It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx Empty
PostSubject: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:51 am

Shelter has him listed as an Alaskan husky, no. 16290729 on the Abilene animal services website. According to the shelter he is male, 2 years, and red and white. His intake was the 25th. Dogs at this shelter are lucky if they get a week so he is running out of time. I tried contacting the husky rescue in Carrollton, Tx (TEXAS HUSKY RESCUE Inc.) but they never responded. We have offered to foster huskies from this shelter before, but they flat out refuse, however, I HAVE gotten a rescue to pull a doberman mom and her 9 newborn puppies before. If anyone can do anything to help, or if there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx Ad0e8c1c-703b-4fdf-a162-84a91eaa2db8
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:24 pm

If all else fails, you could go ahead and pay to get him out. Then try to network with a rescue to see if they will help with the bills while you foster.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 pm

If you can get her pulled, and half way here, I can take her and work with the rescues down here to get her adopted.

I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, we are going to San Antonio the 22nd of this month, I just don't know how I would go about getting him pulled. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

If he's not listed as rescue only, adopt him as a private citizen - I've done it dozens of times and then signed a document to release the dog to a rescue/other person.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Looks like a great dog, would be awesome to have a Bf for my girls but too far for me
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 am

Tiffany, I sent you an email about this guy Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am

capblossoms wrote:
Tiffany, I sent you an email about this guy Smile

Ok cool, I'll look out for it. I don't have classes on friday, so I can see what I can arrange, and see if we can get him outta the shelter.
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 am

Oh, lol I didn't realize you were online. It pretty much said, if you can email or fax them a 501c3 from one of your rescues, they will release him to me and I can bring him to you.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 am

capblossoms wrote:
Oh, lol I didn't realize you were online. It pretty much said, if you can email or fax them a 501c3 from one of your rescues, they will release him to me and I can bring him to you.

I will contact my contacts here, and see if that can be arranged. I'm not sure if that can happen though. They can help me network him to get a home, but there are specific rules because of them being city affiliated.

I will definitely try though.

If I can't, you can't just adopt him, and bring him to san antonio?
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

If you can't I will try and get the money together from somewhere. Things are a little tight this month trying to get everything together to move next month.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 am

I understand!

I'll see what I can do with the rescues, and then let you know ASAP!
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

Fantastic! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx   Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx Empty

Back to top Go down

Rescue needed ASAP in Abilene ,Tx

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1