It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Favorite Carpet Cleaner?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

Favorite Carpet Cleaner? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Sky spent her first night indoors last night due to being in heat. We haven't had any serious carpet emergencies, but I can just see one coming... As experienced pet owners, I'm sure you all have tried a bunch of different carpet cleaners! Which are your favorites? Which should I avoid?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Nature's Miracle all the way! lol it's an enzymatic cleaner that completely gets rid of the odor. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 pm

I use Nature's Miracle and Woolite! Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

I also use Nature's Miracle from recommendations on this forum.
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Woolite?? Isn't that a fabric softener?

Awesome! I'll see if I can find some Nature's Miracle! Sorry if this was already covered on the forum. I did a search for "carpet" and didn't turn anything up.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:01 pm

They make a pet enzyme killing floor cleaner also, found it in the floor cleaning section at walmart Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I'd recommend Get Serious! and Spot Shot. Lots of people don't get the results they want from Nature's Miracle despite how popular it is. I've also had great results with Woolite Pet Stain carpet cleaner as well, yes it's the same maker as the laundry detergent. I've tried Oreck pet carpet cleaner as well and was less than impressed. Whatever you get, be sure it has enzymes to prevent resoiling.

My top picks in order of preference:
Get Serious
Spot Shot
Woolite

Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 pm

haha, oh! Ok, that makes more sense. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gary29
Newborn
Newborn
Gary29

Male Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I don't know if you can get it over in the USA, but Vanish Powerpowder is outstanding at cleaning carpets as well as getting rid of offensive odours. http://www.vanish.co.uk/vanish-power-powder-large-area-carpet-cleaner.php
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 pm

A big +1 for Get Serious! from me.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm pickign up some get serious today - I have been less than impressed with Nature's Miracle lately. It used to work really well for us, even got rid of cat pee, but lately it's just not efficient.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Scratch that. I'm irritated - all of our petsmarts don't carry it! Where do you guys get it?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:32 pm

My petsmart carries it, but the only carry the "cat" version... Works just the same for us. You can also order it online.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Alright. Smile
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Since I'm super lazy and anti social. (mostly lazy) I avoid the store like the plague, especially since they are over priced 99% of the time. I buy 99% of my stuff online, I have packages come almost everyday. My parents are always like "what are you buying this is rediculous" I'm like sorry I hate going to the store.

I love spot shot also, can't go wrong w the 3 pack at Costco. I go through one can extremely fast though.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Ps- does anyone have an actual carpet cleaning machine they swear by? I might be getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-SteamVac-Carpet-Cleaner-F5914-900/dp/B00009R66F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337404019&sr=8-1

Found for 120$ online and it's got great reviews, I have like cream almost white carpet so it needs to be cleaned all the time. I just had it professionally done couple months ago but it's ready again.
Back to top Go down
mccartd1
Newborn
Newborn
mccartd1

Male Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:10 am

This weekend I found that Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator did the trick. Addie decided to eat a whole bag of dog treats while she wasn't being properly supervised by her former dog sitter.

She was sick from both ends all day long until she finally flushed them out of her system. (K9 T-Bones just in case your wondering what not to buy)

After a long day of scrubbing the stains are now gone!

Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 am

We use a bissel pro heat 2x. Works great! No hand scrubbing invoked!
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:30 am

I also have almost white carpet. Professional cleaning is so expensive and the fresh look does not last long!

I have the Hoover SteamVac Dual V
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/home_floorcare/top_brands/hoover/hoover1/PRD~351035/Hoover+MaxExtract+Dual+V+Carpet+Cleaner.jsp

I bought it at Kohls when it was on sale, had a 30% off coupon and they were offering $10 cash back for every $50 you spend. I didn't pay much more for it than the one that you are looking at. I used to have that one but did not like the way it hooked up the attachments.

What I really like about mine, that yours doesnt do is that in yours you mix the soap directly in the container. Shampoo the carpet and then have to go back and re-fill it for rinsing out the soap. Mine has has a seperate compartment for the soap. I can turn it on when I need it and turn it off to rinse right away.

For the almost white carpet, I typically use the hoover soap. In the fresh water container, I add a cup of bleach to the compartment to brighten or fight hard stains. If my goal is to deodorize (like now with a pup having accidents), I'll add a cup of vinegar instead. It just depends on what my goal is when shampooing.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, I have laminate flooring in all the areas where Saphire is allowed. So I use a mixture of dawn dish soap, vinegar and water and I put it in my spray mop. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:38 pm

taveraw wrote:
What I really like about mine, that yours doesnt do is that in yours you mix the soap directly in the container. Shampoo the carpet and then have to go back and re-fill it for rinsing out the soap. Mine has has a seperate compartment for the soap. I can turn it on when I need it and turn it off to rinse right away.

What are you referring to? I have a Bissell Pro Heat 2X like Dragula64 and it does have 2 separate compartments, one for soap and one for water. You don't mix the two and with a simple turn of the dial you can spray your carpet with soap only, a mixture of soap & water which the machine does, or water only. No single container and no need to stop and refill to rinse.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 am

Poorboys World All Purpose Cleaner. Its used for everything. I use it on my cars regurarly and it cleans everything. From oil stains to windows. Make sure to dillute it though. 1:2 is used for oil. 1:100 for windows for example.
Back to top Go down
RunningFlynn
Newborn
Newborn
RunningFlynn

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:52 am

The best cleaner for me is the steam cleaner. It is convenient to use.

carpet cleaning chemicals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Carpet Cleaner?   Favorite Carpet Cleaner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Carpet Cleaner?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1