It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

are puppies purebred?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

are puppies purebred? Empty
PostSubject: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello! I have a quick question. In February I mated a female with a copper musician and got mostly black and 2 gray puppies (actually it seems to me that one is an agouti). I asked many breeders all say they are huskies but there are people who woke me up suspicion that they are not. Please write your opinion about the puppies. Here are pictures of the parents and them:
are puppies purebred? Img_2015
are puppies purebred? Img_2016are puppies purebred? 16259910

(( edited to remove duplicate pictures //al ))
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:12 pm

Why would you think they are mixed? And - Agouti means that the individual hairs have 3 bands of color. Not that the pup is "dirty faced."

Cute pups.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Also - before your breeding - did you have the parents health tested for diseases common to Siberians? Specifically - eyes and hips?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:23 pm

I see nothing to make me think they are anything but (some very cute) Huskies.

You appear to be Serbian??? An explanation of what some of the abbreviations on the parents pictures would be helpful / interesting.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:24 pm

amymeme wrote:
Also - before your breeding - did you have the parents health tested for diseases common to Siberians? Specifically - eyes and hips?
We tested everything.
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm

aljones wrote:

You appear to be Serbian??? An explanation of what some of the abbreviations on the parents pictures would be helpful / interesting.
There are the names and grades of the parents. The mother has a grade of five and CAC (National Show) and the father is a PRM dog (I don't know if it is marked as such in other countries). The father comes from the best dogs in Serbia, and the mother's father from the former strongest Balkan kennel.Here is pics of grand parents and great grend parents:
are puppies purebred? Th_5bf10this is father Mother
are puppies purebred? Th_5bf10
are puppies purebred? Med_5810
Father of Don
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:40 pm

Sara668 wrote:
aljones wrote:

There are the names and grades of the parents. The mother has a grade of five and CAC (National Show) and the father is a PRM dog (I don't know if it is marked as such in other countries). The father comes from the best dogs in Serbia, and the mother's father from the former strongest Balkan kennel.Here is pics of grand parents and great grend parents:
are puppies purebred? Th_5bf10this is father Mother
are puppies purebred? Th_5bf10
are puppies purebred? Med_5810
Father of Don
And Kinga's Parents
Mother:are puppies purebred? Med_5e12
are puppies purebred? Med_5e12
Father
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 2:52 pm

amymeme wrote:
Why would you think they are mixed? And - Agouti means that the individual hairs have 3 bands of color. Not that the pup is "dirty faced."

Cute pups.
A lot of bad things happened to my dogs and co-owners during the , in a short period, first a monster from a man killed my female who was supposed to come live with me when we bought the house then a pregnant Caucasian female was poisoned, and in the end, the mother of these puppies had complications during natural birth, so the veterinarian had to intervene. And a week after mating, she ran away, but I think that is the end of ovulation.
Back to top Go down
Maja
Newborn
Newborn
Maja

Female Join date : 2018-05-19

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 10:33 am

< bosnian text > Ako sam dobro shvatila, zenka je pobjegla nakon parenja i sada niste sigurni je li doslo do parenja s nekim muzjakom za vrijeme dok je bila odsutna. Nazalost, ovo je velika greska i zaista je neodgovorno prodavati stence kao cistokrvne ako niste sigurni u cistocu linije. Ne preostaje vam nista drugo osim da napravite DNA test za stence. Ovako stene moze izgledati kao cistokrvno a to ustvari mozda i nije, cistokrvnost se nikako ne moze procijeniti na temelju izgleda. Znate kako izgleda pedigre, u svakom rodovniku mojih pasa navedena je linija predaka, rezultati njihovih predaka itd. Sve dalje od pradjedova i prabaka nalazi se u kinoloskoj bazi tako da se sve pretke može pratiti barem unazad 30 god. Ako i prodate stene kao cistokrvno samo na temelju izgleda, kada buduci vlasnik dodje na CAC, CACIB itd. suci ce to primijetiti, provjeravati ce i najmanju sitnicu (ako ste sudjelovali na izlozbama to znate i sami). Nemojte molim Vas ovo shvatiti kao napad, i sama imam zenku koja je "cistokrvna" ali ne mogu do njezinog rodovnika stoga je iskljucena iz uzgoja i sterilizirana. Pokusajte svakako napraviti DNA testove.

