It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anonymous Neighbor Complaints

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EdtehIII
Newborn
Newborn
EdtehIII

Male Join date : 2013-04-01

Anonymous Neighbor Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:58 pm

I have been cited for nuisance barking twice. I have never been approached by a neighbor in any context with a complaint about Solo.

He generally barked in the morning, I assume at the birds and squirrels, when I received the first complaint. To combat this I just moved him inside at night, where he is calm as can be. He is outside the about half of the time, but I very rarely hear him bark or howl during the day. Now I have a second complaint and I'm a little dumbfounded.

I'm frustrated by the feeling of dealing with a passive aggressive neighbor and with potentially facing a fine.

Any support or solutions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:07 pm

So are the complaints themselves anonymous, or do they come from a 3rd party that you can ask what the nature of the complaint is?

Another solution is go door to door in a small area of your neighborhood, you know at least people that have yards or are in sight seeing distance away from where your dog is normally outside, or earshot. Ask politely if they know anything about a complaint you received about your dog. If you end up finding the person whom made the complaint politely tell them that you would like to know specifically what is bothering them so you can handle the situation.

That's all I got Ace, good luck.
Back to top Go down
EdtehIII
Newborn
Newborn
EdtehIII

Male Join date : 2013-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:18 pm

The complaints are filed through the County of Sacramento and the definition is so broad it sounds like any dog that makes a sound is liable for a complaint. I'm waiting to hear back from them at the moment. It's just frustrating.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:13 am

I had this problem with Cato. Sadly, in my city they can remove your dog from your residence if you don't get it under control Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 am

It's a wee bit of bull though isn't it. We have this law too.. what I find hypocritical about it is we are supposed to provide animals in NZ with the opportunity to behave as normally as possible. Barking on the odd occasion is NORMAL for a dog...

I get when a dog barks all damn day and night that this is irresponsible, but I personally have very annoying Neighbor dogs, but hey... they lived next door when I bought the place. They make my dogs look like angels though. Very Happy I wouldn't want my neighbors to have to put barking collars on their poodles, so I grin and bare it.

Sounds to me like you have a pissy arse neighbor who potentially hates animals and has nothing better to do then moan about nothing.
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 am

I had this issue with Orion as well - I know the neighbor who complained (I grew up with her daughters) and before I got Orion I went and talked to all my neighbors to warn them I was getting a pup and the breed was known for howling etc so the first few weeks might be loud. Orion was home 3 days and I got a letter from the local council about a complaint  Shocked 
I did what lucy suggested and went and spoke to my neighbor who complained, it turned out it was a combination of the fact she did not get up until about 10 am (we leave for work at 8 so Orion was crying then and waking her) and that she did not think that a Husky was suitable for us.
Luckily for me the local council dismissed the complaint and I was able to talk the nasty neighbor into cutting me some slack. I still don't have a great relationship with my neighbor but it is a lot better than it would have been if I hadn't talked to her and my puppy had been removed from me!
Back to top Go down
Grizzly&Charcoal
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:08 pm

GeorginaMay wrote:
I had this issue with Orion as well - I know the neighbor who complained (I grew up with her daughters) and before I got Orion I went and talked to all my neighbors to warn them I was getting a pup and the breed was known for howling etc so the first few weeks might be loud. Orion was home 3 days and I got a letter from the local council about a complaint  Shocked 
I did what lucy suggested and went and spoke to my neighbor who complained, it turned out it was a combination of the fact she did not get up until about 10 am (we leave for work at 8 so Orion was crying then and waking her) and that she did not think that a Husky was suitable for us.
Luckily for me the local council dismissed the complaint and I was able to talk the nasty neighbor into cutting me some slack. I still don't have a great relationship with my neighbor but it is a lot better than it would have been if I hadn't talked to her and my puppy had been removed from me!
From curious, what's your local noise control hours? For Britain is 11pm-9am
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Sorry for the late reply, here it is 10pm - 7am weekdays and 11pm-9am on weekends and a noise complaint is classified as 15 minutes continuous noise at a level that can be heard from the boundary of the property involved.

How are things getting on with Solo? Have you had any resolution at all?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anonymous Neighbor Complaints   Anonymous Neighbor Complaints Empty

Back to top Go down

Anonymous Neighbor Complaints

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-