It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky WANTS to run away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wolverine79936
Newborn
Newborn
wolverine79936

Male Join date : 2020-01-02

Husky WANTS to run away Empty
PostSubject: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi again. My husky, Baby is doing something new and weird to me. I take her out for her morning walk and now she goes to the gate of the yard and stands there and makes this cry like she is being hurt. She stares out the gate and there is nothing going on out there. I have to drag her away from the gate. It's as if she actually wants to go past the gate. What do I do now? I feel like she just wants to go out and run away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.stfinian.com
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 2:52 pm

G'morning padre. I'm not going to be a lot of help but you might consider that there's been a nighttime visitor who's marked something beyond the gate or possibly the gate itself.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 5:20 pm

My guy used to do this on walks when he saw another dog... Wanted to play.

Is she in heat by any chance?
Back to top Go down
wolverine79936
Newborn
Newborn
wolverine79936

Male Join date : 2020-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 pm

No heat. The shelter had her fixed when we first got her almost two years ago now. She was a wanderer and I don't know how to cope with that in a dog if it comes back. I had a husky about 13 years ago and went through this as well and Juno actually got away. So, this is a tough one for me with Baby.
Back to top Go down
https://www.stfinian.com
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Huskies are known escape artists with quite the wandererlust. I use invisible fence with my guys but they are not allowed out when we are not home (retired so really not an issue.) Remember, this is a dog bred to pull sales for long distances - they love to run.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 4:15 pm

Maybe her usual walk isn’t long enough for her any more, how old is she?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 5:00 pm

My first instinct would be to put her on a leash and go for a walk when she does this and see what she does. If she goes for something seemly specific or just starts on your normal route. If you have had the same routine for 2 years without any real change until now then something outside the gate has likely changed. There might be a new dog that gets walked in the afternoons, or someone new to the neighborhood who walks home from school/work that she is noticing. Huskies like routine. This goes for themselves and things around them. That said, they also want to go pretty much all the time and if the needs aren't being met then they will pester and tantrum in an effort to get you to comply.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Padre one comment that I didn't make earlier and I think needs to be made.

Baby isn't trying to run away from you. From your comments she undoubtedly still loves you as she always has. Something is attracting her attention and she wants to go see what it is. Sometimes it's too easy to take a dogs seeming rejection personally when it really has nothing to do with loving you.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 3:57 pm

Adding to what Al said: huskies just want to GO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky WANTS to run away   Husky WANTS to run away Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky WANTS to run away

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1