It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Re-homing From Reputable Breeders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
william072
Newborn
Newborn

Re-homing From Reputable Breeders Empty
PostSubject: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 am

Have discovered that first time husky lover always find it difficult go get pedigree husky pappies around the United State. So we have done a wide range of research on United State Husky breeders and came up with this website to make it easy for husky lovers around the United State to re-home purebred husky puppies from reputable breeder.

siberianhuskypups.com
silvermoonhuskies.com
greenfarmsiberianhusky.com
aruffsiberians.com
huskypalace.com

New litters may not be available at some periods of the year but you are sure to get what you want from this few breeders
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 12:16 pm

I think most people here primarily have rescues. Locally we have a few breeders where i live and some super cute blue eyed pups are up on the bulletin board at the general store right now. I do know plenty pure well bred dogs end up at the animal shelter and sometimes breed rescues. I know of several in Colorado.

Just offhand i looked at huskypalace and i personally would look for a breeder that does one breed. They also do dobermans so i read that as they are in for the money not the betterment of any particular breed. I would almost suspect that they are a broker not a breeder. Papers do not guarantee that its not a puppy mill dog bought for resale by a puppy broker. I did not look at any of the other links, i have too many dogs as it is.

My personal thoughts aside, akc papers CAN be forged. Someone local to a property i own just had over 100 dogs removed from his property. In cali he was found guilty of forgery of akc papers and selling dying puppies. In Oregon he was charged with animal abuse and neglect and sent to prison for 7 years and then he comes to Colorado and does the same thing again. So really until the akc does genetic testing or dna mapping with the registration all papers are suspect.

So if anyone wants a heeler/cattle dog mix over 100 will be adoptable soon
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 2:13 pm

I wouldn't exactly put silver moon as a super reputable breeder either. They make no mention of showing or working, and some of their dogs have obvious faults, so they aren't breeding for betterment of the breed either from what's on their site. Green Farms doesn't have enough information on their site to tell if they are reputable, but the number of puppies they have available currently with zero mention of policy or pedigree makes me skeptical. They come across as a broker, not breeder. Aruff siberians health tests which is nice, but again, not breeding for betterment of the breed, perse. States that she breeds for the best look, health, and temperament, but some dogs are out of standard so she's breeding for best look to her eye, not to the breed standard necessarily. Some of her dogs have worked so I would be particular about what pair I would accept a puppy out of from here. Husky Palace, oy...what Emily said.

We do have people here who have purchased puppies from reputable breeders on the forum. Many of their contacts are made by going to events and talking to people who are active with their dogs. Good breeders have proven lines. they work their dogs and prove that the parents (not just the parent of the parent 5 generations back) are quality dogs. Go to a show, go to a trial or race, talk to the competitors there with their dogs, then show some patience. Eventually you will find someone with a liter from a dog you have seen in action and can trust to be quality stock.

Papers are almost too easy to come by in the US actually. I have rescue dogs with no papers and could apply and be awarded AKC papers that will allow them entry into about any AKC event minus the actual show arena. With that thinking all I would need to do is get an unfixed female, apply for papers from AKC and then breed her with a papered male and I could have papered puppies. Quite simple. Doesn't make them quality pups. Papers don't make a quality breeder either. It's what backs the papers and the motivations behind the breeders that make reputable breeders.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm

@william72 Let's see, you come in and make one post which is tantamount to an advertisement for several kennels.
SiberianHuskyPups Looks to be a site for a kennel that does take a reasonable amount of pride in their dogs.  They state that all of their breeding stock is OFA/CERF tested but I only found one dog and then had to go offsite, where those specs were noted.  While there are no puppies/dogs available, which is good from my viewpoint, their website's "Standard Pricing Guide" shows two different prices for puppies $1200 on one page and $2000 on another.  A good point is that they have a 5 year health guarantee but nowhere on the site can I find what it covers and what action they take / allow if a dogs health fails.

