It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kbar_809
Newborn
Newborn

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 2:47 am

Hey guys i just recently got a new husky we named him ghost cause he’s a direwolf:)

Anyways i wanted to check what you guys thought does he seem purebred?

Hello everyone  Bc986f10
Hello everyone  D8ac2d10
Hello everyone  De06bf10
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 10:02 am

Hi Kbar, welcome to our madness! Everyone generally takes off over the weekend and this was a three day weekend here in the States so it looks like everyone was out and about - hope to see some good pictures from their trips!!

Sometimes with a young puppy it's hard to tell whether it's a purebred or a mix but with your cute puppy I think it's safe to say that he looks pretty much all Sibe. You have to stick around, I definitely want to see how his colours change as he grows - and they will almost always change significantly.

One comment and one question: Huskies (er, well, dogs in general) have a bad habit of chewing on things when they're teething - those electric cords you have in the background can be in danger and a danger to the pup if he decides to chew on them. Is that real hardwood floor, it looks really nice!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Kbar_809
Newborn
Newborn

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 10:44 am

Hey aljones nice to meet you!

I’ll def stick around and another question i have is his fur looks different then most hudky puppies i see. The ones i see arent as furry and fluffy as him they look like this

Or are they just trimmed and i need to get mines trimmed aswell?
And he doesnt pay attention to those cables he has a bunch of chewing toys and he is always supervised
And no there laminate lol but thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kbar_809
Newborn
Newborn

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 10:45 am

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19919432/5]Hello everyone  339c3c10

The ones i see look like this
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Never shave or cut a husky's hair. They are double coat dogs and that hair helps insulate them as much from the warmth as it does from the cold. Some huskies now days have some different coat types. There's more plush coats that make them look like big floofs and then there are wooly coats that are longer and make them look more like they are mixed with a collie. He looks pure right now but age will tell how in standard he will be.

Welcome to the forum!

Adult
Adult

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 10:59 am

Welcome Kbar. Cute pup!

I had the same question regarding coats. Our two are fluffy also. One more so than the other. I learned the info Twister gave during my search.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Welcome! Cute pup, yep a sibe!
My two dogs looked totally different fluff wise as puppies. And as you can see in the avatar and pic below they have two totally different coats. Vlad (the red) has more fluff and more undercoat "puffiness" and he looked so fluffy and soft as a babe. Bourbon was still soft and fluffy as a baby not not as much and he has a almost slicked back look now adays.Hello everyone  20180511
Hello everyone  20180510

Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyTue May 29, 2018 9:13 pm

My two are pretty plush, however, the pic you posted of the husky pup as an example of a shorter coat, looks much like my boy, Kohdi, at that age. Kohdi turned out pretty fluffy. Here is a pic at 4 months and then another of him now so you can see the difference. A wooly type coat will show from the time it's a puppy and won't change like the plush coats do.

Hello everyone  Image205

Hello everyone  Image204
Back to top Go down
Kbar_809
Newborn
Newborn

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyWed May 30, 2018 1:58 am

Thanks guys for all the help now i know theres different coats!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:13 pm

hi welcome to the forums. he is beautiful and fluffy cute puppy.

Hello everyone  Leo_1810
Leo also had a short and dark coat when he was little.

Hello everyone  Leo_y548
now its nice an plush and lighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone    Hello everyone  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-