It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi from Kentucky!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashley8229
Newborn
Newborn
Ashley8229

Female Join date : 2012-04-15

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi, I'm Ashley and I have 2 baby boys named Bandit and Baxter. Bandit's birthday is 6 Feb 2005, and Baxter's is 8 Feb 2010. Bandit's temperate and personality is so wonderful we wanted to return to the same breeder and try our luck with a brother. Luckily it worked out and we have 2 awesome huskies. Bandit has lived with me in Germany, Washington, New York, Georgia, and Kentucky. He's rode with me from west to east and from north to south -- so he is quite traveled. Baxter has hardly left the state of Kentucky, but I believe he prefers it that way. They are both very well trained and too smart for their own good. I strongly believe in, and recommend kennel training. I know I often find my boys taking naps in their kennels even though they have free range of the house...they just like feeling safe (or being near their food, not sure which one).
About me - I'm married to my best friend and I have a 5 yeard old daughter. I've been in this area for almost 5 years, originally from Georgia but joined the military young and I've just been all over the place since. I'm settled here as a Department of the Army civilian, loving my job dealing with past conflicts.

I can't wait to chat with others. Hopefully I find some folks just as obsessed with their furbabies as I am, lol.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Welcome! I'd love to see some pictures of your boys. Sounds like Bandit has had quite the adventure moving around with you Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hi from Kentucky! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Welcome Ashley! Can't wait to see pics of your babies!
Back to top Go down
taddym
Newborn
Newborn
taddym

Female Join date : 2012-04-12

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Welcome Ashley! I have a boy myself, first one actually and it is really interesting to get to know their personality! And yes about crate training, mine is in his crate right now with the door open but has totally freedom in the house. He really loves to be in there since it is in the basement and its getting warmer out Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Welcome Ashley and thanks for your service, can't wait to see some pics of the furkids
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi there, Ashley, Bandit and Baxter!!!!
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

hi ashley, bandit & baxter! Smile welcome to the forum, a lot of information and questions answered! can't wait to see what your babies look like Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:40 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Welcome!

Newborn
Newborn
Ashley8229

Female Join date : 2012-04-15

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Marcia - I'm glad to hear you have a 4 legged beast that enjoys his kennel. Right now mine are acting like area rugs. I am absolutely LOVING all of the pictures you guys have as avatars and signature blocks. It's so neat to see the personalities in just pictures, and to see how they share traits...like Meredith and Aaron -- you're picture of Ghost is cracking me up. My Bandit has looked like that a few times, doesn't do water but enjoys a good mud bath. Judy, it looks like Rocky's mask faded, good to know I don't own the only husky with a faded mask (Bandit got his name because he had a mask, like a masked Bandit...now his face is solid white!).
Ok, I'll stop rambling. My boys aren't big on being in the same picture...so here's one at the vets office I was able to snap because they were too sick to argue with me. hehe
Bandit has the blue leash and Baxter has the black one.
Hi from Kentucky! Bb11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Kentucky! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kentucky!   Hi from Kentucky! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kentucky!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1