It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! Empty
PostSubject: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I can't get through to this girl. I've tried. She wants a pretty substantial rehoming fee. I offered to foster him for her, but she doesn't seem interested. I think she needs the money. If anyone is interested in a young, 1-year old, male siberian, please check out this Craigslist ad.

He is not neutered. Possible stud quality. Girl says she has papers.

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/for/2780178489.html
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh, P.S.

She is located in Niceville, Florida...not too far from many Sibe lovers I have seen on here.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 pm

If she is really moving and wants to find him a good home, then I would think the thinking fee wouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. If she just wants to sell him to make money, then it could be more. I could be totally wrong, I dont know everything. As far as breeding or show quality, he doesn't look special to me. Either way, he adorable, and I hope he finds a good home!
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I have met him, and the pictures of him are terrible. LOL. He is stunning in person. Very sweet personality. Doesn't bark. Or run away. affraid I would still keep him in a fenced in yard and on a leash...but I digress. He lived with a cat. Only has been in her home. Up to date on shots. Doesn't jump up. Great dog.

She wants at least $450 for him.

Was thinking a breeder might be interested, since he wasn't neutered, after checking his predigree, and health. Mom and Dad are both black and white Sibes.

I wish she would lower her price, I have a feeling in this area, people don't want to pay that much for an "older" dog. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm

He looks like a BYB puppy, no offense, he's cute but after researching for 3 years I finally found a show quality puppy, and he's costing me $1500..

There's no reason for his fee to be $450, he's not even neutered..

Last edited by Jennet&Embry on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Don't ya just love when they say I'm moving must re-home and then want to over charge in the re-homing fee.

(I flagged the ad, for that $450 fee)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 pm

He deserves a good home and looks like a great sibe, but there is no way he is show/stud quality. I don't care how bad the pictures of him are, you can still tell that his face looks off and his ears are not right (then again, I've seen very few sibes with perfectly conformed ears).

Hopefully he finds a good home, but she's unlikely to find a truly "good home" for $450... most people I know wouldn't support such nonsense.

Poor guy Sad Good luck.

FWIW- I'm going to sound super judgmental, but this is a major reason rescues and breeders will not sell/adopt out to young people. It's sad when people think that their animals are disposable because they are moving Sad

Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah he's super cute. But not well bred. Just some girl trying to make her money back.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Koda wrote:
FWIW- I'm going to sound super judgmental, but this is a major reason rescues and breeders will not sell/adopt out to young people. It's sad when people think that their animals are disposable because they are moving Sad

Oh, I get it, believe me. The lady I got Calypso from refuses to sell her pups to younger adults. I know it does sound judgemental, as there are as equal crazy/irresponsible/lazy older adults too. However, I can see how it would more risky based on the fact most 20 year olds are starting out in life, and likely to relocate.

This is actually the girl's SECOND Sibe. She said she had another one, a white one, from the SAME BREEDER. Broke up with her ex boyfriend, he gave the dog to the pound. I wanted to berate her.

I'm wondering what the breeder thought when she showed up wanting another one? Either the breeder didn't care, or the girl didn't tell her she no longer had him. Sad all around.

Maybe he isn't well bred, but he was a super sweet heart. I'm just hoping wherever he ends up next is his forever home. :/
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Mermaidista wrote:
Maybe he isn't well bred, but he was a super sweet heart. I'm just hoping wherever he ends up next is his forever home. :/
Ditto.

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:00 am

Mermaidista wrote:
This is actually the girl's SECOND Sibe. She said she had another one, a white one, from the SAME BREEDER. Broke up with her ex boyfriend, he gave the dog to the pound. I wanted to berate her.

Exactly how some breeders animals end up needing rescue. I have this argument all the time about how breeding impacts rescue and overpopulation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 pm

I can't help but feel a little offended at the jab young people...I got Faolan when I was 20 years old (still am 20, actually, as it was just 2 months after I turned 20 and he is only 7 months old) and I have been trying my hardest to do everything right. He eats raw when I can get it for him (tried to do all raw but there isn't a good reliable source for a variety of meats close enough) and higher quality dry food and canned food, he has gotten all his shots and he was just neutered yesterday, I take him with me when I go to visit my family, and I exercise him daily and I got a WalkyDog bike leash to take him on bike rides with me. When it comes time for me to move, I won't be moving far because I want to stay close to family and I would never move somewhere where I couldn't take my dogs if I could help it because my animals are like my children. I know that most young people probably wouldn't do as much for their dog as breeders and rescues would prefer, but I would be offended if I wasn't even considered because of my age.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Legend_of_Faolan wrote:
I can't help but feel a little offended at the jab young people...I got Faolan when I was 20 years old (still am 20, actually, as it was just 2 months after I turned 20 and he is only 7 months old) and I have been trying my hardest to do everything right. He eats raw when I can get it for him (tried to do all raw but there isn't a good reliable source for a variety of meats close enough) and higher quality dry food and canned food, he has gotten all his shots and he was just neutered yesterday, I take him with me when I go to visit my family, and I exercise him daily and I got a WalkyDog bike leash to take him on bike rides with me. When it comes time for me to move, I won't be moving far because I want to stay close to family and I would never move somewhere where I couldn't take my dogs if I could help it because my animals are like my children. I know that most young people probably wouldn't do as much for their dog as breeders and rescues would prefer, but I would be offended if I wasn't even considered because of my age.
Don't mistake our lamentations about this particular young person as a jab at all young people. Or our admittance that many breeders and rescues discriminate based on age as blind acceptance of such a policy.

