It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

First Play Date!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eurith
Puppy
Puppy
Eurith

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

First Play Date! Empty
PostSubject: First Play Date!   First Play Date! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am

I was taking Koda for his potty break since I don't have class for another 2-3 hours (normally I'm gone this time of day), and not long after he drained the pipes about 3 dogs come outside. One looked to be a nearly black german shepherd, the other a maltese or some other small white toy dog, and I had taken a liking to this one scruffy little gal myself a few days prior to meeting her. I couldn't tell what she was mixed with, but she looked like one of those grey scruffy terriers you'd see in an old 90's movie lol. SOON as Koda was visible, the hair on her haunches & shoulders stood up and she gave herself away-she was a husky mix Rolling Eyes She was as timid as Koda used to be, but they soon walked muzzle to muzzle and gave each other a good sniffing out. I stepped on his leash to allow her to greet him since she was the most shy of the two & from his body language (not a hair risen) he could care less lol. She sniffed his nether regions and not long after, typical husky play ensued. She didn't really know what to make of him at first, but after she saw the bolting, dodging, jumping & weaving she knew just what to do.

Her handler (wasn't her owner apparently) hadn't seen that husky side of her other than the rough play huskies throw on smaller dogs & she was making the choking noises from the collar she had on so she stopped the play. I was quite happy to see he handled himself well. Not a bark, shy reaction or anything. He sniffed the handler and let her pet him (he usually back away from a cupped hand, but walks up to a hand with palms up lol-treat junky) so I think his shy days may soon be over.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

First Play Date! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Play Date!   First Play Date! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:35 pm

great to hear a sidewalk meeting went well! maybe you can find out who the owner is to set up a yard play date?

Puppy
Puppy
Eurith

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

First Play Date! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Play Date!   First Play Date! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm

I had gotten the roomie's name & they live in the building directly behind mine! Very Happy I suggested a play date around 8-9pm or so that may help tire him out some more lol. I'd love for him to greet the more friendly dogs around this area since we'll eventually end up doing so anyway at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Play Date! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Play Date!   First Play Date! Empty

Back to top Go down

First Play Date!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1