It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 pm

sounds like frosti is in love! Smile

Keep him! He loves you and he loves your pack. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:55 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
sounds like frosti is in love! Smile

Keep him! He loves you and he loves your pack. Smile

Hehe - he's awesome but I'll free him up to make some other family happy! We're good at two - can't let them outnumber you! Smile Miss Frosti has a number of boyfriends, including a very handsome husky/shep mix at daycare that she MOONS over! Wink The daycare owner found them on the stairs posing like they were taking prom pics and regrets not taking a picture of it. hehe Laughing

Mufasa will make someone very happy! He's so cuddly and sweet! I can't hog ALL the cute reds! Smile
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Mufasa's new dad is driving 12 hours from Colorado to pick him up at our house in LA today! I am craaaaazzzzyyyy excited!!! He sounds really nice, is outdoorsy and loves to hike - plus Mufasa is getting a chocolate lab sister. Mini dog meet at the house later tonight - we'll wear out all three huskies before he gets here! Smile

I'm going to tell him about the forum so maybe you guys can have a CO meetup!

In other news, the other husky - Ray - we saved (supposedly a senior acc. to the shelter people <rolleyes> - but his paperwork says 2 years old) had a tumor removed from his muzzle yesterday and made it through with flying colors! And he's being nursed back to health by his new girlfriend, the lactating mom husky (grrr!) her foster mom found dumped a week before she started fostering Ray (neighbors say the car dump her and speed away, with the husky chasing it)! If anyone in CO or CA wants a twosome that is already bonded - let me know! Smile Available from : http://www.mishasiberianhuskyrescue.com/

That's Ray's girlfriend Galena snuggled up to him:
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 53856510

Before pic - eating Frosty Paws dog ice cream - he's getting spoiled by his foster family! Smile
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 39242210

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 pm

The twosome snuggling up after foster Mom bailed him out (this is pre-surgery), and updating Dogbook. Wink

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 54779010

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:09 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
And he's being nursed back to health by his new girlfriend, the lactating mom husky (grrr!) her foster mom found dumped a week before she started fostering Ray (neighbors say the car dump her and speed away, with the husky chasing it!

Seriously some people just have no heart! Is the black/white dog in the pic the one that was dumped?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Poor baby.. I sure hope they find a home soon and that Ray heals soon..
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:31 pm

26nikita wrote:
hollywoodhuskies wrote:
And he's being nursed back to health by his new girlfriend, the lactating mom husky (grrr!) her foster mom found dumped a week before she started fostering Ray (neighbors say the car dump her and speed away, with the husky chasing it!

Seriously some people just have no heart! Is the black/white dog in the pic the one that was dumped?

Yup! That's her - Galena. She's gorgeous with a beautiful mask! So sweet, too! They probably sold her puppies on craigslist for $500 each and then dumped her while she was still lactating. So sad.

But in happy news - Ray is recovering well AND Mufasa arrived in Colorado at his new home. His new daddy picked up in LA on Tuesday night, stayed the night in the city and then drove back (after a fun hike for both pups!). I'm so happy!! I told him about the forum (and CO meet ups!) and hope he joins! Smile

Pics!
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 60098710
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:39 pm

What an awesome success story!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks, Jenny!

I spoke with the new dad about why he didn't adopt from a local rescue in CO - apparently NONE returned his calls or emails from petfinder or their website, even after putting in an application. Lisa from Misha Siberian Rescue returned his call right away. Plus I posted super adorable videos of Mufasa, so he was irresistible! More people would adopt vs buy if it weren't so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

I agree. I can't believe all the horror stories of people trying to rescue. We lucked out in finding Phantom in a random old county pound. (Show up with $10 and you could take any dog you wanted... not sure if that's better Neutral ) I really want a second Husky (convinced it would help Phantom's separation anxiety) but living in a rented townhouse with no backyard and the only near-by rescues being out of state essentially disqualifies me from every near-by rescue I've looked at. It's sad.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree also. We found Kerian on petfinder call the shelter Friday after hours left a message.

Receive a call from them Saturday all we had to do was show up with the adoption fee 25.00 included chip and she was spayed. They wanted us to bring Blaze to see if they got along which is working out very well

Glad to here Mufasa has a forever home and things are working out.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:24 pm

That is so terrible the owners just dumped her off like that! I hope she find's a great home that will love her and spoil her just like she deserves I love you
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
That is so terrible the owners just dumped her off like that! I hope she find's a great home that will love her and spoil her just like she deserves I love you

I'm glad she is so far away because I would be way too tempted to take her!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks, guys! I agree - she's gorgeous! Love her mask and cute short snout!

Mindy...I have a leftover crate to ship her if you're interested. Wink hehe

Mufasa went swimming today with his new sister! Smile And he's following daddy around everywhere!

Chewing a bone after his swim!
Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 Img_6810

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 am

I never updated this thread! Smile Ray and Galena are foster failures to one of the most awesome husky families around! They now have 5 huskies, are fostering another and love to take them carting! They also do a ton of husky meet ups.

Ray is only 2 instead of the senior the shelter estimated him to be, and is the sweetest thing! He's his new mommy's shadow! Plus, still making out with Galena - those guys are two peas in a pod! I met up with their mommy to relay a husky I bailed out at the shelter and heard all about their adventures! Smile Ray's tumor wasn't cancerous and it has healed up very nicely, can't even tell he had one! He'll spend the rest of his life getting spoiled!

In his place, we sent another senior girl Snowy to Colorado on the private plane and she has already been adopted by a wonderful family and has a beautiful sister dog! A fourth husky mix was transported via ground and happily hanging out at Misha Siberian Rescue headquarters with Lisa the founder! If you're in Colorado and looking to adopt or volunteer, please do contact her.

Pics of all these cuties on their page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Misha-Siberian-Husky-Rescue/236427526407540?ref=ts&fref=ts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!   Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mufasa, the adorable red/white rescued husky coming to CO soon!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2