However, please understand that you are the exception, not the rule. There are a LOT of stupid people out there of all ages and there are a LOT of GREAT homes turned down by rescues and breeders because of blanket rules without exception to them. I was turned down by FOUR rescues for my SECOND husky because I had no fenced in yard or I was too far away from the rescue itself even though I was willing to drive the whole way.

Our comments are not to bitch about young people. Not at all. Our comments in this thread are our frustration with this particular owner because it is people like HER that give young owners such a bad reputation Wink

Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:27 pm

That comment/rant wasn't directed at you or others on this thread! It was directed at rescues and breeders that have that as a blanket rule! Sorry for not making that clear. Smile I have run across that mindset towards young people so often when it comes to animal care, like just because I am a certain age I am by default a horrible pet owner. It really really makes me mad.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Legend_of_Faolan wrote:
That comment/rant wasn't directed at you or others on this thread! It was directed at rescues and breeders that have that as a blanket rule! Sorry for not making that clear. Smile I have run across that mindset towards young people so often when it comes to animal care, like just because I am a certain age I am by default a horrible pet owner. It really really makes me mad.
I hear ya Smile

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:42 pm

All of this could be avoided if rescues (not breeders so much) would take a moment and actually GET TO KNOW us (the "younger crowd")

The rescue I work closely with now would was stupid to turn us down before, they know it.

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 pm

arooroomom wrote:
All of this could be avoided if rescues (not breeders so much) would take a moment and actually GET TO KNOW us (the "younger crowd")

The rescue I work closely with now would was stupid to turn us down before, they know it.

Going to play devil's advocate here. Evil or Very Mad

First, none of the rescues here have age restrictions and I think that would be ludicrous. Second, breeders unlike rescues are in it for the money so their requirements are going to be less. Rescues are trying to end the cycle of animals ending up in shelters that are put there by overpopulation, ie. breeding.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry, in my head i'm thinking real reputable breeder... not some puppy farming money grubbing @$$ hat.

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Sorry, in my head i'm thinking real reputable breeder... not some puppy farming money grubbing @$$ hat.

No worries, I didn't take offense at your remark. Just frustrated with all the rescue bashing. like everything in life doing the right thing is not always the easiest. Rescues have flaws but they really are working to try to help the problem not add to it.
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I am 22 and have had Jasmine for about 3 1/2 years. I wouldnt move somewhere i couldnt take her. I am taking off early tomorrow and driving two hours to pick up a husky that a shelter was going to kill him in the next couple days. Then driving him another 3 1/2 hours to a Siberian Husky Rescue. I was just now made aware of the prejudice of young people adopting from rescues. Hopefully maybe this will give me some bonus points if i decide to adpot from this rescue when i'm ready in the future! If i was able I would take the dog from the shelter, I'm just not in a situation to be able to take another one right now.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 pm

kclee wrote:
I am 22 and have had Jasmine for about 3 1/2 years. I wouldnt move somewhere i couldnt take her. I am taking off early tomorrow and driving two hours to pick up a husky that a shelter was going to kill him in the next couple days. Then driving him another 3 1/2 hours to a Siberian Husky Rescue. I was just now made aware of the prejudice of young people adopting from rescues. Hopefully maybe this will give me some bonus points if i decide to adpot from this rescue when i'm ready in the future! If i was able I would take the dog from the shelter, I'm just not in a situation to be able to take another one right now.
That's awesome! I'm trying to save a pregnant female from be killed Sat. Having to work with a rescue out of state to do so.
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:05 pm

This one is a pure bred and only a year old. Hub and wife got him, divorced and he was left with mom inlaw. Mom inlaw didnt want him so she took him to the pound. Apparently this particular shelter has no hold. They can kill same day if they want. I cringe to think of huskies being put down like that for no reason.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

i agree "most" younger people are likely to move and having lived in a college town its just absolutely SO sad how many animals get rehomed or dropped off at the pound due to not being able to move into a pet friendly housing. i've had nikki since i was 20, but i did not get her from a rescue. she was a rehome i drove 10 hours to get. i seriously doubt any breeder would have given me the light of day. either way, when i moved i ended up buying a house to accommodate my dogs. Smile my dogs come first since they rely on me for everything. either way, i hope that beautiful boy finds a home and the owner stops being unreasonable with that absurd adoption fee.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm

I got embry a couple months after i turned 18 and will have number 3 before im 21. I take offense ti the young group comments. Were not all like that. I would live on the streets with my dogs before ever getting rid of them.

Also i think its kinda ridiculous that our shelter has a 21yr age limit. Our shelter is a kill shelter and a year and a half ago i tried pulling a nippy young husky male on death row but couldnt because of my age. Thankfully i found a rescue
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Jennet&amp;Embry wrote:
I got embry a couple months after i turned 18 and will have number 3 before im 21. I take offense ti the young group comments. Were not all like that. I would live on the streets with my dogs before ever getting rid of them.

Amen!!! That's what me and husband say all of the time! We currently rent and are looking into buying a home within the next year or two, but if for whatever reason (fingers crossed) we need to move before there I will pay $3,000 a month and live off of tuna before getting rid of my babies!

Realistically, it all depends on the person and their love for their pet (or animals in general). People are too quick to give up their pets without even trying to find a real solution. It really pisses me off! Not all young adults aren't capable of caring for a pet properly. Kristina, Jennet, etc are the perfect examples. It's just a matter of the love you have for your babies and how responsible you are. Period. I know that shit happens, but some people (any age) could simply just TRY harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!   Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone please consider adopting this sweet boy!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next