It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
itstashie
Puppy
Puppy
itstashie

Female Join date : 2011-01-09

International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China Empty
PostSubject: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Please sign this petition, it’s to help save the lives of millions of dogs and cats killed in the most awful ways China every year. IF YOU CHOOSE, you may watch the video on the site to see some of the disgustingly sadistic ways in which they torture and kill these poor animals. They cook and skin them ALIVE, and then leave them to die. DO NOT WATCH THE FILM if you can’t handle blood or violence, because this video shows you just how cruel people can be. If you do one thing today, please sign this petition, you could be saving lives.

http://www.ptroa.co.il/phpPETITION/

I felt that if I shared this on the forum it would make small difference. The petition takes a few moments to load. But what are those few minutes to save a poor animal's life.

Thank you all.

Last edited by Koda on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited by Tori due to the number of complaints regarding the contents of the video. The video is on the petition site anyway, so people may watch it at their own risk.)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I cannot stop crying. That is the most awful thing I have ever seen in my entire life, hands down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Yeah, I don't think I can watch that video after reading the description of it, but I signed the petition.

International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I can't get the images out of my head, I feel physically ill...I think I need to run to the trash can!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Ditto Sara - I can't watch stuff like that. It will give me nightmares for weeks. I did sign the petition.
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

Male Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

...I clicked the link. I request that you remove the link to the video and only urge members to sign the petition. Even for a good cause, that is not the material that should be distributed across the internet. I will sign the petition and ask that everyone else does as well. But please take down the link to the video.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Same here...I signed the petition, but can NOT watch the video. I know that I won't stop crying. I can't even watch the commercials for the animals in shelters =(
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:40 pm

The videos of animals in shelters don't even come close to the images depicted in that film. Regardless of how strong you think your stomach is or if you "think you can handle it", I URGE EVERYONE NOT TO WATCH THE VIDEO. They provide a warning of disturbing material at the beginning - they mean it.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

rudukai13 wrote:
The videos of animals in shelters don't even come close to the images depicted in that film. Regardless of how strong you think your stomach is or if you "think you can handle it", I URGE EVERYONE NOT TO WATCH THE VIDEO. They provide a warning of disturbing material at the beginning - they mean it.

Ditto. That is too much. I seriously am so distraught from that video I have a stress headache and nausea now. No

Resident Teenager
rudukai13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm

If I could scrub the images from my mind I'd do it in an instant. I'd honestly rather walk in on my grandparents than have to keep that series of images in my mind for another second.
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:47 pm

itstashie, please understand, I know you shared this link with the best of intentions, but certain things are just unnacceptable even for a good cause. This is one of those situations.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Edited the original post due to the number of complaints. The video is listed on the site for those that choose to watch it.

International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

As an antidote for those of us who did watch the video, I suggest watching all of these at the same time. And perhaps on repeat:

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:40 pm

That helps some. Laughing

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
itstashie
Puppy
Puppy
itstashie

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:21 am

It did clearly state not to watch the video if you have a weak stomach and such.
"Don’t watch this film if you can’t handle blood or violence, because this video shows you just how cruel people can be." "WARNING! This video contains extremely disturbing images."
This video is real. This is really happening. You can't fight it.
Sorry for causing any upset stomachs but that video, It's the raw, hard, cold truth. You may not like it. You may complain. This has to be seen. You can't just cover your eyes and think that can't possibly be happening. But looks who's the ones that are being tortured and killed. Those poor animals. This is a serious topic that needs to be put to a stop.

I was just trying to do the right thing and help get the world out. Help the ones that can't speak for themselves, the animals.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am

itstashie wrote:
I was just trying to do the right thing and help get the world out. Help the ones that can't speak for themselves, the animals.
Everyone understood that and very much appreciates your activism. If you notice, even those who spoke out against the video still signed the petition. You did place a clear warning label, I think that other people just wanted to see one more barrier of censorship on the video.

For some people, the words are enough without seeing the images. That doesn't mean that they care less or aren't just as outraged Smile

You did do a good thing by passing this on. No one was bashing you for that, or bashing you at all for that matter Smile It's called gallows humor, and sometimes people need a laugh even when something so serious is clearly at stake (hence the cute and cuddly videos).

ETA: I'm not sure who gave you negative treats for that, but I gave you one back to counter it. Seriously people...

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 am

That is a really sick twisted video, i've seen it before (or from the sounds of peoples reactions.. i'm sure it's the same.)

Very very sad that this still continues. It shows how much life isn't valued in some places in the world. I think what makes it so disturbing and absolutely devastating is they can't do anything to stop it or to save themselves. We are the only ones who can.

Have signed the petition.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
itstashie
Puppy
Puppy
itstashie

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:42 am

Thank you all for who have signed the petition. You have just saved a animals life. That deserves a pat on the back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

In reality, let's hope that's what happens. The petition still needs to be printed and sent to the Chinese government before it can really do any good, but the more word that gets out, the more people that sign, and you're right, that could end up saving thousands of lives. So here's hoping and to continued optimism that the human race will do the right thing here.

Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 am

itstashie wrote:
Thank you all for who have signed the petition. You have just saved a animals life.

I'm sorry, and please don't take this personally, but no, we haven't. We've put a couple more electronic signatures on a list of individuals who think this kind of thing is wrong but won't become motivated to do anything more than click a button on their computer screen. Sure, we've expressed our opinion, promoted "awareness", as seems so popular with those in the spotlight and hollywood-types these days, but in the grand scheme of things we likely haven't done anything to "help the cause".
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 am

I can watch horror films all night long, but I can't watch animals being tortured. Thanks for the heads up and I just signed the petition.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 am

Maybe we need to petition the state of Maine to end the harvesting of lobsters since were of a more civilized nation. After all nothing could be finer then fresh lobster boiled alive then dunked in butter.

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jahoda Husky
Newborn
Newborn
Jahoda Husky

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:23 am

rudukai13 wrote:
Even for a good cause, that is not the material that should be distributed across the internet.
I disagree. People are affected and moved to change by powerful images. I'm not sure how old some of the images from the video are, but I remember seeing one of the captures from the video when I was young, maybe 15-16 (so 7-8 yrs ago) and it changed me knowing there's such cruelty in the world. you can bet at least that I do not buy anything with fur.

on a lighter note, here's a cute 100% faux fur hat
https://shop.spirithoods.com/products/Details.aspx?p=766
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Plus first of all the Chinese government isn't going to give a rats ass about some "silly" internet petition.
My thoughts too. However, that doesn't mean I won't sign. Stranger things in this world have happened.

The images are shocking, horrible, and cruel. But you can find just as many horrible things on the internet by typing in choice words to google. I understand that it may not be pleasant to everyone. Well... then don't click on it. No one forced you to look and there were plenty of warnings regarding the contents of the video. But what's wrong with letting people sign a petition? Maybe it will go somewhere? Maybe it won't. Education is the first step to change. Some people call it naivete, some people call it idealism. Either way, squashing that means that the world stays as it is, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China   International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China Empty

Back to top Go down

International Animal Rights Petition: Stop Cruelty to Animals in China

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next