It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

help with getting my husky to sleep!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlinkySlinks
Newborn
Newborn
SlinkySlinks

Female Join date : 2013-08-25

help with getting my husky to sleep! Empty
PostSubject: help with getting my husky to sleep!   help with getting my husky to sleep! EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:58 am

Hi, my husky Turbo is about 4 months old now, he used to go in his crate and sleep fine at night and just whine a little in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. now its starting to get really bad, he dosent just whine, the bottom of te cage completly freaking out! sometimes to the point were he wets himself... when we let him out all he wants to d is play, he will not sleep at nigh anymore, and then he does not want to do much during the day except sleep. i need to get the scedule back to normal! i dont want to leave him freaking out in the crate at night since i dont want him to wet himself, but i dont feel confortable leaving him outside at night, even with a fence. his cate is in my room right by my bed, so he is no alone. please i need help as soon as possible! im worried for my husky!

Thank,

-Slinkyslinks
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: help with getting my husky to sleep!   help with getting my husky to sleep! EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 pm

I noticed one thing that you said. You would take him out when he whined to go to the bathroom. You never want to open that door when they whine even if it is bathroom related or no reason at all crying. If you feed, water and crate on a consistent schedule, there shouldn't be any whining that is bathroom related, any crying beyond that is just ,"I want out of here!!!" Crying.

I will try to explain this as best as I can.

A husky that young should go out to do their business once every 1-2 hours. And usually at the most 45 minutes after they eat. Just like a human infant they aren't going to sleep through the night for a little while, so you should come up with a night schedule based on what time you feed him his last meal. In example, if you fed him last meal at 6:00Pm, then you will want to take him out at 6:45-7:00Pm, and then again at 9PM, then at 11, ect. This doesn't last forever, because you are on the boarder line of him sleeping through the night, but you need to give him a schedule that makes him comfortable in the crate.

If you open that door while he is crying in the crate, he will learn that crying means, "I get to come out!" Which by the sounds of it, he has learned. Work with him at least 20 minutes a day getting him to like the crate, feed him in it, play games with it; I taught fetch to Okami with the crate. There is a lot of different ways to get your husky to like the crate and I am sure there is a million suggestions all over this forum if you do some digging. Smile

Hopefully this helps you out! Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
SlinkySlinks
Newborn
Newborn
SlinkySlinks

Female Join date : 2013-08-25

PostSubject: Re: help with getting my husky to sleep!   help with getting my husky to sleep! EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:24 pm

ok thank you for that imformation. i will work with him. and i hope i am able to solve this problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with getting my husky to sleep!   help with getting my husky to sleep! Empty

Back to top Go down

help with getting my husky to sleep!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1