It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Aurora from Missouri says Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
charlean
Newborn
Newborn
charlean

Female Join date : 2012-03-20

Aurora from Missouri says Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:00 am

We have a beautiful 10 month old Husky named Aurora Borealis (we call her Rory) that we rescued when she was 6 months old. She came from a BYB whose daughter wanted to keep her and then decided she couldn't take care of her. When she came to us she liked to counter surf and steal food off plates, had no social skills and had to be completely housetrained. The poor thing had no idea that she was part of a pack or of a family unit or how to act or react to her surroundings. It was a rough couple of weeks but we made it through and it has been well worth it. Now she wants to be with the family, enjoys attention and the interaction between us, the other two dogs and herself. She is also quite content to just lay at your feet if you are sitting in a chair or beside the bed (or in the bed) at bedtime.

Rory is quite the entertainer, and I think she realizes that she is too. She loves to toss toys around and chase them, only to do it all over again. And she has this bucking jump that she does when she is playing and is excited that is too adorable! She has been fairly mischevious; her first week here, she ate a child's sock and had me in a panic. I called the vet and he said not to worry, it would come out. Three days and it didn't come out either end so I started to get worried, then she jumped up and snatched the kitched sponge from the sink and swallowed that too. I was dialing the vet for the second time when she threw up the sock and the sponge in one nasty, soggy mess at my feet. I guess she didn't want to go to the vet?

We also have Chewbacca, who is a 4 year old Rottweiler/Australian Shepherd mix. He is also a rescue, only he found us. Our dogs at the time were outside barking and when we went out to see what the issue was, we found a tiny ball of fur under our deck. He has been with us ever since. He was the product of a BYB gone very wrong. They decided they would breed a rott and an aussie and create the next designer breed, but things didn't work out as they had planned. No one wanted to pay top dollar for the pups, the couple seperated and abandoned the pups at the house they moved out of. Luckily, the family down the road had taken in the pups but there had been an escapee they didn't know about. When Chewbacca was about 5 months old we were walking him at the park and the mom and daughter from the family that took them in were also walking. They noticed the similarities between Chewie and the other pups they had fostered and asked where we had gotten him, once we compared notes we discovered they were from the same litter and we heard his story. He is a big, lovable baby...despite his appearance.

Rounding things out, we have Abigail (Abbey), who is a JRT and a pound puppy. My husband works for a local municipality and they had a litter of pups in the pound, so he spoke to the person in charge and we adopted a sweet little 6 week old puppy with three feet. We figured no one else would take her and she would be euthanized. She is a spitfire and the one missing foot does not slow her down a bit! She has to be everwhere I am and can be rather assertive. She likes to shove me out of the comfy chair in the living room when we share it, she has a touch of Napolean complex. Abbey likes to boss the other two dogs around and for the most part they let her. Then she gets tired of hanging with the big dogs and gets back on the porch...yep, it's a real thing!

We also have two spoiled rotten cats, Rhue who is almost 14 and Cyan who is 8. They mostly do whatever they want. Rhue is fond of sleeping with my husband during the day, because she doesn't particularly care for me and Cyan likes to sleep on the rug in the sunbeams by the backdoor or sit in my lap, because she does like me.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 am

Welcome! Your pack all has amazing back stories, and major kudos for rescuing them. They're all great looking dogs, and I have to say I love that you used the name Chewbacca (I'm a major Star Wars buff). Looking forward to seeing more pics of your fur family Cool

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Aurora from Missouri says Hello! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 am

Welcome,

I really love the looks of your pack.. the three of them look great together..

Thanks, for rescueing them ..
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 am

Welcome! I really enjoyed reading you're stories of each pet! Very sweet. You're pups are so cute!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am

Welcome to the Forum! Your pack is adorable! I am a sucker for 3 legged animals!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Welcome! great introduction of all you family members! cant wait to see more pictures

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 pm

wave Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aurora from Missouri says Hello!   Aurora from Missouri says Hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

Aurora from Missouri says Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1