It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Just wanted to share

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

Just wanted to share Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Ive never meet a husky that didnt just steal my heart. Here is a couple of moments Sadie gave to me. Please enjoy, and i look forward to seeing yours.
Just wanted to share 12monthsold
Just wanted to share DSCN1153
Just wanted to share DSCN1351
Just wanted to share IMAG0011
Just wanted to share IMAG0071
Just wanted to share IMAG0068
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:02 pm

She is growing up so fast! That pic of her hanging out of the window scares me some, we had a member on here that lost his boy (died) from jumping out the window to go chase something.

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

jbealer wrote:
She is growing up so fast! That pic of her hanging out of the window scares me some, we had a member on here that lost his boy (died) from jumping out the window to go chase something.

Dakota attempted this in his younger years. Thankfully, I only had the window down to allow his head only. Even still, it left me shaking just imagining what could have happened if that windo was just a bit lower.

I really love that first pic of Sadie. I don't know how anyone could resist puppies.

Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 pm

99.9% of the time the back windows are only down enough for her head. In front I use my window so I can hold her. However when she was about three months old she would lean to far out of the window. She hates hights so what i did was passenger window down, hold her tail really tight and when she would get to far out i would swerve "not to hard but enough however" and she would freak out and hold on really tight scrambling to get her footing back. A few times of this and now she just perches about a 1/4 way out. I love her very much, and i wouldnt put her in any danger. In the pic above we were going like 15 mph tops and only for about 2 blocks. She is super calm compaired to all other huskies we have incountered. I think its because she is with me all day and night. Sure we go to the dog park but she only plays with other huskies. and for short durrations, she comes and sits at my feet watching? I try to get her to play more but she would rather chill and chew grass. I cant believe how calm she is for 7 months. Still I cant wait to get another!! Hopefully my next will be crazy hyper!
Back to top Go down
ilovenanuk
Newborn
Newborn
ilovenanuk

Male Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:00 pm

huskies81 wrote:
Hopefully my next will be crazy hyper!

Be careful what you wish for! LOL

lol!
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

I said the same thing when I got my boy. Now I am so thankful for his mellow personality!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:49 am

When Biko was 13 months old he fell out of the window that was barely open 6" max. I was going about 30mph and just happen to glance at the right rear view mirror when he tumbled out. How he survived it I'm not sure with, I was just starting my 2nd week with him when it happened. Now windows open no more then 3". I think if they can stick their head out they can fall out..........why take that chance.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 am

huskies81 wrote:
She is super calm compaired to all other huskies we have incountered. I think its because she is with me all day and night. Sure we go to the dog park but she only plays with other huskies. and for short durrations, she comes and sits at my feet watching? I try to get her to play more but she would rather chill and chew grass. I cant believe how calm she is for 7 months. Still I cant wait to get another!! Hopefully my next will be crazy hyper!

Oh...my...goodness...!! I can't even imagine. Many days I long for your dog. I've been through "husky parenting" twice and I have never seen one so young be so mellow! Believe me, I am with Sabaka almost all the time (leaving him a few hours here or there for shopping and taxiing kids and such) and he is not laid back AT ALL!

I enjoy "fun and energetic" (I must, or I would not be a husky owner), but I would never wish for crazy hyper! I've seen crazy hyper and it's really not all it's cracked up to be!
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 am

My Stormy is extremely laid back. So much that people are shocked at "how well he behaves for a puppy." I think it is a combination of his personality and that I started him in obedience so early. Now Sollie is fairly laid back, but she gets yappy in public *sigh*

I use to have to lock the windows with my Shadow. She figured out how to work the buttons. My dogs always have seatbelts on. With that being said, this is my girls use to love to ride....

Just wanted to share Me002
Just wanted to share DevilsTower

I can't find a picture of the set up, but in case you aren't familiar with a Chevy Avalanche the back seats flip down flat. There is a midgate that opens up into the bed of the truck. The back glass can either stay in or be removed and stored in the midgate. When we travel with the cat I have a litter box at the tailgate. The pups are secured in their seatbelts to a strap that is attached to the cargo hooks just behind the midgate.

I love my truck...206K miles and still kicking.
Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Im a pipeline inspector here in oklahoma, so me and Sadie are in the truck for 8 hours minimum monday thru friday. I thought about a seatbelt but I think she will behave better "for me" if she can free roam the truck due to the long duration of time spent in there. Idk, I could be wrong? A friend from the dog parks husky tries to escape her car the whole time. tried to climb out the sun roof at 55 mph. Said she looked crazy with a husky hanging out the top, her screaming and swerving holding on to the dog. lol.... I can only picture the sight. Anyways, she is a windows up woman now!! lol....
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Adam, my huskies previous owner was a truck driver, and he was always on the road with him. He let Neo have free run of the cab and said he was much happier than being confined to sit in the same area . He tried a seatbelt a few times and said neo got so anxious in one spot that he just let him go.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Shadow we had to put on a swivel type clip because of her "spin 3 times before laying down" thing. I guess because I started them out so young they don't mind. Also when in the back they can move from one side of the truck to the other. Stormy is a front seat dog though. As long as I unhook him when I run into a store or stop at a rest stop he is fine. Both just sit and watch traffic when we go on long trips up to PA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share   Just wanted to share Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to share

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1