It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dogs vs. humans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:02 pm

I've said something similar in a recent Facebook post and just wanted to vent it here in the hopes of garnering some discussion. In light of all that's been going on in our country and society lately, I've become pretty disheartened by all the bickering, hatred and nonsense. And that's just from humans toward each other, not to mention all the horrible stories that have recently come out about hatred and abuse of animals by humans. (One recent and especially heartbreaking one being the "Puppy Doe" incident, which happened quite near me in Quincy, Mass. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please Google it and sign the petition.)

Anyway, my point is that with all the bickering and flat-out hatred I've been hearing from folks lately on the radio, on TV and through social media, it just strengthens my preference of the company of dogs to (most) humans.

I may be asking rhetorical questions since this is a forum for dog lovers after all, but: Do you agree? Any stories of your own you'd like to share? Any rants, venting you'd like to do (without allowing this to turn into a political thread, which is certainly NOT my intent; in fact, it's what I'm trying to get away from in the first place)? If you're as rankled as I am by all the craziness in the media and society lately, some good, fun stories about why you prefer your dogs (or dogs in general) to humans would be welcome!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm

This is actually quite funny to me because I told my hubby this last year when I changed my major. I was going to school to be a nurse, had been in nursing school when I was in high school but I had a terrible teacher and wanted nothing to do with it when she got done with me so I joined the Navy. After I got out, I went back to school thinking "It wasn't as bad as all that was it?" until I had to start clinicals and I remembered how bad it really truly was. Working with people was just not for me (and I feel it every day that I sit at a counter and handle customers lol) and I had to find something else to do. The only part of school that I remembered liking and excelling at was labor and delivery. So what was similar to babies? And then it hit me...ANIMALS! I have been an animal lover all my life and it just dawned on me that I should be going into that. I'm currently doing my clinicals with my local vet and I couldn't be happier. This is the best place for me to be. And coming home to my baby every day just makes it that much better.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 am

That's awesome that you were able to find and pursue your passion. I've been in people-related jobs too and also realized working with people just isn't for me. I applaud anyone who does enjoy working with people, and not that I hate people, but I find I enjoy volunteering and working with dogs much more than working with people too. It feels more rewarding to me.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:51 am

I think if there one thing we can all agree on, it's the fact that there's entirely too much hate in this world. To answer your question I'd actually prefer people if possible , unless of course it was my own dog at which case I'd probably be around him more than most people. Although I can't really socialize well with a lot of people outside of some close friends. I don't know what to say half the time when meeting new people and get thrown into awkward situations often when I try. So yeah... Razz

Also humanity isn't completely corrupt yet (bar the social media, it may be a made up statistic but I feel like 99% of the time they're shoving opinions down your throat rather than giving you facts...) There are still volunteers, fund raisers, charities, etc. etc. That need to be run by people to work. I'm not saying that every charity in the world isn't run by greedy people looking for self gain, but it's nice to know that there are at least some people trying to make the world a better place; even if you disagree with them politically.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Definitely prefer my dogs to human company. Lately I just hate going to the dog park unless its with husky owners I know and I can't even do a simple walk around my neighborhood without people bugging me and asking questions about my dogs, which my dogs never bug me and ask me questions about my human-friends so I prefer it that way haha. The main thing I have notice is people shoving their ideals down my throat - I need to feed my dog Purina, I need to use the furminator, I need to shave my husky, I need to use frontline instead of oils for fleas, anything I do with my dogs is wrong by their views and the way I take care of my dogs is no longer my own business and theirs too. And the way everyone seems to be hateful if you have an opinion different from theirs - just sick of it all.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Aidan -- you are very wise! Thanks for pointing out that there is still some good in the world, regardless of political stance. Smile

Megan -- people actually tell you you should shave your huskies and give them Purina? Wow, how misinformed ... not to bash Purina but there are much better brands out there for huskies/working dogs, and if you'd rather go your own route and do the research and make your own food, that's probably a lot better than most commercially prepared food!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 am

