It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mount Galbraith loop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Mount Galbraith loop Empty
PostSubject: Mount Galbraith loop   Mount Galbraith loop EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:13 pm

So with the weather looking good, and the need to get out on Sat. i asked my friends Danielle and Brett if they wanted to do a hike, Brett found a short trail only 30min from their house in golden, we really did not want to drive far.
our hike was about 2.5hrs in a loop and was about 4.5 miles, had about a 1,845ft gain in elevation we only made it to 7,189ft. but it was still a good work out in the snow with out snowshoes on.

Mount Galbraith loop P1140273

Mount Galbraith loop P1130247
there is a small parking lot that im sure in the summer fills fast. we got there around 9:30ish and when we got back it was almost full.

Mount Galbraith loop P1130248
trail went from snowpacked to deep to dirt.

Mount Galbraith loop P1130249
cloud cover for most of the hike, thank god as it would have been real warm and wet if it was out.

Mount Galbraith loop P1130250

Mount Galbraith loop P1130251
Brett and Ken

Mount Galbraith loop P1130252
Gunny and Jack

Mount Galbraith loop P1130253
Sierra

Mount Galbraith loop P1130255
Danielle making tracks, Ken got pulled off the trail by Sierra who did not want to make tracks!

Mount Galbraith loop P1130256
Ken and Sierra making the way back to the trail after she picked a diff. route!

Mount Galbraith loop P1130257
Danielle

Mount Galbraith loop P1130258
the reminder we were not far from home (Denver)

Mount Galbraith loop P1130259
S&J

Mount Galbraith loop P1140262
come on dad we have to catch up!

Mount Galbraith loop P1140263
the Coors factory! dang is that place HUGE!

Mount Galbraith loop P1140265
Jack is good at waiting

Mount Galbraith loop P1140267
Sierra found something good!

Mount Galbraith loop P1140268
Gunny

Mount Galbraith loop P1140272
Me showing off my new pack and polls at the end Smile

Mount Galbraith loop P1140274
time to go home. they were so freaking cute laying like that.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mount Galbraith loop   Mount Galbraith loop EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Cool pics! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one of them laying together. You must frame that one!
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Mount Galbraith loop   Mount Galbraith loop EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am

Very nice! Looks like it was a nice hike! I can't wait to take our pups.

Also wondering...what kind of leashes do you have there?

Was going to ask what leashes everyone uses for hikes and such....
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mount Galbraith loop   Mount Galbraith loop EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Nikki,
i got the lines custom made by Adanac (they have reg lines as well), and i got the belt from them as well and had Eddy mod it some
http://stores.adanacsleds.com/-strse-30/NEWEST-SKIJORING%2C-WALKING%2C-CANICROSS/Detail.bok

PostSubject: Re: Mount Galbraith loop   Mount Galbraith loop Empty

Back to top Go down

Mount Galbraith loop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1