It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi all,

My name is Steve Gillmeister (people call me Gilly hence the screen name).

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this forum because my one year old husky, Khuno, apparently has hyperkeratosis on his pads (mainly his carpal pad), which I was finally able to diagnose because of this site! I will be taking him to the vet soon for his booster shots so it will be addressed then. He's had it for a while, but it has never bothered him so i wasn't too worried about it, but was constantly on the look out for what it could be.

Anywho, I'll be back on later tonight after work and post up some pics of my best friend Khuno Smile

P.S: I've had Khuno for about 9 months now.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Welcome! I love your avatar picture Cool

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome! here are some pics of Khuno.

they day we picked him up:

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum 7116956943_1b91aeb4c2_z

here's a pretty recent one (a couple of months ago)
Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum 7116915691_3aecbf19b7_b

although i've been around forums a whole bunch for my cars, i'm going to be kind of lazy and hope that my link to my new flikr account will work so you can see some other pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77335634@N07/sets/72157629543195632/
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm

There seems to be a lot of white huskies on this forum with blue eyes and orange ears.. lol

Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Welcome! He's really beautiful Smile

I just noticed you're in Baltimore. We go there occasionally, maybe we can have a Husky meet up eventually. Cool
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums... Love all the pics he is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I forgot to say, Khuno is about 70-80 lbs (haven't weighed him in a few months). A tiny bit big for a one year old puppy who still needs to bulk up a little bit!

Khuno loves playing with other huskies (the only dogs that can deal with his activity level haha), Hayden, let me know when you're in baltimore!

in the flikr account is a picture of him and his half sister Koda, who owns one of my friends up in Buffalo NY where my parents live. (copied below)

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum 6970839794_ef102f9887_b
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 am

Welcome to the forum! He's gorgeous and I hope it all goes well at the vets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am

Welcome to the forums both of you Razz

~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am

Welcome! He is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

Female Join date : 2012-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Welcome!!

He looks just like Nike the resemblance is crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

yay for another white husky!!! Smile
Welcome to the Forum!!
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Welcome! I wish this forum's white husky population was representative of what I get to see out in the real world.
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Everyone thinks Khuno is a white german shepherd, except some children and husky lovers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum   Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Short time Husky Owner, New to the forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1