Dogs. Being an only child who was raised with animals of all sorts and also being an introvert in almost the extreme, I can't stand people. Going to walmart can induce anxiety attacks. People now days are selfish and inconsiderate to those around them. They never take the blame for their wrong doing. If someone cuts you off on the highway they're the one flipping you off like it's your fault you were in the lane they wanted in. Like the rest of you I too get a lot of people telling me about my dog and it's usually wrong. Kenzi is mouthy when she doesn't get her way but she gets over it and returns to her usual happy self in about 2 seconds. When I make a person mad I have to worry they're going to key my car a month later like some coward. I can rant about people all day long and not get out half the issues I have with them. I'm lucky enough to work mostly with computers and a select few co-workers. Being a geospatial analyst, I only see the public when someone on the floor above me is too lazy to do their job and that's still too often.

Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Jenn, I totally agree. These days I would feel hesitant to ask a group of kids in a park to tone down their foul language and rowdiness if I had a young child who was playing there for fear of being beaten up (there was a similar story about that I heard about very recently). I'm also somewhat of an introvert, though I hate to admit it. Communicating through writing has always been so much easier for me than speaking on the phone or face to face, so I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home and communicate mainly with the companies I work for through e-mail and Skype chat. Dogs are marvelous listeners and I really believe they know when you're going through a hard time if your bond with them is really strong. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and emotions with my pup. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Dogs are marvelous listeners and I really believe they know when you're going through a hard time if your bond with them is really strong. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and emotions with my pup. Smile
You and me both. I passed out in the driveway a couple weeks ago. My neighbor who was working in his yard at the time didn't bother to come over and see why I was laying on my back halfway up my road, just continued to rake his lawn clippings. Kenzi on the other hand was right there licking and prancing around whining until I woke up even though I had dropped the leash and she was free to run as far away as she wanted. Heaven forbid a person check on another person for fear they might get roped into helping.

Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Wow! So sorry you went through that. Good thing Kenzi was there to help.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

capellalayla wrote:
Communicating through writing has always been so much easier for me than speaking on the phone or face to face, so I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home and communicate mainly with the companies I work for through e-mail and Skype chat. Dogs are marvelous listeners and I really believe they know when you're going through a hard time if your bond with them is really strong. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and emotions with my pup. Smile
I completely agree with you on that. I'm much better in writing. I'm terribly awkward in person. Dizzy is actually a nice buffer, because he's an easy go to topic for me when I can't think of anything to say: you will never believe what my puppy did today! Also, he is finally getting loveable and sweet, I felt like I was raising a hyena-shark for a while, but dang that dog LOVES me now, won't even let me go to the bathroom alone.

Dogs vs. humans Image12
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:57 pm

TwisterII wrote:

capellalayla wrote:
Dogs are marvelous listeners and I really believe they know when you're going through a hard time if your bond with them is really strong. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and emotions with my pup. Smile
You and me both. I passed out in the driveway a couple weeks ago. My neighbor who was working in his yard at the time didn't bother to come over and see why I was laying on my back halfway up my road, just continued to rake his lawn clippings. Kenzi on the other hand was right there licking and prancing around whining until I woke up even though I had dropped the leash and she was free to run as far away as she wanted. Heaven forbid a person check on another person for fear they might get roped into helping.
Wtf?! Are you kidding me? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:28 pm

wpskier222 wrote:

capellalayla wrote:
Communicating through writing has always been so much easier for me than speaking on the phone or face to face, so I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home and communicate mainly with the companies I work for through e-mail and Skype chat. Dogs are marvelous listeners and I really believe they know when you're going through a hard time if your bond with them is really strong. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and emotions with my pup. Smile
I completely agree with you on that. I'm much better in writing. I'm terribly awkward in person. Dizzy is actually a nice buffer, because he's an easy go to topic for me when I can't think of anything to say: you will never believe what my puppy did today! Also, he is finally getting loveable and sweet, I felt like I was raising a hyena-shark for a while, but dang that dog LOVES me now, won't even let me go to the bathroom alone.

Dogs vs. humans Image12
Haha! Great pic. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dogs vs. humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogs vs. humans   Dogs vs. humans Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs vs. humans

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1