It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New puppy need help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willow123
Newborn
Newborn

New puppy need help? Empty
PostSubject: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 am

I got my first husky yesterday and when we brought her home she was super calm. I wasn't expecting this from a puppy because ever other puppy I've had has been energetic and playful. Is this how all huskies are at first or is this not normal? Also when try to get her outside to use the bathroom she just lays down and won't walk around and do the usual "sniff around". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 11:19 am

Every pup/dog is different -- Not all of them are "party animals" right out of the starting gate.  Your pup may just be a timid one -- she might be confused and scared from being in a new environment. Give her some time to get to know her new surroundings and routine, and give her encouragement and reassurance.  Gently show her there's nothing to be afraid of and coax her into doing the things she should be doing (like going to the bathroom outside).  This will help prevent her from growing up into a fearful dog.  Be patient and positive and chances are she'll adapt and become more outgoing soon.  Smile  You'll probably be taking her to the vet soon since she's a new pup, so you can also have the vet check her over for anything that could cause her to be "down."
Back to top Go down
Rocky_Rhodes
Puppy
Puppy
Rocky_Rhodes

Male Join date : 2017-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Congratulations on your new puppy; when we brought Sasha home at first we feared she may be broken. She too was very docile in her new surroundings, and quite submissive when approaching our other (3) dogs. ((didn't last long))

She is quite the Tasmanian Devil now, and learned quickly how to push the other dogs buttons, test the limits, explore new boundaries, and dig, chew, and zoom like we had prepared for. Baring something health wise; a visit to the vet to check her health, you will soon be asking yourself, what the heck did I get myself into...

Husky's are amazing, challenging, frustrating, wonderful, adventurous, devious, and above all, very lovable pets.
Back to top Go down
willow123
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 4:31 pm

I went home on my lunch break to take her out and half the bowl of food was gone, she was eating treats and was wagging her tail as if she was happy to see me. Maybe she was just little scared and nervous of a new place Smile
Back to top Go down
Tisme
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 7:30 pm

I got my pup three weeks ago he has what I call his looney hour. He tears round the house to burn energy off. I can't wait til he's allowed out for a walk as exercise will help. I kick a football round the garden with him to tire him.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Rocky_Rhodes wrote:

She is quite the Tasmanian Devil now,

Here's the original Tasmanian Devil...we call her Taz:

New puppy need help? Receiv10

Don't let that cute fool you...this is her usual:

New puppy need help? Kimg0112
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Tisme wrote:
I got my pup three weeks ago he has what I call his looney hour. He tears round the house to burn energy off. I can't wait til he's allowed out for a walk as exercise will help. I kick a football round the garden with him to tire him.

"The Looney Hour" commonly known as the Zoomies lol! lol! lol!

We are ALL familiar...search "zoomies"...
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:40 pm

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t14125-okami-zoomies?highlight=zoomies

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t1392-nikolai-and-his-winter-zoomies?highlight=zoomies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bult90XnQ54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDGUUt8_xeA

This last one is more like my boy, Ami...he goes from our bed to the floor, into our bathroom, out the other door of the bathroom, into the hall, back into our bedroom, up on the bed...a few bounces and arroo arrooo arrooo with play bow...repeat sequence! Probably 2-3 times a week just before we go to bed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New puppy need help?   New puppy need help? Empty

Back to top Go down

New puppy need help?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1