It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Louisiana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

Male Join date : 2011-11-24

Greetings from Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:25 am

I'm gonna keep this short and simple.. i love Huskies!

lol I have a Great Dane, Siberian Husky and two Labs. My favorite breed is the Siberian Husky. My Husky is very close to me and i spoil her. So after being curious about bloat, i Googled "can a husky get bloat" i found this forum that helped me. So i just had to join. Very Happy

Here is a picture of my two girls...
Greetings from Louisiana Imag1710

Last edited by NinjaZXR on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 am

Welcome! Glad you found us, and your girls are really pretty Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Greetings from Louisiana 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:21 am

Welcome! Your girls are gorgeous! Smile
Back to top Go down
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:24 am

Thank you and thank you lol
Back to top Go down
muska
Puppy
Puppy
muska

Male Join date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:48 am

Welcome Smile
love the matching bandannas
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:52 am

What part of Louisiana are you in? We make it to New Orleans from time to time to visit family (only about 3 hours away), and we usually bring the dogs. Last time we were there we went to the big dog park in down town New Orleans. It was a nice park.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:31 am

Lake Charles. we have NO good dog parks out here. lol we only have 1 but its falling apart. it's nothing like the dog parks we had in Colorado. Sad i would love to check out the one in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 am

The New Orleans park is really nice, but I guess it's kind of expensive. Aaron's parents have a pass for their dog, so we snuck in on that. We have a couple of decent ones around here, but I haven't been able to take the dogs in over a month.

I fly in and out of Chennault Airport in Lake Charles fairly frequently. Nice place, and they always have killer Cajun food for us Smile

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:10 am

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us, and glad we could help. I have to echo the other comments. Both your girls are stunning Smile I have a soft spot for Great Danes!

Greetings from Louisiana Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Bigmuddin69
Newborn
Newborn
Bigmuddin69

Male Join date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Welcome! Very good looking girls
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Koda wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us, and glad we could help. I have to echo the other comments. Both your girls are stunning Smile I have a soft spot for Great Danes!

I have a soft spot for them also! A friend of mine had 2 and I was absolutely in love with them! Huskies are my favorites, that's for sure, but I really do love great danes.

Welcome, btw! You're babies are adorable! They look like they're best friends I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:16 pm

wave Welcome! Beautiful girls!
Back to top Go down
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 am

blueeyedghost wrote:
The New Orleans park is really nice, but I guess it's kind of expensive. Aaron's parents have a pass for their dog, so we snuck in on that. We have a couple of decent ones around here, but I haven't been able to take the dogs in over a month.

I fly in and out of Chennault Airport in Lake Charles fairly frequently. Nice place, and they always have killer Cajun food for us Smile

That is the reason i moved back. Cajun food. haha well that and family and friends. Chennault Airport is actually right by my house. it would be cool to meet other husky friends. so far ive only seen about 3 or 4 around here. Great Danes are a little more rare.

Thanks everyone. they are pretty girls
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:57 am

you're lucky to have found 3-4. I have only met one other Husky in this area, though I've heard there are some who frequent the park we haven't been to yet. We need to take the dogs to that park in the near future. I'd actually like to try to organize a meetup here, that would be neat.

Where did you live before?

Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 am

Welcome to you and the girls! I have to echo everyone else...the are gorgeous! Look very sweet!
Back to top Go down
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:15 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
you're lucky to have found 3-4. I have only met one other Husky in this area, though I've heard there are some who frequent the park we haven't been to yet. We need to take the dogs to that park in the near future. I'd actually like to try to organize a meetup here, that would be neat.

Where did you live before?

Arvada Colorado. i lived there for 6 months and then moved back to Louisiana.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Why did you ever leave CO for LA?!

just kidding, I know how things can change. I got moved from Oklahoma City to Florida over the summer with the Navy, but I'd give anything to move back north. There's always next tour, I guess...

How far of a drive is it from Lake Charles to New Orleans? I've only ever flow there Razz

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
. I got moved from Oklahoma City over the summer with the Navy,

Hey just where the heck do you park an aircraft carrier in Okie City?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Lake Stanley Draper.

No, I was actually flying a 707 in a community that most people don't even know exists - E-6B TACAMO. Tinker is a convenient spot for us to be, and the AF has much better large get facilities so the Navy keeps us there. When I got my orders though, I was like "wait, what? Oklahoma?". Not a bad place to live though.

Back to top Go down
NinjaZXR
Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:32 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:

I left because the IT job i had was mostly built on lies. my boss didn't know what he was doing and i never even saw a pay check so i ended up wasting my time and money helping him with his business and to fly me, my dog and my stuff to CO for this job. i had to get a full time job just to keep me afloat. it was not worth it. i would rather be around my friends and family than be constantly lied to by my room mate/boss. i do miss the view though. i want to go back and visit so bad.

blueeyedghost wrote:
How far of a drive is it from Lake Charles to New Orleans?

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/usa-distance-new_orleans-to-lake_charles.htm Razz
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:40 pm

That really blows. It's crap like that that makes me glad to be in the Military. It may not be the most glamorous job at times, but I know something like that won't happen (unless the moron's in DC can't get their act together and shut down the gov't). I totally don't blame you for moving back to LA. Aaron had it worked out with his old company in OK to work remotely after we moved, and they let that go for about 3 months and then laid him off. It's been crappy for us too.

That's not too bad of a drive, that's about how it is from our house just east of Pensacola to Aaron's parents in Luling.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 am

Welcome! Great girls there!
hey if you ever want to come back to CO for a vist ther is no shortage of members here to bunk with Wink

Newborn
Newborn
NinjaZXR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm

jbealer wrote:
hey if you ever want to come back to CO for a vist ther is no shortage of members here to bunk with Wink

Really? wish i knew that before. i got in a fight with my room mate and he kicked me out leaving my stuff in the rain and my husky in the yard. i had no where to go because i had no friends out there. wish i would have known about this forum sooner. it would have really helped me and Delphi out a lot.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

I've missed this thread. Welcome! Very Happy I love Danes as well, such giants Very Happy
You're only about an hour from where I live! I live in Winnie, TX near Beaumont!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 pm

NinjaZXR wrote:
jbealer wrote:

Really? wish i knew that before. i got in a fight with my room mate and he kicked me out leaving my stuff in the rain and my husky in the yard. i had no where to go because i had no friends out there. wish i would have known about this forum sooner. it would have really helped me and Delphi out a lot.

i missed this, sorry your roommate was an ass! well now you do have some friends in CO if you ever make it back Wink

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Louisiana

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1