It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Loki was a bad boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Just venting.

I was thinking Loki was being so good. He has been excellent in the house, listening to his commands pretty well, dropping anything he grabs he should not, and his jumping when people come in was getting a lot better . . .

Since I got Loki, he is allowed to go outside and play. Usually last about 10-15 minutes and he wants back in unless my other dog will play with him. A month or so (more probably) ago we got new siding. Since that time, he bite a hole in the j channel along our backdoor which I noticed right away since it happened with a few days of install. Today I noticed he stole the insulation strip off our central AC. So I inspected some more and found he has bit the corner off the j channel around our back window.

The siding guy came out to inspect another issue and will see if he can get both the siding issues fixed for free otherwise I have no clue what they are going to charge me. I hope the AC isn't a big issue since it just looks like the insulating stuff you put around pipes. If I have to replace it, that won't be good.

I guess there is no more time alone outside. I don't know how long my family leaves him out for, but I suspect it was more then a few minutes for him to do this kind of damage. I kind of feel at fault since I know he has been getting bored with all the subzero temperature days that he doesn't get his walks or full walks. Just feeling upset. Then I get to have someone tell me how no dog she has every raised destroyed anything like I'm a bad pet owner or something. Same person is telling me that crates are unneeded to raise a dog and they don't believe in them. I'm thinking, ok, have you ever owned a young lab, shepherd, or husky? This of course is the same person who just reminds me of how having a huge yard (mine is small) eliminates needing to walk, run, and bike ride with your dog. Blah.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:54 pm

techigirl78 wrote:
Then I get to have someone tell me how no dog she has every raised destroyed anything like I'm a bad pet owner or something.  Same person is telling me that crates are unneeded to raise a dog and they don't believe in them.  I'm thinking, ok, have you ever owned a young lab, shepherd, or husky?  This of course is the same person who just reminds me of how having a huge yard (mine is small) eliminates needing to walk, run, and bike ride with your dog.  Blah.    

^^I think I know where you could tell this person to stick it. I don't know if you've seen the pictures of my yard that's in Kenzi's scrapbook but it's huge and she certainly still needs her daily walks. This person clearly doesn't know the breed.

I'm not sure what goes through our dogs heads sometimes. I have similar times with Kenzi. She will be stellar for weeks or months and not bother anything and then suddenly one day I will come home and that cup that's been sitting on the counter for two weeks will be destroyed. I know it shouldn't have sat out but still, why was it okay for two weeks but today it's lunch? We've been so lucky she only goes after paper and small plastic items so no siding but I coated the whole porch with tobasco sauce when we first got her to deter from eating the railing. Hopefully there will be some kind of accident support on your siding.

Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:11 pm

I understand the whole not being able to walk your pup every single day like HELLO people dont realize its almost below zero out our sibes can handle it but we cant! i find it so rude!!! crating a dog is not a bad thing most of the time dogs love to be crated because it is den like! they have this spray at petsmart that keeps them from chewing its a nasty bitter taste you spray it on whatever they chew on constantly and they will stop because of the taste its apple bitter spray if you go to petsmart they will know what your talking about it stoped Nala alot when she was a puppy!
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Jenn - I know how that goes, my other dogs weren't good unattended until about 3. It was the same - weeks or months go by then something bad. So, I guess the same is for Loki. He is only 10 months now, so we have a long way to go.

Rachel - I have bitter apple and bitter pear from my lab - he loved the stuff so I never used it much. I'll try putting that on the house. Hopefully it deters Loki. My fiance' did admit leaving him outside for awhile when I sleep and stuff, so I think when he is left out too long, he finds his own toys. I'm also trying to figure out what treadmill to get him for next winter on the days we can't walk or run him for 1-2 hours. So hopefully by next winter he will still get his daily exercise even when -25 and lower outside.

Good news is the AC can be repaired without much trouble. So, that makes me feel better. The siding guy also said they may be able to just fix it for us too. I'll call them in a few days to find out. It supposedly has 100% lifetime guarantee, but I don't honestly expect them to fix my dog eating my house. Will have to give them a great review if they do though.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Siding guy came today to fix another issue. He looked at what Loki had done kind of laughed shaking his head, then fixed it all up for me at no charge. He was probably thinking my oh my this lady can't handle her dog, but who cares. It is fixed!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:12 pm

techigirl78 wrote:
Siding guy came today to fix another issue.  He looked at what Loki had done kind of laughed shaking his head, then fixed it all up for me at no charge.  He was probably thinking my oh my this lady can't handle her dog, but who cares.  It is fixed!

At least it was free lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loki was a bad boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loki was a bad boy   Loki was a bad boy Empty

Back to top Go down

Loki was a bad boy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1