It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hardwood floors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:36 pm

So my Chase is a white husky and we have hardwood floors.... if anyone else has hardwood floors what is the easiest way to keep them clean(er) from hair? Any advice is appreciated!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Sweep daily! That's what my parents do at their house which is like 80% hardwoods. They don't have huskies but they do have 5 shedding dogs. Also brush the dog regularly too.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:40 pm

My kitchen and dining room are hardwood floors and right now, I have to sweep at least every other day and brush them out at least 10 minutes each husky every other day to keep up with the fur bunnies that collect under the dining room table.

Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Ugh I hate sweeping lol We have a Mr. Clean thing (like a mop head that's like a broom) and we mop when it get's too bad. When he was shedding it was horrible! And yes the ceiling fans like to push the hair up into piles under the table and against the walls Smile The joys of a hairy dog! I wouldn't trade him for the world though.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I use a swifer Smile during heavy shedding everyday, normally every 2-3 days. (with weekly damp moping)
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Do you use the regular swifer?
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:32 pm

jedwards wrote:
Do you use the regular swifer?

Yep. The original swifer, nothing fancy Very Happy It's faster than sweeping, and I think that it gets more of the hair, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Going to have to buy one ASAP!
Back to top Go down
alliegirl
Newborn
Newborn
alliegirl

Female Join date : 2012-04-05

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:10 am

we use the regular swifter and buy the generic pads then we use the wet generic swifter pads after we sweep. i love them.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:08 am

I have wood floors and I also use micro fiber small cleaning towels in my swifter they can be washed and it saves having to purchase pads all the time.
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

That's what we have a microfiber pad. I tried to use wet swifer pads and they got nasty pretty fast but that was during his blow out. It may work better now. I'm very glad he likes being brushed because that helps a lot! Thank you everyone for your input!
Back to top Go down
vtomlinson
Newborn
Newborn
vtomlinson

Female Join date : 2012-03-23

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:29 am

I just bought an O Cedar flip mop that has chenille fingers on one side and a microfiber pad on the other. Best $10 I ever spent!! I love my new hardwood floors but with carpet you couldn't tell how much hair there was. Now you can see every little fur ball. This thing grabs the hair and then you can just shake it out in the trash.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:48 am

I just consider the fur tumbleweeds part of the decor! Hahaha!

...as well as the nose prints on the glass door... and the holes in the lawn... and the "permanent" baby gate at the bottom of the stairs...

Your house will never be the same again!! If you think about it too much you might get an ulcer! Wink

(FYI, my favorite is a plain microfiber dust mop. I own multiple microfiber pads for it. I just pull them off and wash them as needed.)
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm

My husband and I are only 2.5 months into owning our Husky. Our tidy little world and all our routines were turned upside down because of our cute little fur ball. We keep saying to each other, that we can't wait to get back to normal. What is normal when you have a husky???? Doesn't really matter though, because I love our little guy more and more ecery day!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm with Lisa, i gave up long ago on the fur....i vac once a week and pick up the big collection of fur balls when i see them between vacuuming, there is better things in life to do then vacuum everyday because of a little fur!
and as far as a "normal" life djannitto, your now living it! there is no going back, sorry

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
I just consider the fur tumbleweeds part of the decor! Hahaha!

Us too! I gave up on the Swiffer after like a week. We also consider Husky fur to be a condiment in our house Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hardwood floors  85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:36 pm

My boyfriend complains about the holes in the yard. When mowing you have to be careful not to twist your ankle! I told him to build him a sandbox if he didn't want holes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hardwood floors  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardwood floors    Hardwood floors  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardwood floors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1