It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Ate Squeaker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 am

No vomiting! So that's good news!

He's drinking little water and has still not eaten anything. He will lay his ears back flat and walk away looking sad whenever I offer it to him. I was acting like I was eating it (he always wants everything I have) and tried a piece of chicken, but he spit it out and turned his nose up. He will however try eat my Yorkies Canin food, sort of ... He's trying to chew it, spit it out, then will eat it again. He's only had 10 pieces of kibble so far (mind you these are tiny "Yorkie formula"). Now he's just staring at it and not touching it Sad ... this is so weird!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Hayden wasn't doing well this morning, so I went ahead and took him in to the vet again. He did eat some treats for me at the vet, which is good! They took another set of X-Rays, which showed the treats in his tummy ,a bunch of gas, and thankfully no foreign objects! He did eat a normal meal when we got home and drank water!! The anti-vomit shot should ware off this evening, so the vet said if he keeps everything down, then it should pass on it's own. However, if he starts to vomit, that could mean there is something in there and they may possibly have to remove it. I'm thinking whatever is going on will pass on it's own. My mom did bring to my attention that I bought Hayden some really nasty smelling bully stick's last week (which we threw away!) and she think's that could have been the cause of his upset tummy/gas. Either way, I'm excited that he's starting to come around and acting more normal Smile

Thank you everyone for keep Hayden in you're thought's, it's so nice knowing there are kind people out there that truly care and I appreciate it more than you know!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah- I've found the anti-vomit meds actually supress their appetite a bit. Koda had it once and it took him a few days to start eating normally again. Plus... you don't normally want to eat a ton after you spend all day throwing up... do you? Smile

Glad to hear he's acting better!

Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Aw man, I really hope Hayden is back to his normal self soon! Its weird how the squeaker isn't showing up in the x-rays? If its gone as far as his intestines, surely he would have passed it by now?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 pm

They said it could take 3-4 days, so crossing fingers it will show up soon!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Erinc wrote:
Aw man, I really hope Hayden is back to his normal self soon! Its weird how the squeaker isn't showing up in the x-rays? If its gone as far as his intestines, surely he would have passed it by now?

Plastic doesn't show up on xrays unfortunately. Hope Hayden gets better soon!!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

Aww! Sending prayer and good luck vibes his way!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 am

Update:
No vomiting and he's attempting to play with the other dogs now, so that's good! He's also back to wanting to eat everything again (food wise). Only concern I'm having at this point is the massive amount of diarrhea he is having! I feel so bad for him, I don't want him to get dehydrated. He's gone at least 3 times outside and has had 5 accidents in the house so far! He always lets me know when he needs to go out and he's not with this stuff, so I'm assuming it must hit him pretty quick. I hope he doesn't have any accidents in the middle of the night! Sad
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 am

hypers987 wrote:
Erinc wrote:

Plastic doesn't show up on xrays unfortunately. Hope Hayden gets better soon!!

Of course it doesn't, should really have thought about that a little bit before commenting lol.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Update:
Hayden is not doing so great now. He started vomiting again (5 times within an hour). I called the vet and I'm bringing him in first thing in the morning. He also hasn't stopped pooping and is doing is constantly! He isn't eating now, which is odd, because he ate this morning just fine. I just took his temp and he only let me do it for a few seconds and from what little I got it was 102.5 the first time and 102.3 the second time. He just threw up again and it looked like there was a little bit of blood strands in it Sad ... this sucks Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 1625187496

Update on the Update:
My mom got him to eat some treats, so at least he has something on his tummy! Also, the vet earlier gave me Metronidazole to help control his diarrhea and they didn't tell me it had to be given with food, so I gave it to him wrapped in a tiny piece of chicken, but not his dinner, so he basically had it on an empty stomach, so that may possibly be causing the vomiting, we're hoping.

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh no poor Hayden. Hope he is better soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

I was hoping to hear he was doing better, sorry to hear Hayden's condition. I hope he gets better soon, best of luck for him.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 pm

I got him to eat his bland diet of chicken and rice and since he's gotten food and some liquids on his tummy he hasn't thrown up anymore thank goodness! Praying things go well tonight!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 am

Our pups are quite robust, I'm sure Hayden will be better before you know it Smile I can imagine how hard it is for you but just stay positive!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 am

I'm in such a weird position right now. Hayden did throw up his bland diet a few times in the middle of the night and did drink water. This morning he is still acting a little slugish and won't eat, but perks up acting like he wants to, but when we offer it, he won't take it (his regular food, bland diet, or treats that got him to eat in the past).

Our vet doesn't have any available morning appointment and the earliest one available is 4:30pm, but they really want to see him sooner and recommended that I bring him in right before the doctors arrive this morning and drop him off, so when our vet has a free moment she can take a look at him.

My mom is telling me she thinks he's going to be ok and just fine, but my thought process is IF there is something in his tummy blocking him, he could end up taking a turn for the worse if we wait too long, but at the same time I don't want them cutting open my 4 month old puppy if he doesn't need it!

I'm in a terrible position, because I don't know what to do! He's like playing with the dogs and perks up when going outside and was out in the yard digging and playing yesterday and then all of a sudden he gets sick out of the blue, but occasionally will act fine.

What would everyone else do? I'm desperate for advise or opinions aside from my mom and doctors. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:51 am

I would take him to the vet first thing - dogs will hide weakness. Survival instinct. Vomit - diarrhea - off behavior - not eating, all signs of blockage.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

I'm with Riley on this one, don't take chances. I did that once and wound up really regretting it in the end. Please take him in and let us know how he's doing.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:08 am

I would take him to the vet and wait to see if he can be seen while you are there..
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

We've had to drop one for a day before. It made me feel better that the dog was somewhere safe, and I'm sure me not being there panicking helped the vet get to it properly.

Definitely sounds like he needs to go. I worry when mine are just 10% off in their routine. Your boy is not giving you the right signs at this point.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 pm

I agree with everyone else. Take him in.

Let us know how everything turns out!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:28 pm

I dropped Hayden off this morning and they said he was a little dehydrated and they want to go ahead and do an exploratory surgery on him Sad

They want to neuter him as well while he's under.

Poor guy Sad
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Awww, poor guy, but he'll be all the better for it!
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Dehydration was a fear of mine already, with the vomitting and "runs", you did the right thing. The neuter is good too, he's coming out of this a better pup. Good work.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
I dropped Hayden off this morning and they said he was a little dehydrated and they want to go ahead and do an exploratory surgery on him Sad

They want to neuter him as well while he's under.

Poor guy Sad

Poor guy but hopefully he will be better soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Squeaker    Puppy Ate Squeaker  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Ate Squeaker

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next