|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Help please, new husky owner!
Join date : 2015-05-25
|Subject: Help please, new husky owner! Mon May 25, 2015 10:14 am|| |
Hello, I recently rescued a male husky who seems to be around a year old. I've done quite a bit of research and realize huskies are a big commitment and responsibility, and things have been going a lot better so far than I initially expected, but there are two things I need to address as soon as possible, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!
1) He's very playful and energetic which is not a problem, BUT he keeps jumping on my 10 year old who is about 3/4 his size. Are there any tips for keeping him down?
2) He tries to hump anything and everything and will go for hours lol, and it's making it difficult to bring him into our pack. My other 2 dogs seem to be okay with him until he tries to mount them.
I understand this is normal behavior for bringing a new dog into our home, But any tips for making this easier would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
Help please, new husky owner!
|» Hi! New owner to a husky puppy.|
by HuskyMomma89 Today at 3:40 am
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Yesterday at 11:39 am
» Hiking with Dogs: Cape Horn, WA
by TwisterII Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 am
» How often do you let out your Huskies to pee?
by aljones Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:10 pm
» Try to Do a Guy a Favor...
by aljones Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 pm
» Hoo Flung Doo
by TwisterII Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:23 am
» New Husky mix
by Kavik_the_Havoc Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm
» Introducing a new puppy
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
» Hi names bill
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:39 pm
» Does your husky howl?
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 pm
» My Husky will not eat!
by TwisterII Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:23 pm
» Dog food and the FDA
by Lostmaniac Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 pm
» Reverse Sneezing
by jalepeno Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:15 pm
» Help, husky has weird itch at the end of a walk?!
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 pm
» Soft Stool/Diarrhea
by Liv_Skye Sat May 29, 2021 7:02 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Sat May 29, 2021 2:25 pm
» Any Pedigree nerds out there?
by bella99 Fri May 28, 2021 11:28 am
» Togo's Life Yason Spark
by Lostmaniac Mon May 24, 2021 1:09 pm
» Hair Loss - a lot
by sibmom Fri May 21, 2021 6:26 pm