It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Acting strange after coming back from the kennel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jlabbe1123
Newborn
Newborn
jlabbe1123

Female Join date : 2012-06-30

Acting strange after coming back from the kennel Empty
PostSubject: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm

We had to put our pups Brady & Cloie in a kennel for 2 days when we went out of town. Our terrier Brady seems to be fine running around and a bit sleepy but our girl Cloie seems to be very out of it. She is up to date on all her shots but she got home and starting having diarrhea and looks kind of unstable when walking. Now she has been sleeping almost all day which is unlike her. I has been unusually hot out here lately and I don't know if that might have something to do with it but I just wanted to see what some other people thought. Didn't know if anyone else had some weird things after putting their pups in a kennel. Thanks for any comments!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 pm

We kenneled Mya twice years ago and when she got home she was acting weird also. She was completely ignoring us (I think she was mad that we left her) and have the had too. The next day (or the following) she was back to normal. The diarrhea is probably from the stress of being there, but walking unstable would concern me a bit.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Kale was so freaked out after boarding the first time he was possesive of his treats. After letting him cool off and readjust for a few days he was back to normal. I didnt give him any treats during that time. After switching to a different boarding setting with more interaction and less pets, he came home much calmer.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jlabbe1123
Newborn
Newborn
jlabbe1123

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah we are going to look for a different place next time. I really didn't like this one but now we know. She seems to be doing a little better after a full day of sleep. She still seems a bit out of it but we are hoping that she will come out of it in a day or two. As I thought about I think she might not have eaten much when she was there because there was still food left in the bowl when we went to pick them up and she normally leaves zero crumbs anywhere lol. So maybe that and the heat and the stress was just a lot for her. Hopefully she gets better soon I feel so bad for my girl.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 pm

The first place i took him didnt give him enough water. He was so dehydrated that he was peeing blood towards the end of his stream. He was in so much pain. Glad to hear that things are starting to get back to normal.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jlabbe1123
Newborn
Newborn
jlabbe1123

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Yay took a while but yesterday we are finally back to normal! Man that took so long but glad to have my girl acting like herself again. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 pm

glad cloie is doing better, i have never boarded, have been lucky enough to have friends watch S&J or i have hired a house/dog sitter in the past as well. i would try to find other options other than boarding for your next trip, maybe if its just for Cloie. or take them with you Smile

PostSubject: Re: Acting strange after coming back from the kennel   Acting strange after coming back from the kennel Empty

Back to top Go down

Acting strange after coming back from the kennel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1