It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?   Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm

ive been googling like crazy because my sister may just be able to pull a rabbit out of her hat and come up with the money to ship him here but i havent had much luck in finding what im looking for, if anyone can help me out here its from el paso texas, usa to mexico city mexico, thank you to anyone at all, im stressing so much here Sad
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?   Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:04 pm

http://www.shipmypet.net/mexico/rates.htm

http://www.airanimal.com/pricing.php

Could be pricey. If she could drive the dog and you meet in the middle it would be best for him, and may even be cheaper. Flying dogs is not recommended and it's still really hot so it may not even be allowed right now.

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?   Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Shipping him will cost you quite a bit. If you're not too far into Mexico, I would suggest driving him out as well. I just barely saw your other post about him. I'm in Las Cruces (less than an hour away) but unfortunately I'm not in a position to take in another pup if things don't work out for you. How long do you have to ship him out? If things don't turn out good, you should make a list of basic information about him and maybe I can help you find him a better home around El Paso or here in Las Cruces. The closest Husky rescue here in New Mexico is up in Albuquerque which is about 4 hours away from where I live. Good luck with Axel and yourself, and I hope things turn out for the best.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?   Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 am

Entering Mexico With Pets

Do we need any special documentation to take our dog and cat to Mexico?

Yes. According to the Mexican Consulate, in order to cross over the border into Mexico with pet dogs or cats (and to make sure they return home safely with you!) you will need to carry two main documents throughout your journey:

An International Certificate of Good Health (Form 77-043) issued by a licensed veterinarian (signature must be approved by the State Veterinarian) who has examined your pet and...
Proof of vaccination against rabies and distemper, administered at least 15 days before your pet enters Mexico.
No Consular certification is required. Visit the Mexican Consulate's website for the latest information.

It is also recommended to bring proof of ownership just in case you need it.

Is there any information should be included on the International Certificate that my vet writes for our pet?

First, be sure that the actual dates of vaccination appear on the health certificate. According to the USDA, your certificate for each pet must...

be presented in duplicate (you should always keep an extra copy!)
clearly state your name and address
include a complete description of your pet (species/age/sex)
state that your pet has been examined and found to be free of all contagious diseases

Will my pets have to be quarantined when entering Mexico?

Your pets will NOT be placed in quarantine when entering Mexico, as long as you have the necessary paperwork with you.

My family is planning to stay in Mexico for a long time. What happens if my pet's vaccinations run out while we're there?

You must have proof that your pet has been vaccinated at some time between 12 months and 1 month prior to your re-entry. If your pet does not have proof of a valid rabies vaccination when re-entering the US, or if the vaccination took place within the thirty days prior to your re-entry, US Customs will quarantine your pet at the place of your choosing until a full 30 days have passed since the actual vaccination took place.

If your pet has not been vaccinated at all for rabies and distemper within the past calendar year, it can only be re-admitted to the US if it is quarantined immediately upon re-entry at the place of your choosing. You must get it vaccinated within four days of its arrival at your final destination, but no more than 10 days after its arrival at the port of entry (border). It will then need to stay in quarantine for a full 30 days.

Importation of dogs and cats into the US is regulated by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). According to the CDC, all domestic cats and dogs must show no evidence of disease that can be communicable to humans at the port of entry.

Even if all of your paperwork is in order, if your dog or cat does not look like it is in good health, further examination by a licensed vet (at your expense!) will be necessary before your dog or cat is allowed to re-enter the US!

Is it possible to get an International Certificate of Health and proof of vaccinations for my pets while I am in Mexico?

Yes, it is. For a small fee, you can get a Certificado Zoosanitario from a licensed Mexican veterinarian proving recent vaccination for rabies, triple canina and parvovirus. Remember that at least 30 days must pass after your pet is vaccinated before you may enter the US with it, or else you will have to place it in quarantine. The Mexican certificate of good health must indicate that your pet has been thoroughly checked out by a vet within the month (30 days) prior to your re-entry and clearly state that your pet is in good health. Any health certificate older issued more than 30 days before your re-entry will not be accepted.

My friend told me something about a pet health stamp. What's that?

According to Pet Travel.Com, some countries require that any certificate issued by a US vet have an official stamp. Although Mexico does not officially require this Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) stamp, here is how you can go about getting one, if you want your veterinary certificate to be as 'official' as possible:

Get APHIS Form 7001, and ask your veterinarian to fill it out, in order to show that your pet is healthy and parasite free. Once the vet has signed the form, take (or mail) the original copy to your nearest APHIS/USDA vet office (there is at least one of these offices in each US state.

The APHIS/USDA office will then endorse and stamp this form. There is a $23 fee per form which can add up if you have more than one pet - so make sure to ask your vet to please list all of your pets on the same form. If your vet lists each animal on separate forms, you will have to pay the full fee for EACH form!

If you mail your form(s) to the office, make sure to enclose the original form(s), a $23 payment per form, and a self-addressed, stamped return envelope. Processing this stamp through the mail will take at least a week, if not longer, so if you want the extra security of getting this stamp, you should try to plan in advance.

Shipping cost will be at least $300+ (and may be much higher since he is going internationally) not to mention purchasing an airline approved kennel, and having someone drop him off at the airport.

This may be a stupid question, but if you have internet access to post here, then why don't you have access to do this research yourself?

I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?   Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me find out an estimate on getting axel shipped to mexico?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-