SilverMoonHuskies They maintain that their breeding stock is CH but, as @TwisterII mentions, they show nothing about where that 'Championship' comes from - how do they work their dogs?  They have two litters born within two weeks of each other which stinks of puppy mill and with a price of $3000 per pup you'd think they's at least mention OFA/CERF or health guarantee.

GreenFarmSiberians Well, you started out with a reasonably reputable breeder - from what I can see - followed by one that is less that interesting, followed by one *I* wouldn't touch.  They have 12 puppies availble at the moment which suggest at least two litters at the same time - again, sounds like puppy mill.  They don't mention OFA/CERF or health guarantee even passing.  They don't even mention who the sire and dam of the pups are nor their status, are they CH quality or something someone picked up at the dog pound.  While the prices from the previous two seem a bit high, GreenFarms is way too low for a dog that's had any health tests, for example.

aruffSiberianHusky Ah, finally one with who I find few qualms.  They have a BBB rating of A+, they show the OFA/CERF status of their breeding stock, but then fail to show the ancestry of any particular dog.  Again they don't show how they work their dogs - ring or trail? At one time the did business as 'bestakcpups' and still show on the web under that name.  They also breed Shiba Inu's and another breed that I can't remember at the moment but that places them squarely in the puppy mill category *in my opinion*  One thing I'll note, at one time the had a lifetime health guarantee as long as you kept them on NuVet vitamins - as soon as you took them off the NuVet vitamins the health guarantee was null and void.  Of course you had to buy through them so they were able to determine that you were keeping your end of the bargain.

Okay, I'm done trashing the trashy kennels.  

Take a look at TrePakSiberians who, of course, don't have any puppies available at the moment. (( Why not?  Most kennels breed to fulfill their own needs of breeding better stock to show or race, if their pack is 'full' there's no need to breed.  They may sell 'overstock' but they don't breed to sell. ))
They show their dogs and have several BIS, BISS, CH, etc in their pack.  Her web sie shows that she's proud of her dogs and the work they've done together.

As @lostmaniac notes the AKC papers, regrettably, are about worth the paper they're printed on.  From a good breeder they're worth their weight in gold, from one who's not as picky - well they make good paper to pick up dog stuff with.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Well this was a fun exercise to keep us limbered up on what to look for when you are looking for puppies. Or what not to look for. lol.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Reputable midwest breeder recommendations    Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 11:40 am

Looking for reputable breeder recommendations?
I am not a fan of those who will “ship” to your home so we would drive to pick them up.

Anyone familiar with Karnovanda kennels from Michigan? They have been breeding huskies since 1959. Or Troika Siberians in Gainesville TX?

Our 14 yr old sweet Maverick is in his last days. No other dog will ever replace him but thinking getting a new puppy by summer will help with his loss.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Someone around here breeds huskies but it seems like they have pups more in the fall. We also have someone that breeds what i will call "husky mutts" but they usually have a wait list AND tbey want references. They are a mix of sibe and greyhound and something else. Its a dog sledding kennel so probably not what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
mav1016
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:18 pm

mav1016 wrote:
Looking for reputable breeder recommendations?
I am not a fan of those who will “ship” to your home so we would drive to pick them up.

Anyone familiar with Karnovanda kennels from Michigan? They have been breeding huskies since 1959. Or Troika Siberians in Gainesville TX?

Our 14 yr old sweet Maverick is in his last days. No other dog will ever replace him but thinking getting a new puppy by summer will help with his loss.

Thank you!

I do believe one or more past members here have had dogs from karnovonda. Let me see if I can jog my memory.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Look at this page, scroll down to mbarnard. She recommends karnovonda

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t14999-breeders-1-million-questions
Back to top Go down
mav1016
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Great into! Thanks so much!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-homing From Reputable Breeders   Re-homing From Reputable Breeders Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-homing From Reputable Breeders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1