It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tonypr24
Newborn
Newborn

help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue Empty
PostSubject: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:24 am

Hi
I need help with my 2 husky puppies. I got my 8 week old first and then a week later we got our 2nd puppy (7 week old) we thought that it would be nice to have 2 male huskies grow up together but from the moment they saw each other my first dog ( Luis) has been very aggressive to our 2nd dog (koda) to the point that luis bit him so hard that made koda bleed. I cant leave them alone for a minute or luis will attack koda. It has only been a few days but it has been very hard ans overwhelming.

Please help what do I do?
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

PostSubject: Re: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Did you bring the new dog straight into your home or did they meet outside in a neutral area? The first dog could be territorial and unsure yet of who to look to for protection/leadership in its new home. A puppies instinct for pack structure is very important (especially in this breed) and once you learn to establish yourself as the pack leader your problems should go away. Luckily for you they are small and correcting that behavior should be easy now and done promptly. Obedience is key to establishing yourself as the new leader these pups look up to for their needs. I would make sure they are both being crate trained, and since there is already issues, feeding them in the crates separately is a good idea. Also toys or any valuable resource should be approached with care/supervision since most fights come from resources. In the canine world possession is 9/10th of ownership so to them a resource is a big deal. Tons of people on here have multiple dogs in the same household and will have better input but for now I think starting obedience and setting boundaries for the pups will be a good start.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:39 pm

first off good luck with 2 puppies, im not sure if that was the best idea on your part and the fact that a "breeder" did not see an issue with that is just as scary. BUT its done so now it needs to be dealt with.
How much do you know about the husky breed? can you show us a video of what is going on, it could just be them playing, the fact that they both have sharp puppy teeth and their coat is not grown in yet could be the reason for the bite being bad. also when they are that young they are still learning there boundaries and bite inhibition that they learn when they are in the litter with their mom. when you take a pup home sooner then 8 weeks they miss this chance to learn all this.
we need some more info from you please

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:44 am

Thank you both for replying. I had a husky for 14 years from the same breeder, my wife has had huskies all her life so we are pretty familiar with the breed but we have never had 2 puppies at the same time. We did bring the 2nd puppy straight home so maybe that was a mistake but we just thought that sine the first one was only there for a week that it was ok. It has been a couple of days since I posted thia thread and it has gotten a little better between them. I have tried to establish myself as bethe leader of the pack but they are still fighting from time to time. I will try to post a video so you can see and let me know if its playing or fighting.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue EmptyFri May 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Glad to know you have had huskies, please make sure you work on their training separate and watch the bond they may form, even though they are not litter mates they can still form that bond and you will have issues in the future.

PostSubject: Re: help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue   help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue Empty

Back to top Go down

help pls I got an 8 week old and a 7 week old fighting issue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1