It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Female husky about to drive me crazy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jdfasolino
Newborn
Newborn
jdfasolino

Female Join date : 2016-05-05

Female husky about to drive me crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... EmptyThu May 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello, my name is Jose Daniel and I have a 9 month old female husky. Basically, I'm on the edge of becoming crazy.

We have been having problems with her peeing and pooping inside the house for more than three months now. At first we used newspaper for her to pee and she was doing great. We started removing the paper when she was 6 months old and what a disaster it has been. Also if she is with someone in the house she can hold it for more than 12 hours and she can also hold it for the 10 hours during the night.

She pees and poops in the house even if you leave her alone for 20 minutes. Even if she doesn't have any water or has been exercising for over an hour, running and playing with other dogs. At first I thought it was an infection and she got antibiotics from the vet, 150$ thrown away, if she had an infection this wasn't the reason for her peeing because she is still doing it. Then we thought it was some other disease so, another 150$ for a full blood test. Nothing came out.
We got professional training and after a month of following his step by step guide, NO RESULTS, another 150$ thrown away. not even once she didn't pee. Also if she poops inside, she eats it (disgusting).

At first we didn't said anything and just cleaned it with patience. Then we started getting mad at her and told her not to. Now we are back to not saying anything. Basically we have being trying different things and usually after a month of trying and no results we change the ways. Still no results. We have also tried with sprays and products that ''prevent'' her from peeing and we always give her a treat when she goes outside.

Can someone please tell me what to do?????????????? She is usually left alone 6 hours a day, which is not much for her age. I need help desperately, after three months of cleaning pee and poo 3 or 4 times a day I'm about to give up. Please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Crate her in a crate that allows her to stand up, lay down comfortably but not big enough to potty in a corner. Tether her to you. When you are home, potty trips every 2 hours, same place (maybe even "seed" the area with poop from the house). Every time you take her out, use a key word..."potty" or. "Pee" or whatever wiped makes sense in Spanish. Be consistent. Praise lavishly when she performs. If you catch her going in the house...AS she is going, scold her, pick her up and run her outside(that could be messy on the short run) to the potty place. According her after she goes, unless it is immediately, is probably useless.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
jdfasolino
Newborn
Newborn
jdfasolino

Female Join date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... EmptyThu May 05, 2016 3:28 pm

thanks amymeme; the thing is she never does it when we are home. To give you an idea on weekends I take her out at 8 am and then at 8 pm and that's it; if I stay home she is very nice and quiet, the problem is as soon as we leave the house.

I have been thinking of separation anxiety but the thing that doesn't fit in the equation is that while in the park she is always off leash and I can walk away and leave and she wouldn't even notice. I tried it today and she didn't look for us.

I will try with the crate, do you think it's too much time to leave her inside the crate for 6 hours everyday from monday to friday??
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... EmptyThu May 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Many of us crate our dogs while we are gone at work all day. They just sleep most of the day anyway. As long as she has good amounts of exercise and is worn out before she goes in the crate, she will be fine. You can throw a bone in for her to work on if she gets a little bored, but they are fine with it once they are crate trained. By crating her you will be narrowing her places to eliminate which will save you cleaning time, and very few dogs really want to lay in their own excrement so they will hold it. The poop eating thing is a little odd.

Puppy
Puppy
Sarah20

Female Join date : 2015-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... EmptyFri May 06, 2016 1:53 pm

The peeing and pooping could be an anxiety thing, especially when you guys leave. Do you have any other pets or had pets in the house before? If so, she could be marking her territory, mine did that... I would take her out every hour and when she does go outside, praise her like crazy... tethering her is a good way too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female husky about to drive me crazy...   Female husky about to drive me crazy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Female husky about to drive me crazy...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1