It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 am

All that means is that if you were to show a dog in a conformation ring they would have to be within the standard.

It has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the dog can actually be registered.

Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 am

Welcome and congrats on you're pups! wave

I agree with Ceara, that information only applies when you are showing you're dog and has nothing to do with the dog being AKC.

Hayden's dad is 75 pounds, which is larger than the standard Husky, but again he is still AKC. Our vet estimated Hayden being about the same size as his father and my little man is still AKC as well. Shocked

My mom has a Yorkshire Terrier that is way too tall for showing and much bigger than most "typical" Yorkies, but he is still AKC. I would question the breeder further on this, because she really doesn't seem like she know's much about breeding.
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 am

Having two is quite hard!

Looking back on it, sort of wishing we had our first puppy at least a few months before getting a second. We separate ours quite often, separate walks and such.

But husky are a whole breed of their own. Pups in twos can work if you work at it too.
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Yup. Posters are right. If being AKC registered meant that dogs had to conform to standard, I'd respect the institution a lot more Wink All that means is that you'd not be able to show the particular dog. It doesn't mean that your dog couldn't be AKC registered.

What DOES limit your pups from being registered are their parents. Both parents must have AKC registration to register the litter. If this is not the case, there are a few other alternatives that the AKC offers in order to allow your dogs to participate in certain events. See: AKC FAQs. However, an AKC registration really doesn't mean much unless you plan on breeding... and based on the origin of your puppies, I would never condone breeding them Smile

Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Joe&Danni
Newborn
Newborn
Joe&Danni

Male Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:01 pm

She isn't a breeder. It happned by accident. I did not mean to start a debockle about it. She wont breed the dogs again she just happned to rehome her brothers husky when her female was in heat and they were unable to stop it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Joe&Danni wrote:
She isn't a breeder. It happned by accident. I did not mean to start a debockle about it. She wont breed the dogs again she just happned to rehome her brothers husky when her female was in heat and they were unable to stop it.
Tori has been out of the loop and she might have missed you writing that. we just hate to see BYB because there are a few members here that did buy from BYB and now their huskies have issues because the parents should have never been breed. we just try to educated the best we can, sometimes its to late but we hope to get the word out there. we are also big on spay and neutering so things like that don't happen. we cant wait to watch your 2 grow and help you out the best we can when you have questions Smile

Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Joe&Danni wrote:

I understand where you're coming from. I also have Dalmatian's and learned the hard way when I got my male from a lady who rescued Dalmatian's and just so happened to have a litter by accident. Domino has all sorts of problems and is a huge liability for me and I've spent a ton of money on trainers to help him out as best I can. Prior to Domino I had a beautiful German Shepherd I got from a BYB and I had to put him to sleep 48 hours after bringing him home, because of parvo :'(. I've only bought my dogs from breeders since then and you can totally tell the difference in their personalities, look, attitude, health, etc. I'm not telling you that you have to buy from a breeder, but simply saying to be very careful and ask TONS of questions! I love my Domino and wouldn't trade him for the world, he's an amazing dog and I'm sure you're two pups will be just as great for you and you're husband! I wish you all the luck and best with you're two adorable puppies! Please post lots of pix!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe&Danni
Newborn
Newborn
Joe&Danni

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:19 pm

haha ok the wife isn't aloud on here again, she miss understood it was just that, the father is registered to akc and was going to be a show dog but he was to big so, thay gave him away and thats how the brother in-law got him sorry for the mix up on all that and I must add thank you everyone for all of the help, so far they have been doing great even our cat likes to hang out with them, haha he is such a chill cat
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Gotcha, haha. Glad they're all getting along and settling in Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe&Danni
Newborn
Newborn
Joe&Danni

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 pm

just wanted to let everyone know that the pups are doing very well and are getting big so fast they are lerning quik at that pretty soon here were are going to be upping the training lol
Back to top Go down
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Just saw this... we got two siblings at the same time as well. We did ensure we took them out separately on walks, worked with them separately on training, but also did a lot together.

The only time we've had any problem was when they got spayed/neutered. The vet said after the surgery, they both wimpered when in separate crates, but instantly calmed and relaxed when together. Other than that, they are very different and have no problem being separated. They will run around together at dog parks, then separate, then together. At home they will be in the same room, then different.

I also read the same things when we got them, and tried to spend time with them separately, but not anywhere near as much as some of the articles/books suggested.

Glad it's going well, and you've got some good looking pups.
Back to top Go down
Joe&Danni
Newborn
Newborn
Joe&Danni

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

we also crate them apart at night and yeah they wimper and howl a lot at night, the first night was really bad and they still are loud at times but they are starting to get better and more used to it.
there are times that its hard to not give in and with my scedule, and the wife left with having to take them out at night and what not and all the other things in the middle that make it more and more hard to keep with set standard and yes i have givin in at times but they are getting it, and you just have to keep the dependancy of each other to a minimum and let them learn to be them selves first you should be fine. my advice to you is crate them apart early and soon as possible and let them cry it out now and it will pay off in the long run, my goal is to not have to crate them in the future and let them sleep with us in the room and be fine not have issues with each other and just be idependant adults in there later years but for now we just have to tough it out and let them cry it out and not give in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates   Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Me and the wife getting 2 sister litter mates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2