It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Found Reiko's Old Owners!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

Female Join date : 2011-01-17

Found Reiko's Old Owners! Empty
PostSubject: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Or well they found me. I had an ad up on Kijiji searching for a dog obedience trainer familiar with huskies, and I had a picture of Reiko up. Anyway, the old owners recognized him and sent me a message. Apparently his name was Bolt, and he was doggy napped Sad But fortunately they were thinking of re homing him because they have two small children and full time jobs, and just couldn't give him the exercise he needs. I would feel really bad if they would want him back, not that they would be getting him Razz

I found out he just turned 2 at the end of Jan. Just missed his birthday! I also found out that he attended 4 out of the 8 obedience classes that I have already signed him up for lol! I'll be getting some pictures of him as a puppy ( hopefully soon, I'm so impatient) and I'll be sure to post them!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Oh wow!! How strangely awesome! I'm sorry that he was doggy-napped, but isn't that funny how life works itself out? You sound destined to be his owner Smile

I can't wait to see pictures! I wish we had more of ours Sad We have none of him or Hailey!

Found Reiko's Old Owners! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I always wonder if that ever happens... I mean, Nikolai's picture is on the rescue's site as a successful adoption, I worry that some day, someone will come forward and say, "We were on vacation and like a flash, he got away - we had to go home, but now we want him back!" That'd break my heart. :-( I mean, he wasn't abused or anything - he's well trained, he's a sweet and wonderful dog. I know I'd move heaven and earth to get him back if he ever got away or was dog-napped.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

CoffeeK8 wrote:
...he wasn't abused or anything - he's well trained, he's a sweet and wonderful dog. I know I'd move heaven and earth to get him back if he ever got away or was dog-napped.

Ditto here!
I think Ginger's story was that she was tied to the rescue's gate with somekind of note. I have to assume they simply just could not afford to keep her with the economy taking a downturn. She was instant dog; absolutely NO issues!

I'd be devastated if she dog-napped! And I'd do everything to get her back!

Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:54 pm

I know, I can't imagine how hard it would be to have your dog stolen, and then find out he was adopted out. I'm so relieved that they do not want him back. He was found running around in Pictou, which is over 2 hours away from where he was living. His old owners actually live about 20 minutes away from me. They said that they contacted the shelter, but that he must have arrived after they contacted them.

Unfortunately I have to wait a bit for the pics, because her computer that she had the pictures on is dead, so she's trying to get the files. He's unregistered, but she has some info on the breeder that she got him from, so she'll be sending those to me as well!

They are going to come over sometime, so her kids can say good bye. Eep.. too sad.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Wow, now there's something that doesn't happen everyday! That's really cool that they're happy to let you have him and will share some history on him as well as photos. I wish I had some background info and pics on my boy. He was picked up off the streets as a stray and already knew how to "sit" and "down" and was already potty trained before coming to the shelter. Obviously he had a home before ending up on the streets. My guess is he was a typical husky escape artist. After adopting our boy, I searched for months in the lost dog ads all over the place trying to find his previous owners so that if someone was looking for him they could be reunited. As much as I secretly hoped to not find them I looked anyway because I know if it were my dog lost out there that I'd want someone else to do the same. As hard as it would have been, if I had found his owners I would have returned him to them. I got lucky (if you can call that luck?) and never found anyone looking for him and he's been a part of our family ever since.

Can't wait to see Reiko's puppy pics when you get them. Were they able to give you his breeder's info and possibly his pedigree as well?

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm

wow that's really cool that you found them Smile and it's awesome that they're okay with you keeping him, i'm sure it's a lot off of them, i'm sure they were wondering what happened to him.
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm

I will be getting the breeder's info, though he is not registered. I'm so excited to get his puppy pics, and they said they have some videos too. It's more exciting than Christmas to me! lol

They were very relieved to know that he did end up safe. They had no idea if he had been hit by a car or anything. He's chipped now so hopefully I won't have to go through that!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:17 pm

That's so great! I only know Mishkas and Seamus' old owners (by total random dumb luck!)

Can't wait to see puppy pics!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

Female Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Wow, great story! I'm glad they didn't try to ask for Reiko back and at least they get to have an official goodbye while knowing he is in good hands. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found Reiko's Old Owners!   Found Reiko's Old Owners! Empty

Back to top Go down

Found Reiko's Old Owners!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1