It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A Storm is coming to Folly Beach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

A Storm is coming to Folly Beach Empty
PostSubject: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Stormy and her aunt Minnie (a golden) are planning a short vacation the weekend after Labor Day. Does anyone know if there is a dog park around?
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Heather, how far away are you from Augusta, GA or Aiken, SC?
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Half way in between LOL I didn't think there was anyone on here in this area. I'm in a weird place because of having a Graniteville address, a Bath number and I'm in Langley fire district. I'm right up from Langley Pond if you're familiar.

What part of Augusta?
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm

I just moved from Atlanta to Augusta a few months ago, so I'm not sure where anything is to be honest! I live right across from the Augusta Exchange, so right off of I-20.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Funny, we went to the canal this morning, then to Einstein's and up to Petsmart, so we were in your area. I'm planning on going to First Friday and hanging out at a new coffee shop on the corner of 9th and Broad called "Come and Sit a Spell." I'm training him to behave at music events since I'm a musician.
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm like 3 minutes from that PetSmart (I'm there constantly, lol). We should definitely meet up sometime. Drogo's brother lives in Aiken, so we meet up on occasion and have brother play dates. You should join in!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm

I don't know about Folly Beach but there is a dog park in Mt Pleasant inside the Palmetto Island County Park but I think you have to pay to get in and they don't have 6 ft fences, I believe the fence around the dog park there is only 4 ft (I think).

I know there are other parks in and around Charleston but I couldn't tell you where since I refuse to take my dogs to a dog park here.

Gah, of course you decide to come to the Charleston area when I won't be here. Boo!

Are either of you considering coming to the Pet Expo at the Exchange Fairgrounds in Ladson, SC on Saturday, Sept 17th?

Lowcountry Paws and Claws Pet Expo

I want to go, but hubby won't be in town that weekend. Not sure if I want to go by myself. Neutral

Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 pm

I would like to go, it looks like a lot of fun! Have you been before Val?

It's a 2.5 hour drive for me. My boyfriend might be interested in going. Or maybe I could convince Heather to be my driving buddy? Wink
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I haven't been to this one before but I went to the one in Mt Pleasant in April of this year.

I think it might be fun to maybe have a mini meet-up there if you guys are interested. I'm always game for meeting other huskies and husky owners!

Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Sad I have to work that day. That really sucks because I don't want to wait for the Spring for the one in Charleston.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 am

Haha..funny. I was just on vacation at folly beach earlier last week Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 pm

henielsen wrote:
Sad I have to work that day. That really sucks because I don't want to wait for the Spring for the one in Charleston.

Crying or Very sad I didn't enjoy the spring one as much as I would have liked, being held outside in the sun made it HOT and uncomfortable.

Goodness, your work schedule goes out a month and a half in advance?! Shocked

Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Yep. I work ever 4th day. Basically I work 8 days a month.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:11 pm

I know it's a fat chance that anyone here is going but just a reminder in case anyone happens to be in the Charleston area this weekend. The Lowcountry Paws & Claws Pet Expo is tomorrow! I'll be there with Dakota, hoping to bump into some other husky owners. Smile

PostSubject: Re: A Storm is coming to Folly Beach   A Storm is coming to Folly Beach Empty

Back to top Go down

A Storm is coming to Folly Beach

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1