It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

You know you're a husky owner when.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

You know you're a husky owner when..... Empty
PostSubject: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Let's make a list of all the things that make it obvious that we love our huskies just a little too much. I think it will be fun.

so, you know you're a husky owner when:

1. All your clothing is constantly covered in fur...no matter what you do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 pm

I ran across this a few months ago. I'm not sure if somebody posted it on here or if I found it and posted it, but I posted it on FB and was able to find it. It's awesome:

You probably own a husky if....

If you have ever uttered to yourself, “please dear Lord, let that
pass through ‘em without the need for surgical attention.” …You
probably own a Husky.

If valuable objects in your home are ranked according to jumping height from the ground …You probably own a Husky.

If you’ve thought, at least once in the past month, that you should be nominated for Sainthood…You probably own a Husky.

If your dog thinks or thought at any time in life, that its full name may be part of a curse word…You probably own a Husky.

If
you have more fur in your home than your dog has on it, giving the
appearance to outsiders that you reside inside of a cotton ball…You
probably own a Husky.

If you have a ‘correct dog placement process’ before answering your front door…You probably own a Husky.

If
one or more pieces of fur make it daily into a dish or beverage that
you continue to consider perfectly consumable. However, you would freak
out if you found a human hair…You probably own a Husky.

If you have ever lost out on a meal because you weren’t paying attention, or blinked…You probably own a Husky.

If you have ever thought to yourself ‘why would anyone do this twice’ and then do it again…willingly…You probably own a Husky.

If you purchase black clothing, full well knowing you will wear it gray…You probably own a Husky.

If you have now purchased stock in a sticky roller company…You probably own a Husky.

If
you have ever had to chase your dog through your neighborhood,
barefoot, because putting on shoes would’ve taken far too long…You
probably own a Husky.

If you have ever laughed manically
at an obedience trainer’s ad that boasts they “can change any behavior
within the first visit”…You probably own a Husky.

If your
dog’s toy bin resembles a scene from the beaches of Normandy rather than
anything from a PetSmart shelf…You probably own a Husky.

If you can carry on a conversation with your dog better than you could with most people you’ve met…You probably own a Husky.

If your dog and your family are of equal worth and importance to you…You probably own a Husky.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:25 pm

thanks for the reminder there melissa, i think you covered all the good ones!

i will say: i knew i was a dog owner when i started keeping dog treats in the car!

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:39 pm

"you have ever had to chase your dog through your neighborhood,
barefoot, because putting on shoes would’ve taken far too long…You
probably own a Husky."

Spying On me Again ? LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm

If U Have ever Ran The Neighborhood Holding a Leash Collar And Screaming & Crying ur Head Off .. ur Probably a Husky owner ..
When Muddy Suddenly Seems "ok" To Play in Ur Probably a Husky Owner !
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:59 pm

that was me chasing Neo through the neighborhood. No way did I.have time to put shoes on! He ran by the neighbor a few times and he finally grabbed him. One of the neighborhood police officers drove by and got on his speaker and said "you know that's a $25 fine"!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 pm

MelissaI wrote:
If one or more pieces of fur make it daily into a dish or beverage that

OMG! This is so true and I almost threw up in my mouth thinking about a human hair in my dinner! So gross!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:12 pm

26nikita wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
If one or more pieces of fur make it daily into a dish or beverage that

OMG! This is so true and I almost threw up in my mouth thinking about a human hair in my dinner! So gross!

HAHAHHAAAAAAA!!! That freaked me out also, but if it's a husky hair...i'm like "oh, just pull it out" LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Hahaha...
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Melissa covered all the good ones. I can really relate to the one about running barefoot through your neighborhood after your escaped husky with a molten rock of fear burning through your chest.

All I can add is you know you're a husky owner when you carry a back up Nylabone in your glove compartment in case you lose the one in your back seat.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Or you know you're a husky owner when your dogs diet concerns you more than your own does.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:01 pm

You know your a husky owner when:
You're out for longer than an hour and you're already running through a checklist of items in your house that he/she/they have gotten into/destroyed.

You know you're a husky owner when..... Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:05 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Or you know you're a husky owner when your dogs diet concerns you more than your own does.

OMG THAT'S SO TRUE!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Hahaha for real. I worry about my girl so much
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 pm

You know you're a husky owner (or you own too many animals) when your clothes come out of the dryer with more hair on them than when they went in. scratch

You know you're a husky owner when while walking your calm, well trained lab you accidentally drop the leash and then lunge for it screaming "No! Come back!". Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:31 pm

You know you're a Husky owner when your response to "It's me or the dog" is......."THE DOG"!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:57 pm

beck3465 wrote:
You know you're a Husky owner when your response to "It's me or the dog" is......."THE DOG"!!!

Yep, it will ALWAYS be "The Dog" in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:02 pm

MelissaI wrote:
beck3465 wrote:

Yep, it will ALWAYS be "The Dog" in my eyes!

and don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 pm

No kidding...the dogs always happy to see me...I can't say the same about most humans.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 am

You have tried, or thought about trying, to vaccum your dog while making a pass across the living room. (guilty)

You have to warn people about the hair that will follow them home before you let them in your house

You come home from work and there is white hair all over your chicken wings, and your other half has to explain that he dropped them on the floor, but its ok to eat, its just dog hair.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:58 am

I use to vacuum Shania all the time. She would actual come over and lay down in front of it when I started to use it.
Back to top Go down
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 pm

when your dog has more friends at college than you haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm

You know you're a husky owner when when you call your husband twice (accidently a 2nd time) and he calls you once and you don't answer because your in the shower, and he calls 25 other times, it's because he thinks you called that the dogs are loose and aren't answering since you're chasing them..
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
You know you're a husky owner when when you call your husband twice (accidently a 2nd time) and he calls you once and you don't answer because your in the shower, and he calls 25 other times, it's because he thinks you called that the dogs are loose and aren't answering since you're chasing them..

LOL LOL!!!! That's so me when Ivan is home with them alone. If he calls me automatically i think "omg, he lost a dog...or both!".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 pm

That happened yesterday and Jarod texts me "Are you #$*#*ing serious you know I freak out when you call and I call back and don't answer" LMAO. If I lost the dogs Jarod you'd have a vmail of me screaming my butt off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a husky owner when.....   You know you're a husky owner when..... Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're a husky owner when.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next