It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Revolution for Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Revolution for Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:06 am

When anyone talks about parasite prevention for cats, they always talk about Revolution.
But how is it for dogs?

Apparently it will remove existing parasites as well as repel them too
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:40 am

When I have used pesticides, I've used an alternating system of Revolution and Trifexus. (I used a normal HW pill on the months that I used Revolution). It's good for the little dogs, but it never seemed to work well with the huskies. (That goes for the Trifexus as well) BUT. I live in South Texas, were Sand Fleas, Fleas, Chiggers, and Ticks are RAMPID.

So, that's not to say that it doesn't work well for your area., depending on how bad the fleas and ticks get.

TBH: when I do use a pesticide now, I use the frontline knock off at walmart, and it has worked the best from all of the ones I have tried!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 pm

I agree with tiffany. I have tried it. It does not work with huskies/mals. Maggie get ticks galore on that we don't really have fleas out here. I use the knock off too now tiff no ticks!!
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:47 pm

I've never used it, but I do sell a lot of it at work, if that counts. If you do use it, I'd probably wanna use heartgard or something with it because I definitely don't trust Revolution by itself for heartworm prevention. I've heard good things about it for fleas for dogs and cats. Ticks are tricky though. It only works on ticks found in certain areas, so unless the specific type of tick is local, it won't do anything for ticks. Where I live, we don't even have the type of tick that it prevents, so I always have to warn people that although it says it will repel ticks, it actually won't do anything in this area.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Actually, we used it until we switched to essential oils. It DOES work. We never had an issue with ticks, fleas or heartworm.

Now we use the essential oils and heartgard monthly. But, I would recommend revolution if you are using topicals, because it did work very well for us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:31 pm

We're going to keep using the oils with it.
I ask because I picked up a kitten off the road and the vet sold me Revolution for everyone to repel and treat her parasites and protect them from the parasites.
That reminds me, we need to get Nunya on some kind of heartworm preventative still.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 pm

We use heartgard. I buy it on Amazon - I got 12 months for 76.00/ Not too bad considering how much my vet charges.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolution for Dogs   Revolution for Dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Revolution for Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1