If I understood correctly, the female escaped after breeding and now you're not sure if she mated with some other male while she was gone. Unfortunately, this is a big mistake and it is really irresponsible to sell puppies as purebreds if you are not sure about the purity of the line. You have no choice but to do a DNA test for puppies. They may look purebred but in fact they may not be purebred at all. You can not guarantee that on the basis of their looks. You know what a pedigree looks like. Each pedigree of my dogs shows the line of their ancestors, the health results of those ancestors, etc. If you sell the puppies as purebreds only on the basis of their appearance, when the future owner comes to CAC, CACIB, etc. the judges will notice it, they check even the smallest detail (if you participated in shows you know that). Please don’t take this the wrong way, I for example now have a female who is “purebred” but I can’t get to her pedigree so she is excluded from breeding and she is fixed. Be sure to try to do DNA tests.

Last edited by aljones on Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To identify the "strange text" above the comment)
Back to top Go down
Copperhusky
Newborn
Newborn
Copperhusky

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 6:45 pm

They look purebred to me. Some people wont say a breed is pure just because it doesn't match the common looks. Like an example is if a German shepherd is Sable...many people are like "uh they're only black and tan"
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm

Ive always wanted a panda german shepherd. But i hear shadow cant be a purebred gsd all the time because he is brindle. Phenotyping only goes so far. 3 sets of papers and dna verification prove that.

Im in lpve with the dark grey pup
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 4:09 am

@Maja
Parili smo je zadnji dan(tj 14) do tada je bilo sve osigurano da ni jedan pas ne moze da je upari(kod nje su obično dani od 9 do 14 ) ,pobegla je 18 i 19 dan sto je 3 ili 4 dana pred kraj teranja.Pradeda joj je pas sa Full maskom zatim njegovi preci su takodje sa full maskom i agutiji.Boje su me iznenadile jer je mužijak narandžast a ona crna ženka sa Domino maskom dok je njena tetka Aguti a ćerka od te ženke mostly black.We mated her on the last day (ie 14) until then everything was ensured that no dog could mate her (she usually has days 9 to 14), she ran away on the 18th and 19th day which is 3 or 4 days before the end Her great-grandfather is a dog with a Full mask, then his ancestors are also with a full mask and aguti. The colors surprised me because the male is orange and she is a black female with a Domino mask while her aunt Aguti and the daughter of that female are mostly black

Last edited by Sara668 on Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 4:19 am

http://ingrus.net/husky/en/details/60194 evo Onilne pedigree.Uskoro cu da ih prijavim na nasu bazu rodoslova koja je mnogo tacnija od ingrusa.
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 5:25 am

Lostmaniac wrote:
Ive always wanted a panda german shepherd.  But i hear shadow cant be a purebred gsd all the time because he is brindle. Phenotyping only goes so far.  3 sets of papers and dna verification prove that.

Im in lpve with the dark grey 
I am in love with him too.

Last edited by Sara668 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 5:33 am

Here are some of their ancestors (dogs that are ideal working dogs)
Dancer Arjako
are puppies purebred? Med_5e13
His Great Grear grand father

are puppies purebred? Med_4e10
This is dogs in the end of pedigree

are puppies purebred? Med_5310
Back to top Go down
Sara668
Newborn
Newborn
Sara668

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 5:34 am

are puppies purebred? Med_4d10
are puppies purebred? Med_6010

Last edited by aljones on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to remove duplicate pictures)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are puppies purebred?   are puppies purebred? Empty

Back to top Go down

are puppies purebred?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1