It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello form Arizona

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Female Join date : 2012-05-28

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi I'm Jessie and I'm owned buy a 8 year old female orange tabby cat and an 18 month old female husky that suffers from Spazanosus (a common condition in huskies)

We live in Arizona where I run a reptile rescue, make costumes, remove rattlesnakes (or any unwanted pest with no legs or up to 500 legs) and I am an avid motorcyclist.

I have been known to be the "Clown" of forums and chats and I can see the humor in most things unless I haven't had my coffee then things go right over my head.

I run a group of motorcyclists called Cycle Furs (you have to have humor to run something like that) and we travel all over the country on our motorcycles to meet with sick children in hospitals.

Any who, I'm hoping that I will have a great time here and learn new things about my husky... I had another husky for almost 18 years (I kid you not) and after she passed and then my grandmother passing shortly after I was bestowed with D/C my new baby. D/C is so much more different that Bandicoot was, so I feel like I'm starting from scratch.

Thanks for having such a great site and i hope to get you know you all better.

Jess
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi! I'm from Arizona- Scottsdale, exactly- but we are current in CO since my husband serves. You should post a picture of D/C! Welcome.
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome. D/C has been a blessing but she has had a rough start. she was a gift after I lost both my dog and grandmother and the breeder she came from was less than human from what i saw on D/C when she was given to me. The first 3 months of life were very hard for her and I. I removed 152 ticks from her and she ended up with something that made her start loosing her hair in patches. We almost lost her.

She is almost 100% now and is big for her age but still has issues with eating and weight gain... she is on some stuff called Taste of the Wild Salmon, that I got from the vet. Hopefully she will start looking her best here soon.

Hello form Arizona 208820_175947675787045_100001154413686_353507_1311595_nHello form Arizona 190384_175947712453708_100001154413686_353509_2498424_n

Sorry about the messy floor... i was at my mom's house and her dog got into the trash (i wonder about my mother sometimes Shocked )
Hello form Arizona Photobucket-543-1331830966276

Me and D/C at the San Pedro River (not like you can see it hahaha!)
Hello form Arizona Photobucket-3203-1331830951914
Hello form Arizona Photobucket-6353-1331830980142

Mud Puppy
Hello form Arizona Photobucket-3093-1331831024218Hello form Arizona Photobucket-4324-1331831034862
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Smile
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Welcome, love those mud puppy pics. He is adorable.
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah she is spoiled... your little one is BEAUTIFUL!
DC is a pain sometimes but what do you get from a one year old? LOL Laughing

It rained buckets and i put her outside after the rain stopped. came out to get here and that was what I found... who would have thought Arizona had Mud Puppies? HA!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Welcome

Your DC cute.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:45 pm

AZ has only two good husky breeders, but I believe both of them no longer breed. It's a bummer. I'm going to be back in Scottsdale end of June if you feel like meeting up!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Hello form Arizona Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Welcome! beautiful boy. I love the muddy pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Welcome! She's so cute!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Welcome! D/C is gorgeous Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hello form Arizona 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks Very Happy D/C is my baby girl.. she keeps me sane for the most part. (I think)
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:48 pm

welcome from me and maggie may the malamute! Smile
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Your puppy is soooooo cute! Welcome! The pic of you, him, and the motorcycle: Does he ride in the little carrying bag on the back? Can he ride on the motorcycle once he's full grown? That is very cool!!!
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:38 pm

NadirCs wrote:
Your puppy is soooooo cute! Welcome! The pic of you, him, and the motorcycle: Does he ride in the little carrying bag on the back? Can he ride on the motorcycle once he's full grown? That is very cool!!!

DC was in my arms when we went there... That was when my boyfriend and I lived only 2 miles from the river. DC still loves motorcycles but I dont want to risk her getting hurt now. she is hard to hold being already 45 lbs at 18 months old. I now have my own motorcycle and I'm in the process of making a sidecar or enclosed trailer for it so she can ride with me once again. I swear the only time she ever makes any noise is when we start up our bikes then she screams and howls. poor baby Sad
Back to top Go down
Bandits Mum
Newborn
Newborn
Bandits Mum

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

From Arizona too! Out in the far West Valley Smile
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Heather! wrote:
AZ has only two good husky breeders, but I believe both of them no longer breed. It's a bummer. I'm going to be back in Scottsdale end of June if you feel like meeting up!

Oh that would be awesome... sorry for the laps in reply to that i so must have missed your post. DC could use some good husky play. there are 3 dogs in the house and they dont like DC at all! poor thing has had a butt whooping from heck so she needs time with others that will truly play and not try and eat her.
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm

furry_bandicoot wrote:
I now have my own motorcycle and I'm in the process of making a sidecar or enclosed trailer for it so she can ride with me once again.

There was a guy I used to see driving all around on a motorcycle, he had a sidecar shaped like a barrel with the name RUBY on it. Everywhere he went he had his dog Ruby in the sidecar; the dog even wore goggles and a doggy helmet. It was, basically the cutest thing ever. I need to get a picture of that.
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm

aww that sounds cool! I like the idea of doggles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Have you guys seen this guy with his dog on the back of his bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nKXALtHWs&feature=related
Back to top Go down
furry_bandicoot
Newborn
Newborn
furry_bandicoot

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:18 am

Awww now that is cute
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am

Welcome and shes gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello form Arizona Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello form Arizona   Hello form Arizona Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello form Arizona

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-