It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! Empty
PostSubject: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, its that time of the year again when my girlfriend and i drive up to chicago to visit her dad and brother. We leave Baltimore before dawn on sunday. This will be the first year I have Khuno for the 4th and he's coming with us! As is tradition with us, we will stop at every state line "welcome to..." sign and take a picture of our pet in front of it. We did this with my hedgehog two years ago (my favorite is the Pennsylvania sign where hedgehogs are illegal).

I'll be taking lots of pictures of Khuno during the 14-16 hour drive and even more when we are up in Chicago. They will all be posted here! I'm so excited to have Khuno with us this year. If anyone can think of any funny photos to take of khuno in chicago let me know!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Keep him on a tight leash. Unfamiliar surroundingsand loud fireworks can be a recipe for a lost dog. More animals are lost on the 4th of July than any other day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Have a great time and post those pics!
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
Keep him on a tight leash. Unfamiliar surroundingsand loud fireworks can be a recipe for a lost dog. More animals are lost on the 4th of July than any other day.

Khuno is ALWAYS on his leash. He's a city dog Smile. I'll keep the fact about lost animals in mind though.

We're going up to Chicago 3 days before the 4th so he should acclimate well. He always acclimated quickly to new places. Fireworks should be okay but I was going to be careful with that as well
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Gilly wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:

Khuno is ALWAYS on his leash. He's a city dog Smile. I'll keep the fact about lost animals in mind though.

We're going up to Chicago 3 days before the 4th so he should acclimate well. He always acclimated quickly to new places. Fireworks should be okay but I was going to be careful with that as well

Sounds good, have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 pm

that's so exciting!! you have to tell us how khuno handles it, i commute to downtown for school but this semester i'm taking online courses and i want to take rocky downtown and walk him all over the place lol
Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Wow, that was one of the most stressful, insane horrible vacation I've ever had!

I'll update about that later after I relax a little bit. But the good news, Khuno did GREAT and he was such a trooper the whole week. I'm so proud of my boy, except for one little problem, he was on his best behavior and you would never guess that he's an energetic 15 month old non-neutered husky Smile

I'll update tomorrow with pics and how many things went WRONG this vacation. I can count on one hand ow many things went right... i don't think I have enough fingers and toes to count the wrongs haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!   Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner! Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure to Chicago - Khuno's first July 4th trip is around the corner!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1