It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED Empty
PostSubject: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 pm

If you live in this area of NC please call and put pressure on elected officals. THIS IS BS.

http://our-compass.org/2011/12/01/new-policy-requires-all-chows-danes-dobermans-mastiffs-rotties-shepherds-all-bully-breeds-to-be-killed-nc-shelter/

CONTACT INFO LISTED ON LINKED PAGE!

I've email the list but it would mean more from residents and their phone calls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/153303268105285/
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Crazy! North Carolinians better hope they can locate their wayward dog in just 72 hours! Not to mention the lovable homeless "bullies" who will never have a chance!

Uggghhh...

I HATE the "Huskies are bullies" idea... The only bullying that I have ever had in over 20 years of huskies is the bullying that my poor, tired butt is getting right now to "Play some more!!", even after a couple miles of walking and a visit from a neighbor dog and some zoomies... That's all the bullying I've ever known!!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:02 am

I sent out a bunch of emails earlier this week when I heard about it.

Also told a bunch of people to also send emails and pressure them. That's a bunch bull what they're trying to do.

NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:01 am

I hope y'all read my link as there is misinformation in that first link. It still sucks, but the breeds listed in the first link include ones not really on the list (actual list is much shorter) and its not guaranteed to go into effect yet as it hasn't been brought before the board.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 am

Well since I'm a non member of Fartbook, I'm in the dark about the misinformation in the 1st link.

What it comes to though is once they start that slippery slide of dog banning/killing NO breed will be safe. I openly admit to disliking Pit type breeds BUT have no desire to see one breed banned over another.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:28 pm

The first link doesn't really have much info. Mostly a gathering place for the emotional reaction crowd. Here's a site with a couple of links in it too...
http://thebullybreedblog.com/

It sounds like Fayetteville has some serious dog problems. They sure found one helluva way to get discussion going though.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Bottom line - it sounds like they're MEETING to discuss - no action will happen as of now. Yes, Fayetteville citizens need to go to the meeting to make sure it's not passed - but nothing is happening as of now. As per Danielle's link. And some stupid ass is spreading a husky ban via facebook and needs to spend that time saving shelter dogs instead.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:54 pm

harrise wrote:
It sounds like Fayetteville has some serious dog problems. They sure found one helluva way to get discussion going though.

I have a friend who doesn't live too far from Fayetteville and I was talking to her about this. She told me this area is known for dog fighting. Apparently Vick made a few appearances there to fight his dogs too. Banning any breed doesn't solve the root of the problem
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Apparently they felt the pressure and are revising their proposed ban.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8453068&syndicate=syndicate&section

Sorry for the misinformation on the breeds but all BSL is wrong in my opinion. It's should not an issue driven by emotion but one of simple facts. First and foremost breed identification is not a science, it's guess work. Secondly, it should be about the individual dog and not the breed. Finally, don't make the animals suffer for the ignorance of the people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
Apparently they felt the pressure and are revising their proposed ban.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8453068&syndicate=syndicate&section

Sorry for the misinformation on the breeds but all BSL is wrong in my opinion. It's should not an issue driven by emotion but one of simple facts. First and foremost breed identification is not a science, it's guess work. Secondly, it should be about the individual dog and not the breed. Finally, don't make the animals suffer for the ignorance of the people.

I couldn't agree with you more. That's great to hear they are revising
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED   NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED Empty

Back to top Go down

NC - URGENT ACTION NEEDED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Community :: Rescue Missions-