It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Training Treats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am

What have you found to be good training treats? Obviously they have to be small so that they don't cause weight gain, but yummy enough for the dog to realize its value!
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

I use these 3 Calorie treats for Luna and she loves them. They come in a bunch of flavors as well so she will never get bored of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlee-Bear-Treat-16-Ounce-Liver/dp/B0002XAFTG

Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 am

the best treats i've used for rocky are called Fresh Pet Vital Complete meals (it's actually dog food), it's in the refridgerator section but it comes in very small peices perfect for treats it's the one that comes in a bag

Training Treats Vital_10

they smell great too - these are one of the only treats that get's rocky's undivided attention
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 am

I'm a Zuke's fan. Peanut butter flavor smells better to the human nose, but Sabaka loves them all. When we were doing "heavy-duty" training (in classes and doing homework), I would cut each one in half. That's a little tedious but makes the treats last longer and is less calories for the pup.

http://www.wag.com/dog/p/zukes-mini-naturals-1-lb-117638
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Zukes mini naturals. Kale loves all the floavors but goes wild for the rabbit one lol 3 cala per treat.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 pm

This is what I used, if I didn't opt for cheese cut into very small cubes or boiled meat chopped up. They have very few ingredients and are freeze dried.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

I use Zukes Natural Mini Treats.
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

i used to buy all sorts of different treats, blue buffalo, zuke's, blue wilderness (picture of a wolf on the front). I then realized that Keeonah goes absolutely batty for any kind of food being offered as a treat, even her own kibble. So now her bag of training treats is 75% kibble, mixed with some of the the above-mentioned treats mixed in. I call it her doggie-trail mix, and it would be an understatement to say she is very motivated by it lol. My dog will literally do anything you ask for some food.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

I just use some of her kibble or slice up her chicken jerky treats into small kibble size bits. like 1cm x 1cm
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Cheese, and an HEB made dried meatball treat. Very unhealthy, but the ONLY thing Rio responds to. LOL! I cut them into little pieces.
Back to top Go down
nash
Puppy
Puppy
nash

Male Join date : 2012-05-29

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm

We use Zukes as well, generally 2 bags at a time. We started having to switch it up when we noticed that Dalton was loosing interest if we used the same one for a couple weeks. We'll also make a "trail mix" of sorts too using crunchy and soft treats as well. He seems to do better when he has a variety.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toocutetokill.blogspot.com
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions! Seems like Zukes is pretty popular.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

I use cut up apples and mini carrots at home and at training class canine carry out beef flavor broken up into pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Treats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Treats   Training Treats Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Treats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1