
Location : Lima, Ohio
|Subject: Open wound on rear paw Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 pm|| |
Maya and I was playing the other day, and after a fun time, we got home and I noticed her biting at her rear right paw. I got down on the floor and noticed there was a bright red spot with some blood. I immediately called the vet and they got me in within 20 minutes.
The odd thing is, she hasn't limped, she doesn't pull away from you when you look at it, nor is she acting like there is any pain.
The vet said there is something in there and he tried to pull it out but it didn't work out to well, so he prescribed some antibiotics and some spray. Gave her a cortisone shot and we left.
I have been very good on giving her the pills and I have missed a couple of sprays, but nothing too serious. She seemed to be doing fine over the weekend and I forgot to give her the pills this morning, but I gave her one this evening (1 every 12 hours).
I noticed she started biting at her paw again tonight, and it is very red again. My question is this...
1. She has the runny butt I believe from the antibiotics
2. She runs, plays, walks with no problems
3. She doesn't act like she is in pain in anyway
4. I haven't been able to roller-skate with her for the last 4 days, so I am afraid I will aggravate the wound. She does pull me most of the time until the end when I kind of have to coax her to keep up. She is starting to get rather antsy.
Walks are really not doing too much, it will wear her out for about a ½ hour, then she is pacing again...
My questions are this:
1. Should I contact the vet about the diarrhea?
2. Should I try to skate with her on a shorter distance (maybe try to keep up with her instead of the pull)?
3. Should I try other alternatives (including a changing from a very well established vet)?
4. Should I do something entirely different?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Join date : 2012-11-01
Location : Spokane WA
|Subject: Re: Open wound on rear paw Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:06 pm|| |
Yes contact your vet on the diarrhea. It's warm and she needs all the hydration she can get, he could switch antibiotics for her to see if it would help. A pic of the wound would help, I would not run her on pavement until she heals. Musher's Secret or a boot after she heals will be a good idea.
|» Activities On Crate Rest|
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 11:48 pm
» Is Husky breed ownership right for me?
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 10:26 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 6:56 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 6:52 pm
» You wanna go for a walk?
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 4:27 pm
» "Buddy" - Their loss was our gain.
by TwisterII Yesterday at 2:02 pm
» Introducing Bishop!
by amymeme Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 pm
» Husky Puppy guidance
by LinRuiz1 Sat May 30, 2020 3:54 pm
» Why does my Husky hate when I do this??
by TwisterII Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am
» Coat Issues
by sibmom Thu May 28, 2020 6:35 pm
» Incontinence or behavioral
by TwisterII Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 am
» Issues with eating
by Kdavlin15 Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by Kdavlin15 Sun May 24, 2020 6:31 pm
» Just introducing ourselves...
by Kdavlin15 Sun May 24, 2020 6:20 pm
» Critical Neighbours
by Kdavlin15 Sun May 24, 2020 6:18 pm
» Adventure's with Ami: A Scrapbook - Updated 12/27/2014
by amymeme Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 pm
» Randomly Peeing
by amymeme Sat May 23, 2020 6:27 pm
» Obedience suggestions
by Rory2020 Thu May 21, 2020 1:05 am
» Husky Mom's Rock!!!
by TwisterII Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 am
» New Puppy! Kavik and Tulok's Scrapbook (Tulok starts page 4) updated 5/12/20
by Kavik_the_Havoc Tue May 12, 2020 4:14 pm