It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Hello all, my name is Chad and I'm from Arkansas. I recently became the proud owner of a newborn Husky boy named Ragnar (won't be leaving his mom until July 17). Been lurking on the site for a couple weeks and decided to invite myself in and post an introduction. This will be our first Husky, and from all the tales I've been reading this should be a great experience. Arkansas is probably the worst place in the country to raise a Husky (Heat, Humidity, Mosquitos, Ticks and Ignorance) but we're determined to give Ragnar the best possible life we can.

Thank you all for allowing me in your house. Greetings!!   Ragnar11
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Welcome! Ragnar will do just fine with you guys in Arkansas, there are tons of members from the South. We're in the FL Panhandle, which is just as hot and probably more humid, and our girl does just fine. He is absolutely adorable, and I can't wait to watch him grow up!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Greetings!!   85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:57 pm

has ragnar opened his eyes yet? looks about almost 2 weeks! cute boy you go there Chad! welcome!
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

Oh my lord, isnt he absolutelly darling. I bet you cant wait until you can bring him home.

Welsome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 am

Yep, South here (NC) and Snow is just fine Smile Welcome to the family! I want to squish him, he's so cute <3
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome
Were in Tulsa which is also hot humid and the such.

We do fine With Blaza and Kerian.

I was walking Blaze last July and August twice a day in 100 degree temps he would get very upset with me if I we didn't go for our walks.
Back to top Go down
TNHuskyMom
Newborn
Newborn
TNHuskyMom

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am

We live outside Memphis and our pair does just fine. Smile Ours are mostly inside dogs. Especially in the summer.

Your new baby is precious. Good luck and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 am

We live in SOUTH Texas, and like many others have pointed out in their areas, our girls are happy as pie, so I wouldn't even worry about it!

Ragner is adorable! I can't wait to see more pics!
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

What a beautiful pup. I bet you can't wait until he comes home. But do your homeworks so you are prepared. I know they say ignorance is bliss, but not with a husky. Love him and he will love you. You came to the right place to get a start. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome a d congrats on the puppy!! I'm in central Florida and my two love it lol I can't wait to see more pictures of him!!
Back to top Go down
KairiLA
Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

Female Join date : 2012-05-09

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Welcome! We are in south Louisiana and Kairi does just fine. She is an inside dog though and we often have to coerce her to go on walks when it is hot but we have had no problems. Congratulations! Smile
Back to top Go down
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Thank you everyone for the warm reception. I'll post more pictures as soon as I can and I'm grateful for any and all advice. Ordered a Crate today, with divider, along with some other grooming products and chew toys to get ready for his arrival.
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Welcome! He looks absolutely adorable and I look forward to more pictures and tales of Ragnar!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Welcome from Maryland, hot and humid here too lol! Adorable puppy!!!
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 am

i read that you said you wil have him jul 17. make sure you are keeping him with the family for at least 8 weeks. That time is crucial for the puppy and will be better for him in the long run. I made sure of it with my pup. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: 3 Weeks Picture   Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 am

Greetings!!   Ragnar13
Back to top Go down
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am

AdamK wrote:
i read that you said you wil have him jul 17. make sure you are keeping him with the family for at least 8 weeks. That time is crucial for the puppy and will be better for him in the long run. I made sure of it with my pup. Very Happy

Thanks Adam. I've read that it's crucial to keep them with their mothers until at least 8 weeks and had anticipated Ragnar staying until then. However, the breeder states that the puppies are "ready" at 6 weeks but will allow them to stay, free of charge, for 10 days past there available pickup date. Consequently, Ragnar will come home with us 4 days prior to his 8th week.

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome Chad and congrats on your puppy. I'm sure it's too late but that does not sound like a reputable breeder pushing them out so young. I hope you will stay far away from them in the future if you ever decide to add more to your pack. Live and learn. Smile Ragnar is a cutie!

Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am

Thank you for the advice Val. I definitely made a mistake in my breeder selection and regret that I didn't educated myself further before dealing with this particular person. Oversized parents, multiple breeds, and frequency of breeding are a few of the issues that I've discovered in recent weeks.

Rest assured I will never again deal with this breeder.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 am

*RAGNAR* wrote:
Thank you for the advice Val. I definitely made a mistake in my breeder selection and regret that I didn't educated myself further before dealing with this particular person. Oversized parents, multiple breeds, and frequency of breeding are a few of the issues that I've discovered in recent weeks.

Rest assured I will never again deal with this breeder.

I think most of us who have gone to breeders have made that mistake once. I definitely did, and I thought I'd done my homework. Take it for the learning experience that it is, and don't ever beat yourself up over it Smile

Keep the pictures of Ragnar coming, it's really fun to watch him grow up from a newborn!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Greetings!!   85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Greetings!!   Ragnar14

1 Month Old, He's getting bigger.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm

What a cutie!! I'm sure you're just dying to get him home and start sharing your life with him. Welcome and congratulations!!
Back to top Go down
*RAGNAR*
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome Katie. We absolutely are, especially my 10 year old daughter who is an absolute animal nut...who isn't at that age though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Welcome! Congrats on the new addition!
Back to top Go down
Jenine & Craig
Newborn
Newborn
Jenine & Craig

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome!! Ragnar is adorbale! He'll be fine in the heat and humidity of Arkansas. We too are in the south, northern Florida, and lots of our neighbors worry about our husky in the heat but... she's fine so far! I'm sure it won't be a problem at all! Enjoy the adorable puppy stage!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings!!    Greetings!!   Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-