It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fridayxiii
Newborn
Newborn
fridayxiii

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home Empty
PostSubject: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am

I'm very sad to say that I need to find a new home for my pup Victoria. Unfortunately a Siberian Husky just isn't the right fit for my home life as it is now, and in the foreseeable future. As much as my heart wants to keep her, I know I need to do right by Victoria and what's best for her.

Victoria is twelve weeks old (born 11.4.11), in the process of crate training and potty training. She's had 2 of 3 rounds of booster shots, and is a real sweetheart. She just needs a person or family that can provide a better environment and routine for a Husky. Here are a couple of quick camera phone pics:

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home 5add0a4e

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home 6a515e25

I hope to find a good home with someone that can give her the life she deserves and meet all her needs. If you're interested or know someone who it please reply or PM me.

Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am

Brian, sorry to hear! But glad you are searching for a great home for her.

If you are on Facebook, join the groups, Siberian Husky Owners, and Siberian Husky Rescue of Florida Inc.

Some wonderful people on those sites. I am sure it wouldn't take the rescue long to find her a home!

Good luck, she's a cutie!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

That's too bad! Have you contacted her breeder to see if they will take her back? How quickly do you need to find her a home? I can foster her for you if you really need her gone soon (cause omg she's sooo cute! I love puppies! lol). I live in central fl (Deltona to be exact).

My mom does all breed rescue, so we have a lot of experience finding homes for dogs. Make sure you ask anyone wanting to adopt her a ton of questions and ask what vet they use. Call the vet to make sure they take care of the pets they currently own or owned in the past and do a home visit if possible. Get their address and make sure they own their home (I forget what website my mom looks at for that info, but it's something like a property appraiser's site) and if they don't, call the landlord to make sure they are allowed to have a husky.

Good luck finding her a home! And if you need someone to foster her, I can. If you'd like, I can send you my mom's adoption application to give you an idea of what she asks people. And if she were mine, I would charge X amount and give back the amount a spay cost them after they can prove they got her spayed. Do charge something, cause, unfortunately, people can do some horrible things with free or really cheap dogs like use them as bait dogs for fighting dogs.

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear, what seems to be the problem with keeping her? She's so cute. I wish I could!

I posted some info on my meetup page though about her to see if anyone is interested.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:10 pm

She's beautiful! I know a lady here in WV that may be interested in her. She is new to huskies but has one and would be a great owner. I think i could arrange a transport at some point as I have family that live in Tampa and always come to WV. How soon do you need to get rid of her? Lemme ask some questions.
Back to top Go down
fridayxiii
Newborn
Newborn
fridayxiii

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll apologize in advance for the length of this post. Smile

As to the question of timing, I can keep her until the right family or home is found. I'd rather it was sooner than later as I realize that people like to bond with their new furkids as much and as early as possible, so if the right home comes along I'd place her as soon as can be arranged. But if it's a matter of keeping her for the time being or until logistics can be worked out, I can do that.

As I mentioned, my primary concern is Victoria's long-term happiness. I'm single - no significant other or room-mate, just me and the three dogs. I work from home a couple of days each week, but I have to be at the office the other two or three days and am gone for ten hours at a time. On these days Sonny and Kaya are confined to ~ 1/4 of my house (kitchen and Florida room) with baby gates, and do OK alone for this time. But I don't think those gates will keep an energetic Husky in one spot, and I'm not comfortable with her (or any dog) running the house unfettered and unsupervised.

So the other option I have is crating Victoria, but I just can't do that to a high-energy dog for ten hours a day in good conscience. I know Huskies need lots of exercise and stimulation, and I don't think I can provide the amount of activity (physical and mental) before or after work, which I'm afraid could lead to behavioral issues.

The other concern - somewhat related - is play time. My mixed breed Kaya is a bigger dog too, but she'll be 14 in March and doesn't play like she used to. She's into the laid-back, mosey-along senior dog lifestyle. Smile My Shih Tzu Sonny is 7, but still very playful, but with how Victoria like to rough-house, I'm worried that Sonny might get hurt by accident. So, part of the problem too is a playmate for Victoria to help her burn energy. Kaya is too old, Sonny is too small, and I don't foresee myself getting another larger dog, or high-energy breed. My neighbors have two Huskies (Victoria's parents, actually) and after they're uncrated they can run rampant with each other, but Victoria won't have that kind of playmate here. I've talked to my neighbors about after-work play-dates, to let Victoria run with their two Huskies. That might work for the short-term, they might be moving out of state soon, so the issue re-emerges.

@Mermaidista: I am on Facebook, so I'll join the groups you mentioned and post a message there too.

@arooroomom: Thanx for posting the info on your meet-up page!

@kclee: Please let me know what your acquaintance in WV thinks. I really want to place Victoria in the right home, and this sound promising, like a good option. I'd be happy to keep Victoria until arrangements can be made for transport. I'd be happy to provide more pics as well as any other info they might want

Thanks again for the replies everyone. I'll update the thread if/when things happen.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Oh, I seriously wish I was closer, she's so freaking cute
Back to top Go down
Nikkm2112
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am

I would love to take this pup off your hands!!! I live in Largo fl and have been looking for a husky! Smile
Back to top Go down
fridayxiii
Newborn
Newborn
fridayxiii

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:09 pm

I wanted to update the thread with the news that I've been able to come up with some plans to keep Victoria occupied during my days at work, and thankfully, will be able to keep her. Smile

I appreciate everyone who replied to the thread, sent PMs, and everyone I've emailed and spoken to. It's great to know there are soooo many Husky enthusiasts out there who love the breed and are willing to help out others.

All the best to everyone from me and Victoria, Kaya and Sonny! sunny
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

That's great! Good luck and please keep us updated with how she is doing!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Just a thought - If your neighbours own the parents - could they not puppy sit for you during the day while you are out?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:08 pm

That's awesome! Also check out some doggie daycares! We take ours there once a week, but there are deals for when you take them daily Smile she'd love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home   Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky pup in FL (Tampa Bay) looking for a new home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1