It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet Max, from North MS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
worser
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-06-14

Meet Max, from North MS Empty
PostSubject: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Greetings everyone. My name is Steven, 22 yrs old, and I'm a proud owner of a 3yr old Husky, Max.

I adopted him 3 weeks ago today from some unfavorable living conditions. Heard about him through a friend who heard from a friend and couldn't pass him up. He is supposed to be 3 yrs old, supposed to be registered, and his name was supposed to be Max. I say supposed to be because it took him a good 2 weeks to answer or perk up towards Max, and when I went to pick him up, the lady couldn't find the papers of course. They kept him outside in the heat 24/7, alone, and didn't spend much if any time with him, very under weight, and covered in ticks and fleas. MAKES ME MAD that anyone would treat an animal like that. I could keep going on and on.. lol

He checked out A-ok at the vets and has made tons of improvements since I've had him. He goes everywhere with me, even work and loves riding and the pool. He's been an awesome addition to my pet family (golden retriever and Rot / Shephard mix) and I look forward to reading everything there is to read on the forum.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention the 2 cats I have also. Max loves playing with them... in fact, he plays with them more than the dogs! lol

Here he is pictured at work begging from the bossman (who happens to be my grandfather) and his dog Mitzi.
Meet Max, from North MS 259362_10150633750340506_804995505_18688068_7983195_o

Last edited by worser on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/p2porkchop
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Welcome Steven! Max is just gorgeous! Thank you for rescuing him Smile

We hope you enjoy the forum!

Meet Max, from North MS Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Aw, look at that handsome boy!
I'm glad you found him and gave him a great FUR-ever home!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

What a handsome fella - he could be Nikolai's doppelganger!! Thanks for rescuing. :-)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Welcome Steven and kudos to you for taking Max into your home! Whereabouts do you live? Just curious due to your "heat" comments.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Welcome! he looks like he is being well taken care of now! thank you for opening your home and heart to him! did you know anything about huskies before you got him?

Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 pm

I live about 30 miles south of Memphis, TN. Humidity is a killer here.

Max is my first husky, so all I knew was just what I have read, and watched on Dogs 1 o 1 lol.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/p2porkchop
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks, gosh I feel stupid after noticing the thread title. Meet Max, from North MS 85993

LOL

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Oh my goodness, why does anyone get a dog if they mistreat them in that way? He looks gorgeous now. You are fantastic Smile
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks for rescuing, he's a handsome guy!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Max, from North MS   Meet Max, from North MS Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Max, from North MS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1