It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Greetings from Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself and my girls. I'm Melissa, and I am the proud mom of two huskies, Luka and Kitty.

First got interested in the breed about six years ago, when I adopted my first husky, named Yakkul, from the humane society. Sadly, she had a massive stroke just a few months after I adopted her, and passed away. But the small amount of time I spent with her was so great, that I knew huskies were the breed for me.

I have had Luka for almost four years now (tomorrow is her 4th birthday!) and she is such a awsome girl. Got my second, Kitty, about two years ago, and she is great as well. But then again, what husky isn't?!?

We really enjoy dogsledding and dryland sports like scootering.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Welcome Melissa! You girls are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:51 am

Welcome Melissa! Your girls are beautiful! Very Happy

We're in Wisconsin too!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Thank you both! Everyone here seems to love their pups so much. I love you I had been exploring the forum for a while, couldn't resist the urge to join!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Welcome Melissa! Love your girls!

Glad that you've been enjoying yourself! Happy to have you active and not just exploring Smile

Greetings from Wisconsin Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:13 pm

They are adorable!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Yakkul =(

Welcome and can't wait to see more pics!

Another Melissa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Welcome Melissa! Question though, which one is Luka and which is Kitty? I love the black/white one, gorgeous! I love you

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Melissal wrote:
Another Melissa Very Happy

A great name if I do say so myself!

Luka is the red and white. Kitty is the mostly black. I love all the colors patterns huskies can have. Our first girl was almost a solid tan. I'll try to find a picture of her on my computer and post it later.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Luka is the red and white. Kitty is the mostly black. I love all the colors patterns huskies can have. Our first girl was almost a solid tan. I'll try to find a picture of her on my computer and post it later.

Please do! I'd love to see pics of all your huskies, present and past.

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 am

Found one!

Greetings from Wisconsin Yak_114

She was such a sweet girl. I still wonder what it would be like if I had all three of them together. I think Yakkul would kick my girls butts!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Aww, how pretty! She looks very petite from the picture.

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 am

Huskyluv wrote:
Aww, how pretty! She looks very petite from the picture.

She was small, around 40lbs. Not that the two I have now are any bigger! Luka is around 45lbs and Kitty is around 38 to 40lbs.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:05 am

Love them! And, as you probably know, those weights for females are totally standard even though some people will try and tell you otherwise (NOT referring to Val, for the record because I know Val is aware of this more than most Smile )

Greetings from Wisconsin Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Koda wrote:
Love them! And, as you probably know, those weights for females are totally standard even though some people will try and tell you otherwise (NOT referring to Val, for the record because I know Val is aware of this more than most Smile )

Most of the people that come up to us on the street to meet the girls think the are too small, or are puppies. I feel like a broken record, telling everyone that they are within the breed standard for weight and height, and that most of the huskies you see are too big and not within the standard. Its kind of sad that so many people think that huskies sould all be big 65 to 75lb dogs. Majority of the other huskies that live around us are very tall and weigh over 65lbs. Poor breeding practices make me sad... Sad

Everyone here seems to know that huskies are not suppose to be super big dogs, which is great! Yeah for well educated owners! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Most of the people that come up to us on the street to meet the girls think the are too small, or are puppies. I feel like a broken record, telling everyone that they are within the breed standard for weight and height, and that most of the huskies you see are too big and not within the standard. Its kind of sad that so many people think that huskies sould all be big 65 to 75lb dogs. Majority of the other huskies that live around us are very tall and weigh over 65lbs. Poor breeding practices make me sad... Sad

You nailed it! That's exactly how it is for us too. No

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 pm

I really don't know why so many people think huskies are a large breed dog?? I've had two huskies and when talking to someone who has not seen my dog, they will say, "My, that's a huge dog to have in the house all the time." or something similar. I think most people think of huskies as 100 lb. dogs. My female husky was 35-38 lbs her entire adult life (17 years!). I think I am getting a dog at the top of the male weight standard with my new pup. His dad was 64 lbs (I think the breeder was happy to say he was not quite 65 lbs - I think I would have just rounded to 65 lbs - lol). Sabaka is only 5 months old and already getting rather large. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Sabaka is super cute, even if he is going to be a big boy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Wisconsin   Greetings from Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1