It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?
Yes
Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Vote_lcap88%Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Vote_rcap
 88% [ 38 ]
No
Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Vote_lcap12%Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Empty
PostSubject: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi everyone!

It has been suggested that perhaps we might all like a 2010 Husky Calendar comprised of nothing but pictures of our huskies. This thread is seeing who might be interested in that.

I did very minimal preliminary research and I think I could do it easily for $15 a calendar (including shipping worldwide). I don't think this would pull in a profit, just enough to cover the cost of the calendar.

I put a poll on this. Please answer the question in the topic title. If we decide this is something we want to do, I would allow EVERYONE to submit ONE photo of EACH of their huskies. I don't like playing favorites, so I will do my very very best to get everyone's dog in there Smile

Let me know!

Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:44 pm

At first it sounds like a great idea and I would say "yes" instinctively. Fact is, I know that when it comes time to actually pony up I'll be mysteriously absent.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 pm

One photo of each of their huskies? You realize that there are only 12 months... right?

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:43 pm

I didn't say that each dog would take up one full page. It would also depend on the quality of the photos, since not every photo will look good (ie- not pixelated) at a larger size.

I don't want to play favorites. I also don't anticipate that every registered member is going to want his or her dog on this calendar, let alone buy it. Obviously if the person is not going to pay for a calendar, his or her dog would be less likely to show up on it, if I have an influx of people who want to have his or her dog on a husky forum calendar.

That satisfy your highness? :p

Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:30 pm

You're a grump. I was joking and being a smartass.

Get a freaking job you bum!! Razz

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
harmonytime
Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, not to mention - not all of us has a full bred husky... I just have big stupid with blue eyes and husky traits! And that's just the husband! LOL
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Mixed breeds are allowed! Smile

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Did this ever come to fruition?????
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 am

There wasn't really enough interest in it Sad Maybe once we get more members and people are more interested I would put it together...

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Mine is castles... I usually get Romeo the husky one :p A castle makes me stress free Smile

EDIT: I just saw that NOW there's 12 people interested... go figure. Oh well, we'll have to do this for next year then Smile

Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:51 am

We got a Husky calendar back for '09, and I agree: looking at husky puppies and staying mad are just impossible!
And, I would more than interested in a calendar for next year, if enough people we interested. I actually made a calendar for my neighbor that had different pics of her Beagle I took over the last few years. Of course, there MIGHT have been pics of her beloved Grand-Huskies in there, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:18 pm

You know I'd be in and could help with the design of it all since I am pretty good in photoshop. I still even have the basic layout Kara and I did for THF's when we planned to do one although of course that went down hill. Rolling Eyes I'm not sure if you ever saw those though, we didn't really show anyone.
Back to top Go down
kye_kali0910
Newborn
Newborn
kye_kali0910

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:27 pm

I would totally be interested! Even though we just bought a husky calender for the 2011 year! hahaha. Would I have had to send you a picture of both of them, or their own seperate pictures? This would have been so coool!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 am

We're actually working on this. Have a "date" to discuss it today. Will be updated soon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Well, how much are we "willing" to spend here? The ones that are $15 are place a photo for the top portion and bam, that is it.. is there anyone by chance who has hook ups to a printing company?
Back to top Go down
AgentCaroline
Puppy
Puppy
AgentCaroline

Female Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:15 am

According to Vista Prints, they are selling their calendars at 50% off right now, which is $7.99.

Vista Prints
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Id Buy One 4 sure
Back to top Go down
Neicy
Newborn
Newborn
Neicy

Female Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:24 am

Would you be printing in bulk or making them on your own one by one.... Because depending on how you did it for 15 a pop maybe people could pick 12 of their own dog photos and have you do personalized calendars for them... Or if I am way behind and missed the memo why don't you use the winners of each "Husky of the Month" to get your 12 winners and do a collage on the back of all the pics submitted. However I do like the idea of a calendar!!

Sorry just idea tossing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:10 am

I think that's a really good idea, However I also think it would be a good idea if you had a calender that show cased abandon Huskies in shelters etc. And some of the money went to helping a rescue organization. Maybe add a poll for it! =)
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Bump!

Are we still thinking about this? It's almost October and i'm starting to think about making our calendar for next year...

Oops. This was an older topic but there was a more recent thread about a calendar too...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm

I'd be interested =)
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?   Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll: Would you be interested in/buy a calendar showcasing our huskies?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next